Rev Mains?

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I am heavily leaning towards maining Rev but am currently undecided.

I really like the energy system and staff melee. But thief will also get melee staff, uses an energy-like resource (atleast for weapon skills), and is more mobile (mobility is important to me). But thief is also more aggressive and I prefer defensive builds. I currently main Engi, and I will need to see what their elite spec is too. I am looking forward to melee hammer, but unless it’s really good I will probably switch mains. Even with melee and the elite spec, Engi would still likely be about managing lots of cooldowns, which I do not like as much as energy / initiative.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Im def going to put serious time into it, but I have to say berserker and daredevil just look too good

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

I plan on maining rev just because ive always wanted to play the third heavy armor which i always suspected would fit this theme.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Right now I main guardian. I always wanted my heavy armor sword shield class.

With the traits and permanent fury I think the damage can match it. So I think I will main it

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Maybe ill swap to Rev after the next BWE ,because im so disapointed about tempest.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m loyal to ranger, so I doubt I’ll ever change my main. Revenant will probably be more like my second main. I will definitely be playing it a lot because I do love the class dearly at this point. It’s very fun.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

I’ll swap to rev, because I have no fun with other classes in PvP

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Guardian for 3 years, going to Revenant because it’s what I’ve always wanted.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

If the Druid isn’t what I hope, I will be. Without a doubt. Just love Mace/Axe so much.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Still unsure. I really want to, it’s just that last time I played it in the BWE it felt so horribly slow… Besides, I like to play all 3 games modes, and I have yet to see how does the Rev fair in all of them…
Guess only time will tell

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Still unsure. I really want to, it’s just that last time I played it in the BWE it felt so horribly slow… Besides, I like to play all 3 games modes, and I have yet to see how does the Rev fair in all of them…
Guess only time will tell

Slow? It’s pretty fast for a heavy armor class. It’s slower then Berserker but faster then Guardian. Infinite superspeed/swiftness, low cooldowns, unrelenting assault. Hammer is slow, sure, but hits like a truck.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

Yes I’ve been planning to main it

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

I’m just ready to have mine now.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Herald looks like it could be a great bunker if you run centaur as your auxiliary stance. if so then I’m sure you will see me playing a lot of the class. looks like a very active and varied bunker playstyle that should prove to be incredibly effective and a lot of fun. I don’t know if it will be good enough to main, but it might end up being one of my regular classes.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

So sick of anet treating rangers like kitten, so yes I’ll be switching over to Rev as my main.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Rev is my main, up until now i’ve mained a warrior but always felt it was missing something.

Rev is perfect for me(except needs more utilities/customization)

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I cant already tell if Im going to main Rev, but its going to be definitely one of my core professions, thatsfor sure

M I L K B O I S

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Absolutely no contest for me. This my new main.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaisoul.7498

Kaisoul.7498

i would love hands down to play rev as my main as soon as i can afford the exspansion. Getting my family a new home trumps my desire for a rev atm.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I was pretty sure to main a Revenant (even taking 2 weeks vacation, starting October 23rd :-D to get him as fast as possible on par with my other Toons), but then DareDevil happened. I play my Thief every now and then, but kitten looks the DD fun!

Right now my decision still stands (investend into Torment Runes etc. weeks ago) but the DD is a close contender for that spot.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Possibly for pvp. Maybe in pve once I see how raids are.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I’m sticking with Ranger as main, but Revenant will definitely be my go-to heavy class, just like Mesmer is my main light class. I just can’t let go of my Ranger as I’m so heavily invested in it and I do enjoy it the most, hopefully even more with Druid coming.
Until now I haven’t had a heavy class I enjoy so I’m very happy Revenant is coming!

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

My signature says it all.

I will also be playing my Thief and Necro, but Revy will be the main.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If by ‘maining’ a toon you mean which will I be logged on for the majority of my LA idle time. Definitely Rev

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

If by ‘maining’ a toon you mean which will I be logged on for the majority of my LA idle time. Definitely Rev

That’s all you do when playing the game? Eh, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

Totally swapping to Rev as my main. I love the theme and enjoy the way it plays.

Plus I’ve always wanted to play a heavy armour magic class, but didn’t really enjoy guardian.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

NapTooN.6283

Totally swapping to Rev as my main. I love the theme and enjoy the way it plays.

Plus I’ve always wanted to play a heavy armour magic class, but didn’t really enjoy guardian.

What about Warrior? They are the Masters of Magic:

• Poof your Health is gone!

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

If I even get HoT (which is still an if at this point, to be entirely honest), then I will almost certainly be switching my main to Revenant. At this point I regret picking Guardian as my main, because I’ve been pretty consistently disappointed with Anet’s “in a good place” attitude toward the class and their desire to frame balance around the class theme, instead of doing the opposite as they should be. And it certainly doesn’t help that they completely dropped the ball by giving us the dumbest, most uninteresting elite spec of them all, and then added insult to injury by giving us traps. It’s a sinking ship at this point, so off to the new one I go.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’m hoping that Revenant will become my go to character for dungeons and Fractals. I plan to continue with my Necro in WvW.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Ele is my main after I switched from my Ranger, who was the original main (100% quitting ranger, don’t even care what druid does, this class is just pathethic imo. I’ve poured my heart and time ranger, even got champion hunter title but anet is clueless with this class)

I don’t have a heavy armor class yet, I’m thinking rev will be it.

I look forward to maining rev since Ele’s tempest is trash and I’ve completed everything I wanted to on my ele…

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I’m hoping that Revenant will become my go to character for dungeons and Fractals. I plan to continue with my Necro in WvW.

Interesting, I’m actually on the oposite situation. I so want to main Reaper for dungeons and fractals but I loved Revenant for WvW

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Interesting, I’m actually on the oposite situation. I so want to main Reaper for dungeons and fractals but I loved Revenant for WvW

Cool. In my case, I tend to gear a bit on the defensive side, and go a bit more offensive with skill setups. With Revenant, I see a real opportunity to gear very aggressively while having good survivability via active defensives (evades, shield, & glint heal, e.g.) and to be able to support a party via a wide range of boons, while not being a liability damage-wise.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

There is a strong possibility.

I love my elementalist and the Tempest seems like it’d work well with a staff, which is my favorite ele weapon. My ele has been shelved for a quite a while because of how dominant daggers are in the ele meta and how hard it is to be a long ranged nuker, which is what I rolled it for way back when this game launched.

I love both my rangers and will likely continue to play them a lot, but you can only go so far with a ranger main currently due to the profession’s limits. Maybe druid will spice it up a bit.

But revanant is a thematic revival of my main from Guild Wars 1 the ritualist, and I absolutely loved everything about that profession. Even if it mechanically plays different the lore and themes are the same. If the revanant really resonates with me in terms of playstyle it may well become my main.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

There is a strong possibility.

I love my elementalist and the Tempest seems like it’d work well with a staff, which is my favorite ele weapon. My ele has been shelved for a quite a while because of how dominant daggers are in the ele meta and how hard it is to be a long ranged nuker, which is what I rolled it for way back when this game launched.

I love both my rangers and will likely continue to play them a lot, but you can only go so far with a ranger main currently due to the profession’s limits. Maybe druid will spice it up a bit.

But revanant is a thematic revival of my main from Guild Wars 1 the ritualist, and I absolutely loved everything about that profession. Even if it mechanically plays different the lore and themes are the same. If the revanant really resonates with me in terms of playstyle it may well become my main.

If you like long range nuker playstyle revenant is perfect for you! Go full zerker and your hammer will hit like a truck

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’ve had more fun with the Revenant than with any other class. It has the most unique theme. The best animations. The most interesting design. And a great flow.

I’m a Revenant main.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

My Revenant Salad shall be my main as soon as I can get it out the door.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I don’t main a class right now, I never have since this game launched. There are classes I don’t play and ones I play a lot, but I’ve never really mained one. When I first saw the revenant I decided the class looked amazing, when I first played the revenant, I thought “this one is it. I’ve found my main after three year.”

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

I’m strongly considering it. I’ve played a Guardian for 3 years and have a serious attachment to the class, but with every passing day it feels more and more like it’s lost touch with what it was and could have been thematically.

The issues with Dragonhunter have pushed me to the limits of my patience so if things don’t improve on that end dramatically, I’ll be welcoming a Rev into the fold as my new persona.

Gonna suck to need a name-change contract and total make-over kit (for the exclusives) to remake my desired character though. :/

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I’m definitely going to main a revenant. I like the playstyle a lot and I appreciate the lore bits behind the legends. I will still play other classes, namely thief and necro, but revenant will surely eat up most of my playtime.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I don’t really think in terms of mains. I have one I would choose if pressed, but the gap between the first and second is a lot smaller than between second and third, so I tend to think more in terms of tiers.

I could certainly see revenant coming in to the top tier, though. (As compared to the state it was in before it had weaponswap, where I was meh enough to it that without the various changes and additions it could well have ended up in bottom tier.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

I play everything, but I’ll definitely be focusing on Revenant for HoT launch.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’d certainly hope so! :p

I was about to scoff at the “everything” comment, but then I thought, that’s actually a good idea for balancing.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

the revenant feels like the class that was alweys missing, im so happy! 2 weels off ma my rev

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Hey guys,

So I haven’t looked into HOT much at all to be honest. I’ve seen a few vids of the elites and they look cool. my mains are Ranger and Warrior with Engineer for PvP only. I’m not liking warr or engi thus far hot wise, ranger I’m still waiting for… So I’m tempted to swap to revenant. He’ll I did it in MoP for monk and it worked out awesome!

So guys can I get a quick tl:dr on revenant so far? How’s it play? Fast, slow? Bursty, sustain? Support, damage? Is it generally a tweaked guardian or hm? Which races are looking good in the armour too? Majority of my classes are male asura with my warrior being male norse, not a fan of the females or charr.

Definitely looking to swap to Rev as my pure main in HoT though, ranger and warrior just don’t look appealing enough to me

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I was about to scoff at the “everything” comment, but then I thought, that’s actually a good idea for balancing.

Doesn’t everyone play every clas?

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

NapTooN.6283

nope. Instead of an Ele i Play a second Ranger, and i don’t have a Warrior that was not deleted.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Hard to say. Reserved 23rd and 26th from work because friend wanted me to so we could play. As such I will most likely start with my engineer + elite spec and when we are not playing together will TOK rev to 80, set his egar up and then maybe switch. Depends on engie elite spec too. I will probably have 2 mains at this point with possible focus on Rev later on due to being all new shiny.

That + been playing engie ever since first GW2 Closed Beta :P

Nope. I find most of them boring due to playing engineer. :P

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

it would be a shame if HoT hits and you would say “screw this kitten class i’ll play Dragonhunter” O_O

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: corwen.5798

corwen.5798

I’ve played thief since the very first day of GW2, I’m almost at 4k hours with that class. Since balancing has worked out so kittening awesome (god, Anet, why can’t u simply balance thief? Jesus, so disapointed…), I’m definitly gonna switch to rev.

I’ve already crafted a first set of ascended armor and all of the ascended weapons.

Rev Mains?

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Is there another class? So many rolls that can be filled… So much potential…

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP