Renegade's Fervor

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

So, Renegades are getting a mechanic called “Fervor”, that grants 30 ferocity and 2% condition damage per stack (seems it can stack up to 10).

It’s hard to say how this mechanic will impact revenants place in groups, since no one had the courtesy to hover over any of the renegade traits… but the trailer made it sound like this is a profession specific buff that revenants can grant to other players.

I feel like this will made renegades very desirable in PvE group content, that is, if it’s something that can be maintained at a decent amount of stacks; this is a unique damage buff that only revenant can bring.

I can see Ventari/Kalla being a potentially powerful support combo: especially if the spirits summoned by Kalla’s utilities persist through legend swap (which they might, since they last set durations and aren’t upkeeps).

What do you think of fervor? Hopefully it has traits to modify it… (I’m very annoyed that no one captured footage of renegade traits…)

Here’s the skills we know of so you can inform yourself: https://i.imgur.com/bTcuJNnr.jpg

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

TEN stacks?!?!?! zomg.

Although, if they are killing condi duration like I hear they are, it’ll be awesome to finally have a relevant group buff just in time for the condi meta to die and nobody to want it, lulz rev life.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Passive AOE buffs don’t stack. Also consider Grace of the Land caps at 10%, which across a team is pretty massive jump in DPS. Given its a 20% boost, I’m guessing its either hard to stack, or is only a self-buff similar in nature to Shiro’s sword trait. In fact…. its probably there to compensate for the lower or unfocused damage to help boost it in a DPS configuration.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Malthurius.6870

Passive AOE buffs don’t stack. Also consider Grace of the Land caps at 10%, which across a team is pretty massive jump in DPS. Given its a 20% boost, I’m guessing its either hard to stack, or is only a self-buff similar in nature to Shiro’s sword trait. In fact…. its probably there to compensate for the lower or unfocused damage to help boost it in a DPS configuration.

The buff itself stacks, not from multiple sources:
https://i.imgur.com/YbfL6eU.png

but it seems like I’ve misread, nothing anywhere says it’s granted to players; the f2 says it grants might per stack to players.

Well… this isn’t as cool as I first thought, but a potential 300 ferocity and 20% condi damage is really strong. But maybe there’s a trait to share it; or at least part of it.

Well, besides that, the elite skill seems promising for a group damage/sustain buff.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

As Malthurius pointed out, yes, it’s a personal buff. However a pretty big one. People seem to be focusing on Renegade being condi but think about a devastation+renegade combination. You’d be getting Kalla’s fervor (300 ferocity/20%crit dmg), Assassin’s presence (150 ferocity/10% crit dmg) + ferocious strikes (150 ferocity/10%crit dmg) or vicious laceration (10% base dmg)

considering rev is one of the classes with easiest crit cap, ferocious strikes and vicious laceration are basically identical (seriously anet, can you look at these traits??)
but in any case that’s a total of 40% crit dmg boost, and that’s without knowing any of the other renegade traits.

If any of the traits allows for kalla’s fervor to stack on allies, this could be a massive boost for power revenants as well. Add that to the fact that you can also help condi clases with a 20% damage boost and….well, yeah, I believe it’s a very powerful offensive support

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Malthurius.6870

Huh, this might actually be a really powerful hybrid condi/power elite with all that ferocity and condi damage.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: Datenshi.2765

Datenshi.2765

Its a massive buff no doubt..in fact its so good that I’m almost certain you’ll never find a trait that lets you share it. It’s atm the sole reason I’m still a bit excited for Kalla.

(edited by Datenshi.2765)

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Huh, this might actually be a really powerful hybrid condi/power elite with all that ferocity and condi damage.

I’m super excited. Hybrid revenant is something I currently play now and it’s so much fun. But Herald just doesn’t work well with it at all!

If it wasn’t for my love of hybrid rev I wouldn’t have been so passionate about getting full celestial. That was an undertaking an a half. XD

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Tbh I’m just happy rev is getting an elite spec that actually requires skill, herald was BS. All passive boon spam , get out of jail free heal, the perfect combo for unskilled players!

Base rev is where it’s at, if you think it sucks then you just don’t know how to play the class. And this seems like it follows the same design principles as base rev. Super excited for it.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: Datenshi.2765

Datenshi.2765

Tbh I’m just happy rev is getting an elite spec that actually requires skill, herald was BS. All passive boon spam , get out of jail free heal, the perfect combo for unskilled players!

Base rev is where it’s at, if you think it sucks then you just don’t know how to play the class. And this seems like it follows the same design principles as base rev. Super excited for it.

..I mean…yeah its passive but you do have active abilities on those upkeep skills as well. Base rev doesn’t suck but its not as effective in most of the game modes. People have actually done the numbers on these things. Being “boring” or “unskilled” doesn’t matter if you’re interested in min/maxing. I would think most people that aren’t strictly doing open world pve are. That being said, would i want to see a legend that’s competitive with Glint? Hell yes…Am i convinced it’ll be Kalla? Hell no.

(edited by Datenshi.2765)

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Yeah I read this wrong initially too, thought it provided the buff to everyone. I feel like it’d be worthy of a grandmaster trait that does, in fact, provide this buff to 5 allies, but 20% condi damage and 20% critical damage sounds a bit strong considering how easy it will be to keep up 10 stacks assuming there’s no ICD on it.

I’m hoping this can fill the role of glassy backline support and bombs. You lose so much defense with the loss of Glint and Shield that you’re going to need a healbot ele/druid/mes/etc in your group to cover yourself. Perhaps it can play the old role that necro did in WvW, that of backline bombs, but with more support for everyone in your party.

The elite skill, if there’s no ICD on the life siphon, sounds absolutely broken if you can keep it up for over 5 seconds. Imagine a guardian hitting with Whirling Wrath and getting 750 extra damage every hit, and healing themselves at the same time. Sounds like a cool design, but depending on whether you have enough energy to keep it up for a prolonged period of time, would absolutely swing fights if the siphon has no ICD. Imagine it for yourself too. Devastation/Invocation/Renegade could give you absurd life siphon ability, which leads me to believe it’s definitely going to be a backline spec.

collector of liquid aurillium

(edited by ventusthunder.5067)

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Yeah I read this wrong initially too, thought it provided the buff to everyone. I feel like it’d be worthy of a grandmaster trait that does, in fact, provide this buff to 5 allies, but 20% condi damage and 20% critical damage sounds a bit strong considering how easy it will be to keep up 10 stacks assuming there’s no ICD on it.

I’m hoping this can fill the role of glassy backline support and bombs. You lose so much defense with the loss of Glint and Shield that you’re going to need a healbot ele/druid/mes/etc in your group to cover yourself. Perhaps it can play the old role that necro did in WvW, that of backline bombs, but with more support for everyone in your party.

The elite skill, if there’s no ICD on the life siphon, sounds absolutely broken if you can keep it up for over 5 seconds. Imagine a guardian hitting with Whirling Wrath and getting 750 extra damage every hit, and healing themselves at the same time. Sounds like a cool design, but depending on whether you have enough energy to keep it up for a prolonged period of time, would absolutely swing fights if the siphon has no ICD. Imagine it for yourself too. Devastation/Invocation/Renegade could give you absurd life siphon ability, which leads me to believe it’s definitely going to be a backline spec.

Was checking the footage, there’s a moment where she uses sevenshot and two of the shots hit the target, both getting the 750 lifesteal damage pop up at the same time, so it doesn’t seemto have an ICD.
That said, it does say it can only empower players, so unlike the necro vampiric aura and traits, it won’t work with summons

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Was checking the footage, there’s a moment where she uses sevenshot and two of the shots hit the target, both getting the 750 lifesteal damage pop up at the same time, so it doesn’t seemto have an ICD.
That said, it does say it can only empower players, so unlike the necro vampiric aura and traits, it won’t work with summons

Right, i’m just thinking from a WvW backline perspective if it can provide the focus damage that old axe well necro did, plus crazy offensive support. Since you can target where the charr lands, you should be able to put it on your frontline, who usually do a lot of strikes but little damage per strike due to their tank stats. If you have guardians doing Whirling Wrath or even Staff 1 with the siphon up, you can imagine the incredible boosted damage that will be coming out of your frontline while also sustaining them.

My biggest question is now if the charr can die while they’re summoned. If they can’t be damaged, I think this would be an extremely strong offensive support spec, but if they can die, Renegade loses a lot of its utility.

edit: a word

collector of liquid aurillium

(edited by ventusthunder.5067)

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Even if they could die, while the other utility skills have a CD, the elite doesn’t, it’s just an upkeep, so you might just be able to resummon it instantly, kinda like when the jalis hammers get despawned due to bad terrain

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Even if they could die, while the other utility skills have a CD, the elite doesn’t, it’s just an upkeep, so you might just be able to resummon it instantly, kinda like when the jalis hammers get despawned due to bad terrain

10 energy to summon, 9 energy upkeep.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

So it’s about as costly as impossible odds, will last about a second longer. Eh, it’s alright.

Renegade's Fervor

in Revenant

Malthurius.6870

So it’s about as costly as impossible odds, will last about a second longer. Eh, it’s alright.

Energy drains or gains at 1 per second per negative/positive pip. So at max energy with this skilled activated… 90 energy then -4 pip… it’ll last roughly 22 seconds, assuming you use no other skills with costs during that time.

Using weapon skills, and in the common situation of probably being around 40-60 energy in the heat of combat, it’ll probably be able to last 4-6 seconds I’d guess.

So, in a vacuum at max energy, it’s borderline broken I’d say, haha…
In a normal situation, it’s still pretty good.