Renegade's All for One Trait

in Revenant

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

Currently this trait is way too strong for what it is easily pushing out protection on 5 allies with close to 100% uptime all done passively with a major trait while you’re using skills that buff your allies damage.

Herald can put out 100% protection with their elite skill that has a 5 energy upkeep cost limiting your skill resources.

This is some clear power creep.

My suggestion for fixing this would be to change the boon that this trait gives to either retaliation which imo is more thematically appropriate for Khalla or fury to offset the lack of perma fury from glint and to increase the compatibility with the invocation traitline maybe with % fury duration; both of these options would fit better with the “Offensive Support” playstyle of this spec without invalidating Herald.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/All_for_One

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

The protection the trait provided was more than the description when I tested it, but I think we need to worry about all the absolutely underwhelming aspects of Renegade before we worry about a trait that will just be slapped with an internal cd.

in Revenant

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

Lol, Herald with Ventari can easily have 100% uptime protection with absurd healing.

in Revenant

Oldyoung.6109

Lol, Herald with Ventari can easily have 100% uptime protection with absurd healing.

that’s what i mean why is renegade doing the same thing better?

in Revenant

Posted by: SappFire.5793

SappFire.5793

If you will look for only spamming protection – yes, they absolutely same. But if look wider – they additionaly provides absolutely different utilities.
Herald can pulse fury, might and boon duration in any moment when he wants.
Renegade on other side must stop dps and cast for protection with some utility. It just does not worth focus it.

in Revenant

Oldyoung.6109

If you will look for only spamming protection – yes, they absolutely same. But if look wider – they additionaly provides absolutely different utilities.
Herald can pulse fury, might and boon duration in any moment when he wants.
Renegade on other side must stop dps and cast for protection with some utility. It just does not worth focus it.

Renegade gives out more might than herald does, currently the only thing you lose is some fury uptime and 33% boon duration by taking it over herald but you gain very strong profession specific dmg buffs on your utils that also give out protection with this trait meaning there’s almost no circumstance you would take herald over renegade which is clear power creep.

in Revenant

Posted by: aimz.6287

aimz.6287

Lol sapp is correct herald and Venturi did the same thing if not better soooo honestly anything you say is pointless

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

It’s basically impossible to keep it 100% up, or even 50%, since the energy consumption of the skills is completely broken. Even if you just spam shortbow-1 and the elite (making no dps basically) you are still forced to swap to another legend to refill the energy.

You sound like someone who never used the Revenant and just looked at the tooltips without knowing anything about energy management.

Revenant skills always sound op on paper, but they have energy cost.
I can basically use just 2-3 renegade skills before being forced to swap, no even using the upkeep elite.