#RevLivesMatter Q_______Q

in Revenant

Posted by: Exalted Quality.8534

Exalted Quality.8534

They didn’t even bother making the class name in bold font once release notes like all of the other 8 classes in the game…I’m surprised they didn’t make the font smaller too…

The Devs are going down a slippery slope with this so called balance. They have essentially taken a class with inherent inflexibility (utility skills bound to legend choice) and made it even more inflexible with this recent patch.

As a long time vet of the GW franchise, I can’t say I’m surprised. Through the years, there has been countless examples of limiting diversity and creativity and placing people in a box with limited builds that you must play to win. Both GW1 and GW2 had/have the potential to be incredibly dynamic games when it comes to build choice and synergy, but the Devs continue to disappoint. The endless Rev nerfs without providing any substantial buffs to counterbalance is just the most recent example of this sad history.

If anyone with any kind of influence reads this, don’t wait until the next patch to fix this. Find a way to balance the game without alienating everyone who plays a particular class. I will share my heavy gear between my Guardian and Warrior and hate life until you give me a reason to believe you aren’t discriminating against Revenants.

Follow me on Twitch!
http://twitch.tv/optimalquality

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It’s reaching a ridiculous level how NEGLECTED this class has been. I really wish someone from A.net would address this lingering insanely huge bug list that goes on and on.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Sorry but Revs will be a must pick on all pro teams for PvP. You will see great representation in the ranked season as well due to the insane damage output combined with the inherent survivability of the class.

Going on about these insignificant nerfs is bad form and ill advised.

As for the bug list that goes on and on….that’s every class.

It’s time for people to realize this is the Xpac class and significant nerfs on it won’t happen until the next class gets released.

in Revenant

Posted by: Exalted Quality.8534

Exalted Quality.8534

I don’t think Revs will be a very popular class in PvP in the upcoming season. They are chipping away at the inherant survivability you referenced every chance they get, and condis still eat them alive…I think they should’ve given Natrualistic Resonance some form of Resistance or Condi clear with the boon duration nerf…that would’ve been a fair trade-off.

No class has been bagged on as bad as Revs in all the most recent updates both minor and major.

Follow me on Twitch!
http://twitch.tv/optimalquality

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Sorry but Revs will be a must pick on all pro teams for PvP. You will see great representation in the ranked season as well due to the insane damage output combined with the inherent survivability of the class.

Going on about these insignificant nerfs is bad form and ill advised.

As for the bug list that goes on and on….that’s every class.

It’s time for people to realize this is the Xpac class and significant nerfs on it won’t happen until the next class gets released.

Well you may be happy to hear then. Pro team revs got less affected than non-meta revs. After all, retribution was rarely used over there.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

It won’t. Now that they lack access to stability on demand classes with instant interrupts like Mesmers will eat them alive, specially against classes that can interrupt from stealth. You will waste breakstuns doing nothing but trying to stand on foot while them whack you like a ragdoll.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

It won’t. Now that they lack access to stability on demand classes with instant interrupts like Mesmers will eat them alive, specially against classes that can interrupt from stealth. You will waste breakstuns doing nothing but trying to stand on foot while them whack you like a ragdoll.

I dont know him but i am sure that was pure sarcasm.

Problem with rev:
Tons of bugs
Pigeonholded to boonshare in pve.
Pigeonholded to shiro in pvp.
Extrem difficult to manage energy and cd sometimes.
Lacking build diversity.
Jalis can do what a regular tank can do but not as good.
Ventari is clunky and has no stunbreak (it kitten needs one, a stunbreak arround the tablet would be acceptable and fitting)
Shiro has no survability what so ever (give it a better base healing or stronger life steal)
Malyx was castrated in beta and needs its unique mechanic back.
Facet of nature should vary from legend to legend.

This things have to be considered from Anet, probably arent fixed yet because its a payload of wrongness that have to be fixed.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Still strongest class in the game

in Revenant

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

…only aginst Power Warriors.

in Revenant

Posted by: LeShock.4219

LeShock.4219

Feels :’)

in Revenant

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

…only aginst Power Warriors.

No?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

Y tho?
I’m kidding, the defensive perks built into half of their weapon skills and the 9K chilling medium-short ranged burst on a short cool down does it.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in Revenant

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

This really shows how clueless you are of high skill PvP play in general.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Revenant

Buran.3796

Do you even roam, bro? Because there’s at least half dozen of builds that will melt whathever configuration of Herald you chose, without even trying.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

Do you even roam, bro? Because there’s at least half dozen of builds that will melt whathever configuration of Herald you chose, without even trying.

The game isn’t balanced around “roaming” bro

in Revenant

Posted by: Jskiirawr.2473

Jskiirawr.2473

This game is balanced around nerfs duh, for great power, comes great nerfs

in Revenant

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

the game isnt balanced around pro league bro.

im bad at sarcasm

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Rip Rev. Getting the kittenin since beta. Guess il just go raid or something… oh wait

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

Actually it’s balanced around PvP bruh

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

All this QQ. Still best class in pvp. Still nowhere in the same bad state as thieves and wars were in s1. Still stupidly OP compared to core builds.

Where were you all when thieves and wars were deleted for the sake of revs? Rrrright, riding the bandwagon.

Oh noes you got bugs? Guess what – every single other class has game breaking bugs that have been ignored FOR YEARS.

Go play vanilla classes with core builds for couple weeks – maybe then you will realize how good revs have it.

in Revenant

Buran.3796

The game isn’t balanced. The prohibition of stacking class after that month in the ESL (a year ago) in which a team with 4 eles and a thief trampled every opposition is a recognition of the inability of the developer to balance the game. If the classes were balanced stacking the same ones wouldn’t lead to any advantage over a mixed team composition. So the game isn’t balanced around anything, period.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

The game isn’t balanced. The prohibition of stacking class after that month in the ESL (a year ago) in which a team with 4 eles and a thief trampled every opposition is a recognition of the inability of the developer to balance the game. If the classes were balanced stacking the same ones wouldn’t lead to any advantage over a mixed team composition. So the game isn’t balanced around anything, period.

The no stacking rule came into being after S1 in pro league. I think S2 might even have had the ability to stack classes.

Revs have always been Best In Slot for PvP DPS. The only reason you aren’t seeing 4 Revs in every game of pro league is b/c the rules do not allow it.

And yes the game has ALWAYS been balanced around PvP. Devs said it multiple times. Now do I think they’ve achieved balance….kitten no, but it doesn’t mean they don’t try to balance for PvP.