Rev Matchup Spread

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: Wudtetsu.2069

Wudtetsu.2069

I know someone made a matchup spread for Rev a while ago, ranging from the weakest class against Rev to the strongest one. But its actually quite a while ago that was made and Rev changed alot since then and so did the other classes. So I wondered what you guys think which classes are a threat and which do rather bad against Rev?

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Mesmers, Warriors and Thieves are hardcounters.
Necros, Engineers and Guardians have clear advantage.
Eles and Rangers can end in a long fight but is slanted towards them.
You can always count on beating a Revenant… even with a Revenant.
Rev currently doesn’t have any favourable 1 vs 1.

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Revenant’s Slayer potential died long ago. It has no real advantages vs any class.

Stella Truth Seeker

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

This is my opinion speaking in terms of Spvp (let’s assume all classes are running meta)

Thief, Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, warrior > Revenant.

Don’t even bother trying to contest them at nodes if you’re solo.

Rev > Ele (assuming he’s running support of course)

Guardian and engi have an equal chance against Rev imo. Now that Guard’s f1 has been nerfed, it is possible to counter it, which makes it all the more possible for rev to win this scenario.

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It isn’t quite as kittenome people here are making it out to be but rev is definitly sub par for 1v1’s right now. Ele is the one class we still have a solid advantage over. We generally can’t solo kill them once they decide to run, but we can still decap them reliably in a reasonablish time, while not fearing them killing us. We still probably have advantage over scrapper but it is pretty close and takes a long time not to mention you are more susceptible to plus 1’s then they are. Necro in my experience is just who kills who fastest, and as a result is very dependent on how much life force they start with. Druid, you are definitly disadvantaged against, but not by too much, also you can stalemate a long time with defensive play. Everything else has a decisive advantage against you though dragon hunter will be a bit more manageable post patch since you can dodge spear if your reactions are quick enough.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

I think the main thing to note about Rev, is that right now it is intended solely for group play rather than pitching it against specific classes. It is a bad dueler, but when it comes to smaller scale fights, like 2v2, I believe Rev is a solid option.

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

with the current balance patch rev is the worste 1v1 class in all cases. if your not a rev and you see a rev alone your a total noob if you lose to him no matter how good he is. BUT if the enemy team has a rev and yours doesnt you better fight REALLY hard because revs are quickly becoming heroes of group fights. oh you bursted half that bunker guardians HP in 3 seconds by burning all your initiative and now your ranger is moving in for the kill? too bad rev just healed him to full health granted him protection reduced his cooldowns and is protecting him from projectiles. in a team fight unless you find a glass build enemy always kill the rev first their heals are unstoppable. isolate and pressure him or your team wont get a single kill. this isnt easy tho becuase they bunker almost as well as a guardian. mine consistently survives with near full health after being run over by a 40 man hammer train in WvW. but then again if a thief catches me alone trying to guard a yak i might as well be on a zerker staff ele because im gone plain and simple. there is no point even trying to fight back im a worthless piece of kitten 1v1 i could roll soldier build and be alrightish vs some classes but honestly whats the point?

Rev Matchup Spread

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Assuming equal conditions -true 1v1 hardcounters are Mes, Warrior, Thief. Those have huge class advantages.

Against the rest, Revenant can try the 1v1 and most of the times the better player will win. The issue with Revenant is, you get obliterated in seconds when situation changes to 2v1 – that’s the primary reason why Revenant is not a good solo class.

But remember – your role is not to 1v1. Do only if you must.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)