Renegade sigils?

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Ive been wondering what sigils a renegade should use, since it adds bleed to our repetoire.

Sigil of Agony looks like a given for the bleed focused shortbow and Kalla, but what else?

Sigil of Smoldering and Sigil of Geomancy looks like staples for the Mace and Axe still.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Reve primary has torment and burn, with the new niche bleed from kalla. You pretty much answered your own question tbh.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i would wait until we see the PoF rune / sigil set to answer this question ore correctly.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Reve primary has torment and burn, with the new niche bleed from kalla. You pretty much answered your own question tbh.

Guess i wasnt clear about it, I meant sigils for use with the new shortbow on swap.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I don’t see why you can’t just use Geomancy on the Short Bow as well truth be told. You’d likely be swapping and triggering it when in melee range at any rate, unless you were to swap legends at range I guess. There’s factors like that to consider I suppose. Bursting? Smoldering since there are Burns on the Short Bow as well?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

the bow has two bleeding moves and two burning moves. and the razorclaws rage spirit inflicts large amounts of bleeding too.

So, Sigil of Agony and Sigil of Smoldering for the bow I think? Improving both bleeding and burning with 20% duration.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Malice/Geo prolly. Yawn.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Absconditus.6804

So, Sigil of Agony and Sigil of Smoldering for the bow I think? Improving both bleeding and burning with 20% duration.

Superior Sigil of Agony might be pretty much pointless actually. With the Blood Fury trait already increasing our Bleed duration with 25% — in full Ascended Viper’s, 4x Nightmare + 2x Trapper Runes with a Rare Veggie Pizza — we should be looking at a 98% duration increase while under the effect of Fury. At that point, if you want the 2%, you may as well go for a Superior Sigil of Malice which should cap the Burns as well (if used in conjunction with Smoldering), pushing them from a 93% duration to 100%.

My problem with getting rid of Geomancy from condition builds is that with the new traits, we should after 9 seconds be looking at 983 damage per second from the maximum of 6 stacks of Bleeds that it can maintain permanently if triggered properly, with the duration increase. That’s not exactly too bad from a single Sigil. It does require us to be up close and personal though.

(PS: I am extremely sleepy right now, there may be mistakes in the calculations I did.)

Seafarer’s Rest

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Hrm, some good points there. I am currently fully ascended vipers myself, and opted for 4x nightmare and 2x trappers. I have malice+geomancy on my mace/axe set now. But would geomancy still be useful on the shortbow if you mainly intend to use it when you have to be at ranged, or do you think you will still end up with enough mobs around you to make it still count?

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Hrm, some good points there. I am currently fully ascended vipers myself, and opted for 4x nightmare and 2x trappers. I have malice+geomancy on my mace/axe set now. But would geomancy still be useful on the shortbow if you mainly intend to use it when you have to be at ranged, or do you think you will still end up with enough mobs around you to make it still count?

If you plan on using your short bow mostly at range you’re already giving up on mix/maxing your dps so just go with what you think would give you the best utility at that point. Earth? Escape? Energy?

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Hrm, i mainly liked the idea of the bow to have a ranged attack ability when need forced it on you. Areas with lots of melee hate, as well large openworld blobs where you simply cant see anything in the melee field due to twilight users. But otherwise i tend to be quite good with mace axe as long the melee field is viewable.

When playing power rev in the past, I used the hammer a lot in open world groups and when ranged, before closing in and swapping to the melee set. Having no ranged set as condi currently have made me better at melee i think, but i still miss not having the option. But that will soon be adressed with pof.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Hrm, i mainly liked the idea of the bow to have a ranged attack ability when need forced it on you. Areas with lots of melee hate, as well large openworld blobs where you simply cant see anything in the melee field due to twilight users. But otherwise i tend to be quite good with mace axe as long the melee field is viewable.

When playing power rev in the past, I used the hammer a lot in open world groups and when ranged, before closing in and swapping to the melee set. Having no ranged set as condi currently have made me better at melee i think, but i still miss not having the option. But that will soon be adressed with pof.

I didn’t mean to give up on ranging if that’s what you’re all about, all I meant is that using Geomancy on your ranged weapon is all about totally maxing your dps. And the second you leave melee range, your dps is going to significantly drop because you’ll be out of range of Embrace the Darkness/Jalis Hammers and you’ll start missing Grace of the Land stacks, Quickness pulsing, and maybe even might/fury share, all of which will tank your dps a lot harder than having the “wrong” sigil.

So, I mean, if you want to use your short bow as more of a ranged option you might as well use a sigil that meshes with that gameplay… Earth would be an obvious extra bleed source. Escape/Energy would help you gtfo of melee range to start ranging.

Personally, I’m probably never going to use the short bow, but if I do I’ll probably slap Malice/Hydromancy on for the double swap procs and also as an escape chill.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Hrm, some good points there. I do hope Anet seriously improves the kalla utilities to be more useful, but i am cautiously optimistic.

Renegade sigils?

in Revenant

Absconditus.6804

Well, Smoldering is seemingly somewhat as pointless as Agony. It makes things like Searing Flames reach a maximum stack of 8, up from 7 while using Malice at the same time. The difference in damage is basically 591.762894 per second with optimal stats (Spotter, Banner of Discipline, Embrace the Darkness, etc.) At the same time, using a Geomancy sigil instead of the Smoldering one, provides 1502.698724 damage per second once it has been triggered twice and from then on out until failing to maintain it in rotation or when the encounter in question is over. That is after 9 seconds of course, which means it has a bit of a ramp-up time, but it is vastly superior when it can be maintained. Even after triggering for the first time it does 751.3493622 damage per second. This is not counting the minor single damage spike the “Ring of Earth” effect produces on triggering it.

The question then is, will Geomancy be useful on the Short Bow? As far as I can tell right now, with how I envision myself using the weapon and Renegade in general, most likely. When running around with Short Bow, I am likely to use Kalla’s legendary stance while engaging, as that is more or less the only stance with synergy for ranged battle, I will also likely close the gap frequently, since some of our traits are benefiting close range combat. Diabolic Inferno is in example more or less melee range. Mallyx’s legendary stance is in general melee focused as well, e.g., Embrace the Darkness being a rather big deal with it’s 10% to all stats and pulsating Torment, not to forget it’s synergy with Diabolic Inferno. Enemies are likely to close the gap on me as well. So, when I am close to enemies, I will likely either legend swap to Mallyx for Unyielding Anguish to Chill (and Torment) in order to give myself some kiting capability, triggering the Geomancy sigil on the Short Bow, and/or I will weapon swap to Mace/Axe which also has a Geomancy sigil, triggering that one instead. When I need to get away from melee combat, I will swap to Short Bow and thus trigger it as I move out, etc. — sometimes it will be on an ICD, but it at least makes it more likely that I am able to trigger and maintain the 6 stacks of Bleed the sigil can produce at a given time.

PS: I may have made mistakes in my calculations, doing this while a bit sleepy again, though I’m fairly certain everything is in order.

Seafarer’s Rest