Rev DPS vs Survivalbility

in Revenant

Posted by: Manius.5679

Manius.5679

I quit playing when HoTs was announced and just recently decided to return. Looking at the class description for Revenant I decided this is the class for me. I can’t figure out the build to use though. I don’t like the meta (mainly because a ranged 2h hammer doesnt appeal to me), so I modified it slightly.

I am using the Shiro/Glint build with sword/axe and sword/shield. Its working great as support, especially if I’m not being focused, but whenever I go 1v1 I can’t hit hard enough to win the fight and the thief can cut through me like butter. The more I go toughness/vitality the less damage I do and if I stack power, I go down like a cloth wearer. Is this really just a support class, or will it get easier the longer I play it?

I’m considering switching to Jalis instead of Shiro and trying to bunker, and I think the new elite spec will give some options adding a strong ranged dps. But as of now I can’t help feeling kitten.

in Revenant

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Sword/Shield + Staff is pretty good for 1v1… In a zerg use hammer over staff

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Revenant

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Sadly, thief is the main counter to revenant, so always expect an uphill battle.
What I recommend is a switch to staff and sword/shield. Staff has excellent utility and is imo, a must have weapon for any revenant build. As for switching to jalis from shiro, it’s a tough call, without shiro you lose access to a reliable stunbreak because jalis has only one and costs 50 energy. Jalis Is easier to learn revenant if you are new, try it until you feel more comfortable and then try shiro again.