Renegade viable for pve/fractals/dungeons

in Revenant

Posted by: Bogus.1598

Bogus.1598

Hi i wonder if the renegade has any future in open world pve/ solo content and doing a occasional fractal/dungeon?

I love the mace/axe combo due to the fire field and the blast finishers and the skills just look awesome. I noticed there is a trait that gives protection on activation of the renegade warband skills, will such a build be good enough for the content i like, or am i doomed to play the boring firebrand if i wanna support others.

Any constructive feedback and idea’s are welcome!

Cheers

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Hard to tell just yet since the expansion isn’t out. Needs more play time. I however found a lot more success playing a rev power spec in solo content. The high mobility and high burst damage fits my play style very well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

As Dragon said, hard to tell. However, I feel like the buff wells might be fairly useless in situations where a lot of mobility is required (AKA a lot of the end game content).

in Revenant

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Oh, I’m very confident that the Renegade will be viable in the content you’d like to use it for. From a support perspective it will arguably be more viable than the Firebrand – a lot of complaints in the guardian forum are about how hard it is to hit allies with the mantra cones and about the long cooldowns for the tome support skills. By contrast I’m not too worried about hitting allies with the Renegade spirits – 360 radius is bigger than the biggest shade the Scourge can put out and necros seem confident that they can keep allies in that area. The big problem (unless they fix it) is that the spirits are vulnerable to damage/CC, but if you learn the mechanics of each fight you should be able to find windows to safely cast these skills.

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Viable? Definitely. You can complete most content in the game by donning zerker gear and auto attacking things to death. The other two questions are “Is it better than Herald?” and "Will it be optimal?.

For power builds, stick with Herald. Renegade has nothing to offer them. For Condi builds, the Renegade specialization looks to be a minor buff over Invocation in damage. Not utility, though, but it will do more damage. As for the stance, whether it is better than Jalis is still up in the air. There’s a lot of unknowns right now, such as the survival rate of the summons and exact mechanics of the elite skill. Optimistically it would be, but practically we’ll have to see. As for the weapon… no, basically never.

Optimal? Never. The renegade is a beatstick, through and through. The only team support it gives is Assassin’s Presence. The buffs to condi damage would, at most, only put the Renegade on par with the condi builds of other classes.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Revenant

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

Viable? Definitely. You can complete most content in the game by donning zerker gear and auto attacking things to death. The other two questions are “Is it better than Herald?” and "Will it be optimal?.

For power builds, stick with Herald. Renegade has nothing to offer them. For Condi builds, the Renegade specialization looks to be a minor buff over Invocation in damage. Not utility, though, but it will do more damage. As for the stance, whether it is better than Jalis is still up in the air. There’s a lot of unknowns right now, such as the survival rate of the summons and exact mechanics of the elite skill. Optimistically it would be, but practically we’ll have to see. As for the weapon… no, basically never.

Optimal? Never. The renegade is a beatstick, through and through. The only team support it gives is Assassin’s Presence. The buffs to condi damage would, at most, only put the Renegade on par with the condi builds of other classes.

I feel like you did not actually look at Revenant. And you just spouting out information you hear somewhere else as fact. And quite frankly you’re wrong.

Revenant will be a power house for PVE content. It brings more than just assassin’s presence and if you read the skills and traits you would know that.

1. Heroic Command. It refreshes our Kalla’s fervor and spreads might to allies.

So with this you are helping your team members get to the might cap which NO class can do naturally. And it refreshes your Kalla’s fervor. Which by the way, 300 ferocity and 10% Condition damage at the specced 10 stack trait.

2. Orders from above. Refreshes abilities.
You are causing other members of you team to have faster cds. Not every class can do that so you are just another alacrity machine. It on a 20s CD so every 20s you are poping people’s abilities.

Every single ability with the bow causes burning or Bleeding and with Kalla’s fervor you pumping out more dots strength than any other class.

With razor claw’s rage you causing everyone in range of it to pop out an extra stack of bleed.

With Darkrazor’s daring you stunning. AND Razor claw’s ability and be tacked on to this if they are in range of each other.

Icerazor’s Ire slows and cripples and if he is range of Razorclaw he also causes bleed. Which by the way those spirits are affected by your condition damage.

Soulcleave’s summit causes a life drain. And if she is in range of razor claw she pops the bleed.

And teh traits just get better and better.

Not optimal and on par with other condi specks. HA! renegade will be better than the rest of the condi builds because it can put out stronger bleeds and burns with kalla’s fervor.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

While I don’t think renegade is a trash fire as some seem to, though it still seems like it’ll be in a bad spot at release, it certainly isn’t going to be “better than the rest of the condi builds.”

Heroic command will likely never be used to spread might to allies unless there are some significant changes to the roles the different professions will be covering. One warrior can easily keep 25 might on its sub-group. Moreover, it’s so easy to get full stacks of Kalla’s fervor that I really don’t think there will be much reason to use Heroic Command to renew them.

Orders from Above applies alacrity, something which is already covered by chronos. Again, unless there is a major shift in roles it’s unlikely this ability will be of any relevance. Not to mention the ludicrous cost of 30 energy. If you want to get a feel for how this sort of expenditure of energy affects a rev’s rotation, just toss in an Unyielding Anguish any time you switch to Mallyx, and I’d say even that is probably better than speeding up cooldowns by about 1.33sec (2sec if traited) for yourself and 4 others.

Icerazor’s Ire doesn’t inflict slow and cripple, it inflicts vulnerability and cripple.

As for the shortbow, the durations of the condis it inflicts are very short, meaning they do little damage. I’d type them all out, but I suggest you just take a look at them on the wiki yourself instead, among other things renegade skills and traits do.

The only good things I see renegade bringing to rev are Kalla’s fervor and possibly Razorclaw’s Rage, but I don’t know if that’ll be enough to make revs competitive with other professions.