Revenant: Better Lifesteal Necro than Necro

in Revenant

Posted by: CronicDemise.4635

CronicDemise.4635

300+ lifesteal on a 1 second ICD? THAT is the lifesteal ish we need on necro.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I’m pretty sure necro has way more if you don’t factor the Life Force. Shroud = extra HP
Edit: and Revenant requires flanking, soooo… no.
And I seriously doubt people are going to get it over the other 2 traits.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

it also has a flanking requirement.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I’m pretty sure necro has way more if you don’t factor the Life Force. Shroud = extra HP
Edit: and Revenant requires flanking, soooo… no.
And I seriously doubt people are going to get it over the other 2 traits.

Aaand this is the biggest lie since the beginning of this game.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Revenant

Posted by: CronicDemise.4635

CronicDemise.4635

You’re right, I forgot about the flank requirement. Skill 3 on sword could play into this well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Signet of Vampirism + Blood Minor Trait 1 + Lesser Signet of Vampirism (Blood Adept Trait) + Vampiric Aura (Blood Master trait) + Well Life Siphon (Blood GM trait)

No, Revenant has less access to life-steal than a Necromancer. Vampiric Aura and the Blood Minor are what they share. Enchanted Daggers is good better at solo while the two Signets are better for group (plus with signet mastery, those can remove boons and add might). Then add in the Protection from the wells, plus the life-steal from the wells…then add in the life-steal going on if they are damage wells.

So no, Necro has better Life-steal and more of it.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Revenant

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m sure the numbers aren’t final yet.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Revenant

Sigmoid.7082

Its a decent choice:
Damage/execution
Increased Interruption
Sustain

in Revenant

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Shiro Legend doesn’t have a direct healing skill, instead it is a life steal heal. Also, The other Legends have crap healing because it was balanced with Revs using two healing at the same time.

Rev need that life steal.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

You’re right, I forgot about the flank requirement. Skill 3 on sword could play into this well.

only 1 skill and with a long cooldown. Also the flanking there is pretty random.

Don’t over react guys.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Already necros are complaining. -_-

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

As a necro main I’m fine with revenant having good life steal opportunities. The ICD really balances it, meanwhile necro life steal lacks an ICD outside of the signet heal, which just needs the ICD to be pertarget to better withstand focus fire.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Currently Shiro seems to have amazing DPS, but no party support at all, hopefully Glint will offer that and then Rev will be a really good class.
Just DPS and no support makes you look like a ranger or necro (PvE-wise)

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Revenant

Sigmoid.7082

not fussed because they cant take it with the +20% damage trait like necro can. From what i see rev still lacks damage mods. Necro also still has a higher life steal potential on it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

not fussed because they cant take it with the +20% damage trait like necro can. From what i see rev still lacks damage mods. Necro also still has a higher life steal potential on it.

What plus 20% damage trait? You mean Close to death? No, revenant has Swift Determination which is the exact same trait. Oh, and aoe Ferocity.

in Revenant

Fade.1743

But that trait shares a slot with their huge lifesteal. And AoE Ferocity competes with skill speed boost.

Of course in PvE, it’s going to be take AoE Ferocity in a group unless another rev is doing it.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Isn’t Rabid Laceration basically a 10% damage boost?

in Revenant

Lily.1935

But that trait shares a slot with their huge lifesteal. And AoE Ferocity competes with skill speed boost.

Of course in PvE, it’s going to be take AoE Ferocity in a group unless another rev is doing it.

they still get life steal outside of that trait. They have a heal and one of the minor traits steals life.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Actually, Shiro’s healing skill is almost non-existant, so Revenant will need every bit of healz. I don’t mind them getting Life Siphon.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Sigmoid.7082

What plus 20% damage trait? You mean Close to death? No, revenant has Swift Determination which is the exact same trait. Oh, and aoe Ferocity.

They cant take the life steal GM and the +20% damage GM because they are both exactly that, GM traits. Its either one or the other. My point was necro can take all their siphons as well as their 20% damage trait.

We also dont know if the daggers from the heal can be evaded , blocked,blinded etc as counter play. We know they will have 1200 range so who knows if they are projectiles or not. Overall they wont siphon up as much as i believe a necro will be able to.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Revenant

Lily.1935

Actually, Shiro’s healing skill is almost non-existant, so Revenant will need every bit of healz. I don’t mind them getting Life Siphon.

that heal heals for 6,488 in total. That’s a very sizable heal.

in Revenant

Fade.1743

they still get life steal outside of that trait. They have a heal and one of the minor traits steals life.

One that’s nearly equivalent to the Necromancer Blood minor. The only difference is that revenant can only get that life steal if their target has vuln on them. Otherwise, they don’t get it.

Also, on your comment about the strength of Enchanted Daggers. Yes, it’s strong, but it takes a minimum of 6 seconds to get that full health back as the daggers have an ICD of 1 second. So, it’s a great Heal over Time Effect, but it can’t defend against burst damage.

in Revenant

Lily.1935

One that’s nearly equivalent to the Necromancer Blood minor. The only difference is that revenant can only get that life steal if their target has vuln on them. Otherwise, they don’t get it.

Also, on your comment about the strength of Enchanted Daggers. Yes, it’s strong, but it takes a minimum of 6 seconds to get that full health back as the daggers have an ICD of 1 second. So, it’s a great Heal over Time Effect, but it can’t defend against burst damage.

Keeping valn on someone honestly shouldn’t be hard at all. Especially seeing as your auto attack with sword applies Valn. And thats true, the ICD does hurt that skill allot. Its base heal might need to be raised and the life stealing lowered then if it becomes a problem. But the trait is about 55 healing with about 60 damage while the necromancer’s, if you take both in blood is about 60 healing and 80 damage. Which isn’t a terribly big difference. Plus the Revenant gets impossible odds.