Renegade should be a minion master

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I really love renegade, the weapon feels good, and the elite specialization concept of a warband leader works very well. Definitely in my top 3 of PoF elite specs.

My problem lies with the slot skills. They’re passive, spririt/totem-like minions, which is very underwhelming for the core concept, and doesn’t really add anything new to the profession.

I think renegade could improve a lot by changing the slot skills to actual active warband members, fighting by your side.

Their passive abilities can stay with them while they move, or they can be activated after being summoned (like necromancer’s minions, or guardian’s spirit weapons).

These warband members can be inspired by the existing skills, or even better, by different charr heroes from different ages.

Also, there’s something I dislike from both herald and renegade: The new mechanic skills are designed for the new legend, and don’t change when you switch legend.

This meant that the original legends got nothing new to play with, which was very underwhelming.

For reference, these are the renegade skills: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renegade

What if we reorder the mechanic and slot skills a bit, and leave some minion-summoning at F2, F3, and F4?

This way, when you switch to Jalis, you can now summon ancient dwarven henchmen to fight beside you, with a new visual appearance, and maybe even different skills and effects.

Summarized:

• Turn renegade slot skills into minion skills, which can fight your enemies. Their current effects can stay while they’re alive, or be activated after summoned.
  • Adapt the legend mechanic skills so that the other legends can summon their own minions as well, giving the original legends something new to play with.

I think this would make renegade much more fun than what currently is.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I like this. I like this idea a lot.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I like it too. Much better than what we have.

Unfortunately I think we’re unlikely to get it now because it would involve too much additional graphics development to implement before launch.

in Revenant

Posted by: EternalFears.1289

EternalFears.1289

100% terrible idea if you want minions go play necro…. Also google the meaning of RENEGADE and tell me if we should be summoning anything at all. Terrible idea on Anets part to give us ANOTHER group focused spec like herald.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

100% terrible idea if you want minions go play necro…. Also google the meaning of RENEGADE and tell me if we should be summoning anything at all. Terrible idea on Anets part to give us ANOTHER group focused spec like herald.

Agreed. Another spec that tries really hard at being useful for those around it. Got kinda disappointed when I saw it Oh well, moving on….

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I really love renegade, the weapon feels good, and the elite specialization concept of a warband leader works very well. Definitely in my top 3 of PoF elite specs.

My problem lies with the slot skills. They’re passive, spririt/totem-like minions, which is very underwhelming for the core concept, and doesn’t really add anything new to the profession.

I think renegade could improve a lot by changing the slot skills to actual active warband members, fighting by your side.

Their passive abilities can stay with them while they move, or they can be activated after being summoned (like necromancer’s minions, or guardian’s spirit weapons).

These warband members can be inspired by the existing skills, or even better, by different charr heroes from different ages.

Also, there’s something I dislike from both herald and renegade: The new mechanic skills are designed for the new legend, and don’t change when you switch legend.

This meant that the original legends got nothing new to play with, which was very underwhelming.

For reference, these are the renegade skills: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renegade

What if we reorder the mechanic and slot skills a bit, and leave some minion-summoning at F2, F3, and F4?

This way, when you switch to Jalis, you can now summon ancient dwarven henchmen to fight beside you, with a new visual appearance, and maybe even different skills and effects.

Summarized:

• Turn renegade slot skills into minion skills, which can fight your enemies. Their current effects can stay while they’re alive, or be activated after summoned.
  • Adapt the legend mechanic skills so that the other legends can summon their own minions as well, giving the original legends something new to play with.

I think this would make renegade much more fun than what currently is.

I would actually play renegade if this would be inplemented.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

Would be really fun and cool for open world PvE exploration / roleplay / (very) casual gameplay… however,

as a person who enjoys small/large scale WvW fights the most in Gw2 out of everything else, AI spawns are not something I want to be implemented. I’m decently happy with the Renegade utilities because, while they are technically AI, you have absolute control over when and where they do what they do.

I think these fun elite specs are due in the future, when each profession already has a role in every aspect of higher-level play. Again, I’d love to run around with a warband, a fleet of munchkins, or unborn sylvari? I just don’t see adding more AI skills into the game as a good idea (see Gyros), and I hope Anet sees this too.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I just don’t see adding more AI skills into the game as a good idea (see Gyros), and I hope Anet sees this too.

Pet skills aren’t unpopular. Necro minions, ranger pets and mesmer illusions can be very powerful and appreciated in PvE.

Gyros were an unfathomable mistake though. Anet took their only immensely unpopular iteration of pets – guardian spirit weapons – and gave to them to engineers as an elite. It should have surprised no-one that they were just as unpopular.

You can’t keep them up enough to be truly useful and it’s just irritating having to resummon them all the time.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

I would love this personally, but I love pets in general.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I just don’t see adding more AI skills into the game as a good idea (see Gyros), and I hope Anet sees this too.

Pet skills aren’t unpopular. Necro minions, ranger pets and mesmer illusions can be very powerful and appreciated in PvE.

Gyros were an unfathomable mistake though. Anet took their only immensely unpopular iteration of pets – guardian spirit weapons – and gave to them to engineers as an elite. It should have surprised no-one that they were just as unpopular.

You can’t keep them up enough to be truly useful and it’s just irritating having to resummon them all the time.

Yeah, pets/minions just need better utility and better controls.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Revenant

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Elite specs adopt stuff from other classes so adopting a Necro’s minion system isn’t a terrible idea. Instead it’s more Mesmer-ish which is meh, especially when Gwen isn’t involved. Also your complaint about the name doesn’t make sense.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Also your complaint about the name doesn’t make sense

Agreed, it could just mean that Kalla’s entire warband deserted Blood Legion. I’m sure someone on here knows her lore.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t expect to be able to summon unique minions for each Legend, that would be too much work and they don’t care that much about Revenant players like they do about Eles. I definitely would like to see a more active “warband” themed Renegade, where you can summon various Charr and they are legitimate teammates, providing actual battlefield assistance the entire time. They should be more like pets that you can turn on and off, and you can only maintain 1-2 at a time safely, maybe 3 if you don’t go nuts with your weapon, and all five for a few moments every now and then. Maybe the Elite skill could just be to summon them all out at no cost for ten seconds or so every couple minutes.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t expect to be able to summon unique minions for each Legend, that would be too much work and they don’t care that much about Revenant players like they do about Eles. I definitely would like to see a more active “warband” themed Renegade, where you can summon various Charr and they are legitimate teammates, providing actual battlefield assistance the entire time. They should be more like pets that you can turn on and off, and you can only maintain 1-2 at a time safely, maybe 3 if you don’t go nuts with your weapon, and all five for a few moments every now and then. Maybe the Elite skill could just be to summon them all out at no cost for ten seconds or so every couple minutes.

Too much work? Look at Ele and Holosmith, they had lots of work. Why not use as well…?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Too much work? Look at Ele and Holosmith, they had lots of work. Why not use as well…?

I love Minion Master stuff, but Renegade is the only one I think that should be like that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Because this is the Revenant, and the devs have never cared that much about the Revenant. They clearly made the Weaver and the Holosmith and then we’re like “eh, let’s knock the rest of the specs out over the weekend so we can make the announcement trailer.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Clearly this guy is anet dev ! everyone knows they love minon master XD