Rev assistance

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello All,

So I have been trying to dust off my rev in WvW and am using a build I saw a long time ago (and modded it a bit to my playstyle) but I seems there is a high skill level (lots of micromanaging…moreso than a thief).

I am running Staff (although may swap for hammer, not sure yet) and sword/axe (Love the CC/Teleporty of OH Axe and unrelenting assault

I feel like its like thief play (always moving and doing stuff) but with the addition of managing swapping legends to get some upkeep back.

The build I am using is: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFOFyOgFMhsfpMppNAFoBA-T1BFQBXUJIAeCAKU5HBOFAsb/BUo+TG0HQKAzUGB-w

I did see this on YT but changed it to fit my armor/stats and playstyle for traits

I just need help on how to play rev in general cause its a class I know I will like. This build also interested me in playing the class.

Any positive feedback will be appreciated

Thanks

TheRealMC

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Getting help with any character after the first year has been very hard.

I too would love some experienced Revs to share their play style or rotations.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I am running Staff (although may swap for hammer, not sure yet) and sword/axe (Love the CC/Teleporty of OH Axe and unrelenting assault

I’m not well versed when in regards to WvW but I’ll give it a shot since this quite like most sPvP builds.

Only swap to hammer for zergs. If you roam, stick to staff. The #3, #4 and #5 skills on it are quite invaluable. Staff #5 is possibly the most powerful weapon skill in the game when in the right hands. Learn how to aim it. It will always go to the direction your character is facing, not towards your target. But if you can’t pin down your target, don’t even use it. Weapons cd is much shorter than SotM cd.

Use Glint when moving around and for stacking buffs but when you enter a fight, quickly dispense your overturned facets, and swap to Shiro and S/A if you are on staff. Generally don’t use staff for AA but for when you need either blocks, CC or condi clears. Then you swap back to sword ASAP. Swap to Glint when you need to reset your energy, and for when you need more substantial healing.

Try to use the Glint healing when enemies can’t deny it to you such as when you have a ton of condis/when you are standing in DH traps. Use Shiro healing skill when around 50%-75% hp, or even at the very beginning of a fight, depending on if you are the attacker or not.

Use the Elite skills to pin down targets for your SotM. Personally I use Jade Winds more than Chaotic Release because it doesn’t throw back your target, it’s easier to use and it’s less likely to be interrupted based on experience. The downside is the energy cost, so make sure you have enough to pull off the combo.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I’m not well versed when in regards to WvW but I’ll give it a shot since this quite like most sPvP builds.

Only swap to hammer for zergs. If you roam, stick to staff. The #3, #4 and #5 skills on it are quite invaluable. Staff #5 is possibly the most powerful weapon skill in the game when in the right hands. Learn how to aim it. It will always go to the direction your character is facing, not towards your target. But if you can’t pin down your target, don’t even use it. Weapons cd is much shorter than SotM cd.

Use Glint when moving around and for stacking buffs but when you enter a fight, quickly dispense your overturned facets, and swap to Shiro and S/A if you are on staff. Generally don’t use staff for AA but for when you need either blocks, CC or condi clears. Then you swap back to sword ASAP. Swap to Glint when you need to reset your energy, and for when you need more substantial healing.

Try to use the Glint healing when enemies can’t deny it to you such as when you have a ton of condis/when you are standing in DH traps. Use Shiro healing skill when around 50%-75% hp, or even at the very beginning of a fight, depending on if you are the attacker or not.

Use the Elite skills to pin down targets for your SotM. Personally I use Jade Winds more than Chaotic Release because it doesn’t throw back your target, it’s easier to use and it’s less likely to be interrupted based on experience. The downside is the energy cost, so make sure you have enough to pull off the combo.

Great tips. I do like the sword/axe as shiro heal plus unrelenting assault is very good and the staff seems like a strong choice.

My main issue (among many) is micromanaging energy in the heat of a fight. Things may be going good for me, then when I need a skill I find i’m out of energy so when I swap (which is no problem) and keep going, I run out before my legend recharge is up and am like a sitting duck until it does.

I can thief/daredevil no prob with initiative but seems rev takes more skill to properly run (and thief is one of the harder ones to learn properly).

I love Glint (BOOOOOOONSSSSSSS!!!!) and shiro (teleport through walls YEA BOI). I don’t know if jalis may be better but I find shiro better suited for downing people (prob because jalis is more support-y)

I don’t like how shield heal thingy (crystal hibernation?) roots you so its a matter of timing aoe’s/dps bursts on me (couldn’t tell ya how many rev’s I downed where I know to save my burst until after they use this).

I tried condi but felt weak compared to condi mes/nec/engi

I will say that SR thieves hate me more now (staff 5 ftw)

Any more tips for a newb wvw rev?

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

If you don’t like how shield behaves, and are looking for alternatives to axe, you might as well give OH sword a try. It lacks the damage potential axe has but is certainly more offensive than the shield. It brings a block that doesn’t root you and you can cherry-pick targets out of a zerg and teleport them into your zerg. (which is hilarious when pulled off)

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Bigpapasmurf.5623

If you don’t like how shield behaves, and are looking for alternatives to axe, you might as well give OH sword a try. It lacks the damage potential axe has but is certainly more offensive than the shield. It brings a block that doesn’t root you and you can cherry-pick targets out of a zerg and teleport them into your zerg. (which is hilarious when pulled off)

Actually sounds fun,lol

Looks like I gotta be within 130 units to pull this off however. I Was looking at the sword as it does offer a block and the shadowstep thingy and pull them to me would be a good combo with swapping to staff and using staff 5 (with hydro sigil on staff)

I may try that (I find most ppl dodge the CC from axe anyway unles sthey are really focused on someone else or they are ressing)

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Actually sounds fun,lol

Looks like I gotta be within 130 units to pull this off however. I Was looking at the sword as it does offer a block and the shadowstep thingy and pull them to me would be a good combo with swapping to staff and using staff 5 (with hydro sigil on staff)

I may try that (I find most ppl dodge the CC from axe anyway unles sthey are really focused on someone else or they are ressing)

So possibly something close to this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFOFyOgFMhsdpMppNAFoBA-TlCFQBZQXgG0Cwu9HuoSQGcEAIwDAQhK/Qh6BA4UAkCVcIFQEjBA-w

Thoughts?

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

This is definitely a roaming build and I have zero experience with that. If you are looking for a Zerg build, I find this to be the most effective:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrklZlhNma2RNgCawO6r/G-TVhXAB1q+TzKBFd/BAU+9hugAAIAczbezbezbWKgM3CA-w

I know most would say go with Glint/Mallyx, but, Glint’s buffs aren’t as necessary when you have a ridiculous amount of boon duration with Wanderers, Gnashblade, Durability, etc. And Glint only has one stunbreak and cannot cleanse immob (I also don’t think Mallyx pain absorption’s resistance is working properly with immob either). Shiro allows you to basically camp Mallyx as the parties main condi-cleanser, and when you are starting to get focused by actual direct damage and they immobilize/etc., you can quickly swap to shiro and use Riposting Shadows. This has been so much more valuable than going Glint and just dying to the huge Blackgate blobs.

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Bigpapasmurf.5623

This is definitely a roaming build and I have zero experience with that. If you are looking for a Zerg build, I find this to be the most effective:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrklZlhNma2RNgCawO6r/G-TVhXAB1q+TzKBFd/BAU+9hugAAIAczbezbezbWKgM3CA-w

I know most would say go with Glint/Mallyx, but, Glint’s buffs aren’t as necessary when you have a ridiculous amount of boon duration with Wanderers, Gnashblade, Durability, etc. And Glint only has one stunbreak and cannot cleanse immob (I also don’t think Mallyx pain absorption’s resistance is working properly with immob either). Shiro allows you to basically camp Mallyx as the parties main condi-cleanser, and when you are starting to get focused by actual direct damage and they immobilize/etc., you can quickly swap to shiro and use Riposting Shadows. This has been so much more valuable than going Glint and just dying to the huge Blackgate blobs.

I typically do small scale, sometimes havoc/calvary driver when I have time to commit some time. Only time I ever join a blob (and when I do its always tagging along, not officially in the squad) is when they are going vs another blob in a nice war out in the open.

Rev assistance

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Little late here are some tips:

Staff 2 does a more damage then the auto attack if you get the second part of the chain. It’s worth to use this kill like precision strike if you have the energy.

Sword offhand 4 , staff 3 and UA allow for a lot of defense for escaping/stalling.

Hardening persistence is amazing. Almost every legend has an upkeep spell with attractive effects. Using them allow you to be tankier when needed to avoid taking damage in addition to often increasing your damage. 200 toughness(5 upkeep) can been anywhere from a 5-15% damage reduction depending at where your armor and toughness stats sit.

Hammer is really only good for zergs and fighting melee targets. Sword+x is the best weapon set for power, it should always be on your bar.

Take equliberium if your running invocation. The damage seems low, but an extra crit adds a lot of burst. Try and use this during UA, or between a skill combo.

Sword offhand and staff have a neat combo, sword 5 pulls the target with you. This skill perfectly aligns you with the target meaning if you were to swap to staff 5, you land all the knockbacks and damage of surge.

Legend swaps count as weapon swaps. Which means you get a lot of millage out of on swap sigils.

The three above, allow you to do a devastating combo.If you you Sword 5 pull, swap to shiro and then staff, use heal and staff 5 you delete people if your running invocation, and hyromancy+leeching sigils on staff.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.