Returned and Jumped to the Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Aldrin.7641

Aldrin.7641

Hello there I just got back and decided to impulsively jump on the HoT hype train and bought the expansion to experience the Revenant?

I think I like the concept of the class and some of the animations and I want to make it my main compared to my engineer

However I am curious about a few things especially

1) Is a ranged build good for this class at leveling and/or end game (I mostly also play PVE as a ranged character but leveling yes, I can dabble a bit into melee a bit but I mostly prefer ranged.)
2) Is the Revenant good at healing / support? I mainly go with the healer/support role in most games I play but GW2 doesn’t have a dedicated support class as it does not support the usual trinity.

3) Any tips so I could level faster besides running around the world doing hearts?

Druid, Tempest, Revenant, Necromancer, Engineer

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

1. Revenant is a mix of melee and ranged when you need it. Your highest damage is going to be in melee range.
2. Revenant has a dedicated healing legend and has very good access to very very high outgoing healing through traits.
3. XP boosters, food, fireworks, celebration/birthday boosters, xp banners + bonfire and hang out farming the mad kings labyrinth. Really good way to level very quickly.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Revenant

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I main an Engi and I must say I am loving playing my new Rev. They play pretty similar really. You do have good ranged options. At the moment I am running with staff/Hammer and it works well. Staff for melee and groups, hammer for when I need to range.

I prefer Jalis/Ventari but mostly use Jalis 99% of the time. I am using zerker gear with Jalis and a few nice traits that keep me at 100% hp pretty much constantly. Hint: buy the sigil that causes vuln 50% of the time and use the trait that lets you heal off enemies with vuln on them.

For support you will want to use ventari and it works pretty nicely. I managed to use it to keep a few ppl alive in Kessex vs the champ spider. Yet to test it in serious situations tho. Well worth playing around with. If you loved Engi you can easily adapt to Rev.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aldrin.7641

Aldrin.7641

@Paulytnz.7619 – yes, indeed I didn’t expect to love the engineer, rather get it to 80 but I do love the engineer class!. Thanks for the suggestion as well, looks like a nice open world build too

@Nickthemoonwolf.1485 – kitten , i was hoping melee was not max dps, but oh well I can’t always get what I want, I guess

Druid, Tempest, Revenant, Necromancer, Engineer