Revenant Changes

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

These just come to my mind real quick

Still missing protection on Dwarf Stance
Stability road still wonky on dwarf stance (takes long for first stack to proc)
Tablet still not cast upon switch
Hammer still puts a (too thin?) wall too far in front of you
Heal skills still lacking identity on mallyx / dwarf
Too hard to maintain meaningful conditions on you to copy with mallyx
Resistance / blind not addressed

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

That was mostly damage buffs which were needed. Like really reaaaally needed. Main issues left untouched still. Guess ill make my guard main as if thats the direction rev has to follow then im gonna say no thanks..ill pass

So what if hammer got damage buffs if you never land it?

Staff got major buffs and can be used in a offensive way now, but the selfroot on 4 wasnt adressed at all. Punishing Sweep still hopeless.

Hey warrior, cast eviscrate into my face, i will cast punishing sweep so maybe i will get a chance to put a short weakness on you. No dont worry, my debilitating slam has 1 sec long animation time so you can dodge it out without any problems.

Warrior dodges, revenant says “i mist”. Warrior answers; put that bloody blindfold down. A rate of 3/10 is actually quite high id say.

obey me

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Yeah, Jalis should have a way to clear condis, or we are forced to run Mallyx on every build. Ventari tablet is too slow (switch, summon, use skill).

Jalis Heal cleanses conditions…

…and actually, Mallyx has no condition cleanse, just stacking resistance.

EDIT: In fact, Jalis and Ventari are the only two legends with universal condi cleanse. Shiro is movement-impairing conditions only and Mallyx just stacks resistance (okay vs. an engi, catastrophic vs. a condi necro or mes)

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Mech.6579

Mech.6579

These just come to my mind real quick

Still missing protection on Dwarf Stance
Stability road still wonky on dwarf stance (takes long for first stack to proc)
Tablet still not cast upon switch
Hammer still puts a (too thin?) wall too far in front of you
Heal skills still lacking identity on mallyx / dwarf
Too hard to maintain meaningful conditions on you to copy with mallyx
Resistance / blind not addressed

You know just thinking about it tablet initial cast could also be a heal/condi cleanse type thing to make up for you not getting it initially.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Falchoin.6152

Falchoin.6152

Unless I’m missing something but isn’t the point of Mallyx tanking conditions and copying those conditions to your enemies? Why make it more difficult to maintain conditions on yourself for the extra effects of his utilities? Wouldn’t it have made more sense to proliferate (or extend) the resistance boon options instead?

I like the sound of the other changes though! Will have to test to know for sure.

Oh, and what about a ranged condi weapon option?

Taking and copying is more of a necro thing, on the other hand mallyx seems more like a take and increase damage output from taking them.

Eh… necro is about transferring conditions from self/allies and then to enemies. Mallyx I thought was taking condtions (or applying them to himself) and copying them to enemies. The distinction is Mallyx copies his existing conditions to enemies instead of giving them away. Without better access to the resistance boon however, the playstyle is self destructive.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

Weapon swap has been added.

That’s all I needed. Now where’s that pre-purchase page…

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

Yeah, Jalis should have a way to clear condis, or we are forced to run Mallyx on every build. Ventari tablet is too slow (switch, summon, use skill).

Both Jalis and Ventari has condi cleanses. Mallyx is more about condi mitigation

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

So what if hammer got damage buffs if you never land it?

I think Phase Smash should apply a 2 sec immobilize when it lands, so you can reliably combo it with Drop the Hammer followed by Coalescence of Ruin for some nice burst. Right now everyone can dodge Drop the Hammer efortlessly and therefore hammer pressure plumets.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Jiyu.8310

Jiyu.8310

We also lacked damage multipliers on the profession, so we’re taking this chance to remake the first two minor traits to help add more damage output options.

• Swirling Mists: This trait has been removed and replaced with Invoker’s Rage.
    • Invoker’s Rage: Gain 5 seconds of fury when you invoke a legend.
  • Revitalizing Breath: This trait has been removed and replaced with Ferocious Aggression.
    • Ferocious Aggression: Gain 7% increased damage while under the effects of fury.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Why are you doing this? Swirling Mists mechanic was absolutely awesome and unique, just needed little ICD reduction and more visible orbs!

Those were actually my favourite Revenant’s traits and they had good flow and theme with Invocation line ;(
….

I personally like that they added a damage modifier but I am concerned about this aswell, because Revenants just lost more of their already lackluster survivability.
These 2 removed traits could probably get put into 1 trait and replace 1 of the current invocation adept traits or even made baseline.

The revenant needs more not less survivability since it doesnt look like we are gonna get much active defense for them.

Kranox – More Guns Than Roses [GnR]

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think you should lower the hammer skills casting time

It’s ok a low swing time but Casting time are really too high.

0.5 on taunt is a nice reduction but the entire weapon set is really too low.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

We also lacked damage multipliers on the profession, so we’re taking this chance to remake the first two minor traits to help add more damage output options.

• Revitalizing Breath: This trait has been removed and replaced with Ferocious Aggression.
    • Ferocious Aggression: Gain 7% increased damage while under the effects of fury.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Why are you doing this? Swirling Mists mechanic was absolutely awesome and unique, just needed little ICD reduction and more visible orbs!

Those were actually my favourite Revenant’s traits and they had good flow and theme with Invocation line ;(
….

I personally like that they added a damage modifier but I am concerned about this aswell, because Revenants just lost more of their already lackluster survivability.
These 2 removed traits could probably get put into 1 trait and replace 1 of the current invocation adept traits or even made baseline.

The revenant needs more not less survivability since it doesnt look like we are gonna get much active defense for them.

I think those were the traits that were breaking Skill Queues for Revenants, so that’s why they were changed/removed.

…as to why they didn’t just fix it in a way that keeps those traits, I think they mentioned that the bug itself is one of those “simple” fixes that would actually take several months of coding to get right.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

Unless I’m missing something but isn’t the point of Mallyx tanking conditions and copying those conditions to your enemies? Why make it more difficult to maintain conditions on yourself for the extra effects of his utilities? Wouldn’t it have made more sense to proliferate (or extend) the resistance boon options instead?

I like the sound of the other changes though! Will have to test to know for sure.

Oh, and what about a ranged condi weapon option?

Taking and copying is more of a necro thing, on the other hand mallyx seems more like a take and increase damage output from taking them.

Eh… necro is about transferring conditions from self/allies and then to enemies. Mallyx I thought was taking condtions (or applying them to himself) and copying them to enemies. The distinction is Mallyx copies his existing conditions to enemies instead of giving them away. Without better access to the resistance boon however, the playstyle is self destructive.

But mallyx can also transfer conditions from allies to self as well. Mallyx is just overall doing better at transfering taking and using self afflicted conditions than necro does. Which is sort of sad.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

EDIT: In fact, Jalis and Ventari are the only two legends with universal condi cleanse. Shiro is movement-impairing conditions only and Mallyx just stacks resistance (okay vs. an engi, catastrophic vs. a condi necro or mes)

I’ve found it to be nowhere near enough condi cleansing. You can’t feel tanky on Jalis if all a condi user has to do is do some condi overload on you after you heal, which can also be easily interrupted. I don’t know, maybe non Ventari Revenants are supposed to be weak against conditions, like non HGH full elixir Engineers.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

Invocation
There was an issue found in using instant skills after a skill completed, causing the next skill queued to cancel. That meant that whenever you had the invocation specialization line equipped, your skill queue would not work. We also lacked damage multipliers on the profession, so we’re taking this chance to remake the first two minor traits to help add more damage output options.

• Empty Vessel: Since invoking legends is now instant by default, this trait has been modified to make invoking a legend a stun breaker.

question / suggestion

1) now that half of Empty Vessel’s functionality has been made baseline, and
2) empty vessel is the GM minor trait in the class mechanic specialization line, and
3) all the core classes’s classs-mechanic spec improves the class mechanic (via cooldowns, etc)

please consider adding the following to the Empty Vessel trait:
~reduces cooldown of Legend Stance Swapping by 20%

in other words, please let us swap legends a couple seconds sooner if we spec into Invokations?

thanks for all the awesome changes! and for the shiro legend, and dual swords, and devestation spec! and thanks for considering our feedback!

– The Baconnaire

(edited by Forgotten Legend.9281)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

I’ve found it to be nowhere near enough condi cleansing. You can’t feel tanky on Jalis if all a condi user has to do is do some condi overload on you after you heal, which can also be easily interrupted. I don’t know, maybe non Ventari Revenants are supposed to be weak against conditions, like non HGH full elixir Engineers.

There is also the problem that you don’t’ feel very tanky on Jalis anyways.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Kakapo.5230

Kakapo.5230

Thank you for showing us the exact numbers and the reasoning behind them. Thorough posts like that makes progress much more apparent to ordinary players.

I hope more game mechanics and/or class changes will get a detailed post like this one.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Yoru.2687

Yoru.2687

could weapon swap on legend swap be a thing? I think it would be more inline with the flavor of the Revenant^^. ( I mean that when you change legends you also change weapons → Legend 1 connected to weaponslotset 1 and legend 2 conected to weapnslotset 2)

Commander Atila Noon [GDA]
Amber Wurm is best Wurm <3

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Thank you for adding weapon swap. It was the obvious thing to do, and I appreciate your sense in adding it, showing the reason why you are paid professional game designers, and the people on this forum are not.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Please consider the following:

- Increasing the speed of Hammer auto attack. As Rev’s ONLY range weapon it just feels SO slow.

- Add blast finisher to Staff #4.

- Make Ventari tablet auto summon upon legend swap

- The trait that grants Fury when using a heal skill would not activate when you used the skill to summon the tablet, only the skill to move it.

- Increase movement speed of tablet when using Ventari’s Will

- Please do SOMETHING with Jalis hammer utility. It’s simply awful and not good enough yet. Give us something more Tanky or cause it to apply chill/slow/cripple/something on hit, increase the range.. SOMETHING.

(edited by cocowoushi.7150)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

Forced engagement would be cool if it also applied protection and might make it worth its horrible energy cost.

(edited by Mech.6579)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

SWEET!!! much needed

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

These all sound great. I’m not a good enough number cruncher to know whether they will actually be enough to feel great, but I’m optimistic.

At present, my plan is to run maybe S/S and Staff Shiro/Jallis, or perhaps S/A M/S Shiro/Mallyx.

Either way, I like that damage is improving on things like Staff, but I’d really like to see more versatility added to the weapons so that they don’t seem so directly tied to a single Legend’s perks (ie all weapons should get some healing when in Ventari state, or some solid Condi procs when in Mallyx state, etc.).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

These all sound great. I’m not a good enough number cruncher to know whether they will actually be enough to feel great, but I’m optimistic.

At present, my plan is to run maybe S/S and Staff Shiro/Jallis, or perhaps S/A M/S Shiro/Mallyx.

Either way, I like that damage is improving on things like Staff, but I’d really like to see more versatility added to the weapons so that they don’t seem so directly tied to a single Legend’s perks (ie all weapons should get some healing when in Ventari state, or some solid Condi procs when in Mallyx state, etc.).

Im very interested in testing these changes in dungeons. I mean if i don’t get kicked for being a revenant.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I really wanted something to complain about and Revenant gave me a reason to do just that. Now you are releasing information like this… Guess I’ll find something else to complain about.

I’m really looking forward to testing it out again. Maybe this weekend?

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

question / suggestion

2) empty vessel is the GM minor trait in the class mechanic specialization line, and
3) all the core classes’s classs-mechanic spec improves the class mechanic (via cooldowns, etc)

in other words, please let us swap legends a couple seconds sooner if we spec into Invokations?

I like this suggestion. Anet, make it happen.

Overall a few tweaks. Ventari’s will should probably just be instant instead of having a cast time. It would also be nice if we had the tablet summons upon switching to ventari. Jalis skills could use some more survivability. This is supposed to be a more tanky stance as you’ve noted several times Anet, but it lacks this so far.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

question / suggestion

I like this suggestion. Anet, make it happen.

Overall a few tweaks. Ventari’s will should probably just be instant instead of having a cast time. It would also be nice if we had the tablet summons upon switching to ventari. Jalis skills could use some more survivability. This is supposed to be a more tanky stance as you’ve noted several times Anet, but it lacks this so far.

Forced engagement- also applies protection?

vengeful hammers- applies some sort of cripple, chill, slow, weakness?

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Mangelware.5193

Mangelware.5193

" […]and self-applied conditions will be changed to no longer use your condition duration so they feel less punishing."
Yo, necromancer here. Not much else left to say.

[Re] Rerolled
Lil Trouble Corro
Asura Necromancer

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

" […]and self-applied conditions will be changed to no longer use your condition duration so they feel less punishing."
Yo, necromancer here. Not much else left to say.

I know mallyx is just giving you the middle finger.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Miykael.9647

Miykael.9647

consider creating more utility skills for each legend(and maybe another heal and elite for each one) , this would make a great impact on versatility and diversity of builds , in cluding better adaptation to a large variety of situations .

Also , i feel like the revenant would fall in line with classes like the necromancer which in dungeons/fractals does not have support potential like other professions , such as reflects, offensive boon stacking, defensive boons . Or at least it should have some form of unique support similar (preferably better) to ranger (spotter and frost spirit ) . Then again access to more swiftness or some ooc/disengage mobility options would be great .

And by the way the new changes are looking good , nice to see the devs working with feedback from the community , keep up the good job !

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What I’d like to know is why the Revenant seems set up to combine all the “cool” elements of classes, as far as gameplay goes? It’s essentially a Warrior-Thief with Mesmer-like trickery and flashiness.

I mean I get it, is the new, the “v2.0”, the “we could do so much better if we re-did it all now”-class.
But… this can be done to the existent classes. Reading through the skills and traits, I keep thinking “Oh this would be good on…” and “This would fit … so well!”. It reads like a wish list of other classes, rolled into a new one. :s

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Now that we have weapon swap, we need a trait that works with it! How about this?

• [Invocation Line] Stowed Energy: For x seconds after swapping weapons, your weapon skills generate energy instead of consuming it.
I should be writing.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Jiyu.8310

Jiyu.8310

A few thoughts I had with our current state of knowledge concerning the Revenant:

Hammer:
The increase in damage for the weapon is nice but it sorely lacks any way to defend urself vs melee dps specs.
So how about:
Hammer #3 now leaves behind a rune on impact which can be activated within 3 seconds to shadowstep the revenant to the location of the rune.
(The teleport skill would cost 10 energy,have 1/2s cast time and 15s ICD)
or
When teleporting back to your original location with Hammer#3 u displace enemies in a 180 radius of it.

Ventari Legend:
Currently borderline useless for pvp even with increased modifiers, most of which comes down to it feeling insanly clunky to use.
Things that could help to make it less clunky gameplay wise:
1. either summon the tablet autmatically on swapping to ventari or make “Project Tranquility” instant.
2. remove the cast-time from “Ventari’s Will” (this NEEDS to happen so ventari can actually see some play in pvp and not be horrible)

Devastation Traitline:
“Focused Siphoning” feels really weak and unimpactfull for a grandmaster minor trait which brought to the following thought.
Combine “Focused Siphoning” and “Assassin’s Annihilation” into 1 trait.
The new trait would be:
Siphon life from foes that u strike, you siphon more life from foes when hitting them from behind or the side.
Life Siphon Damage: 110
Life Siphon Healing: 100
Life Siphon Damage(Behind/Side): 346
Life Siphon: 306
1s internal cooldown
[numbers based on the setup we saw in the livestream]

Grandmaster Minor: (new) “Assassin’s agility” (emphasizing the theme of swiftness in both attacks and movement for this legend)
1. Move faster while dual-wielding (25%)
or
2. Gain Swiftness when striking a foe below 50% (10sec of swiftness, 10s ICD)

There is still the issue of survivability for the Revenant but I beleive some of these points could already improve the feel of the rev quite a bit.

Kranox – More Guns Than Roses [GnR]

(edited by Jiyu.8310)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Here’s are my thoughts
sword/sword shiro
Weapon Skills
.#1 i love it
.#2 it should be on *Hit a foe and aplay aoe chill in that skill’s way
.#3 i think its awesome but if i can hit 1 foe 7 times and he cant do a think about it is kinda OP
wen a warrior uses endure pain for a few sec he can do what ever he want but the cooldown is big, in here the cooldown is like 10 sec, while typeing it i realized, just increese the cooldown if its too strong
.#4 love it tho wen the rev blocks there is a Aiges shield infront of it i expected some misty effect
.#5awesome
.#6 awesome
.#7 and #8 same opinion as about #3 maybe increese the cost its only 20
.#9 AWESOME! but again its kinda op, why not just make our actions cost 5-10 energy and make them faster its abit of a nerf but! if you give the skill Vigor the same way you give it quickness right now, it could be alot better by balance
.#10thief’s basilisk venom is 1.5 sec on hit with trait could be 3 sec and its once per 90 sec
rev’s elite i can stun for 3 sec 5 foes around me without even touching them
Traits
Rapid Lacerations – does it effects if i have an offhand sword aswell?
Jade Echo – even if im downed and im fighting only 1 person and the elite doesnt helps me much, to use an Elite on down state is too much
Ferocious Strike – its eaither dmg with shiro swords or condi mace – majority will play mace for condi and this is what this weapon is for so this trait is kinda only aimed for Swords users
I SAY *gain +150 Ferocity ONLY while under effect of might that way i could also use it with the elite’s spec weapon and hammer even staff and mace
about the weapon swap i dont like it but seeing as u dont wana add another 6 utilities to each Legend i guess another weapon will do
everything els is fantastic! every 1 is going to play revenant!

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: titoroco.8049

titoroco.8049

Coalescence of Ruin:
Increased the first tier of damage by 25%.
Increased the second tier of damage by 17%.
Increased the third tier of damage by 12.5%.

is nice that you increase the damage, but still is leave not good option vs meele range when someone attack you, as in example the mesmer gratsword you can push enemy back with gs#5 , it can be a good idea that the first hit of hammer#2 and maybe second hit as well can push back enemy giving the idea of a big animation of dmg and how is the animation itself.

also the leap of the mist thing attack from hammer should be a leap with less range

Ark – Strado (guardian)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

All this “balancing” announcements strike me as a major marketing move. So many things completely buffed as high as possible, it seems they released revenants in betas already screwed to the ground to come at us later claiming they’ve fixed/balanced it, and they simply buff the hell out of the skills. So much convenient to believe these damage coefficients weren’t meant to be like this since the beginning. IMO balancing will happen AFTER release, before that I’ll just sit and wait.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Mech.6579

All this “balancing” announcements strike me as a major marketing move. So many things completely buffed as high as possible, it seems they released revenants in betas already screwed to the ground to come at us later claiming they’ve fixed/balanced it, and they simply buff the hell out of the skills. So much convenient to believe these damage coefficients weren’t meant to be like this since the beginning. IMO balancing will happen AFTER release, before that I’ll just sit and wait.

Yeah and im sure they were totally going to add weapon swapping later without any community input as well.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Not trying to make revs hax op or anything and I know they are utility skills oriented as opposed to the other classes, but really now, it feels like equipping a warrior with a rifle all day long, all through out a dungeon, all through out a PvP match, imagine that, without the ability to weapon swap. Also if it gets too op, maybe bind the weapons to the legends, ie. first weapon set goes to the first legend and the second weapon set goes to the second legend.

Plus they have the lowest number of available skills in battle, even though they have access to 2 elites, even though warriors technically only have 17 skills minimum. Still, it kinda feels unnatural and lacking.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Unpopular opinion but I think weapon swap was a bad idea and will encourage players NOT to swam legendary stances. Just because we are used to swapping our weapons but not our utilities. That said, given how closely aligned weapons seems to be to legends, it probably was inevitable. I guess I’ll wait until next beta weekend to see how it plays.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

Love the changes, can’t wait to play Revenant again in an upcoming beta weekend which will hopefully happen SOON because I’m going to test the kitten out of that new Shiro legend. Thanks again Roy for all your strong work on this! \o/

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I still think revenant needs a way to avoid direct damage, as for example making staff #5 avoid all damage while casting, and maybe also with hammer #2… I think sword #3 is just too long in order to make it also avoid damage, but is not a bad idea all in all…

M I L K B O I S

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

there we go…. now it looks more like the class i was hoping it to be. I only hope the build diversity isnt gonna suffer as extreme as i expect it to do. I mean sure… there isnt much to work with in terms of combinations anyways… but still. Oh well for now i just gonna say thanks for actually listening and really working with the community. Keep it coming.. the rev went from spoiled can food to tasty dinner real fast….maybe you guys get it up to 5 star menu at the end… and if not.. its still (for sure) 100 times more fun to play then last week

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Roy, please, give us clarification on sword skill 3 if it has evade/invulnerability.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

Man. Roy’s our Boy. I am thoroughly enjoying all of the communication you are doing with the community. This is what I want to see from my game developers. Maybe the smaller community here helps with this though.

I pre-ordered the game (HoT) right before this info dropped and as someone who got the game Year 1 Month 1, I have to ask myself “Why did I stop playing this game?”

Oh yeah. Real life. Heh. But enough blanket praise… I hope to do my part come the next Beta Weekend. I think as a casual player of GW2, I hope I can offer some input as well.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’d like clarification on whether you can move while using the offhand sword block. Please make this happen. The ranger GS block sucks because you are locked in place, you don’t want the same thing on revenant. This is supposed to be a high in-combat mobility class according to you guys, so having a skill that locks you down seems counter to this.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Roy, please, give us clarification on sword skill 3 if it has evade/invulnerability.

Currently Unrelenting Assault does not evade or make you invulnerable.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Lets do it, with that and Hammer #3! Make us proud, friend! (Evade, no invuln. Please no invuln.)

If you really must, add 2 more seconds of CD to both to balance it out, but it’d be incredibly more valuable as a skill if it was the Revenant’s version of blurred Frenzy, which they could use right now!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Lets do it, with that and Hammer #3! Make us proud, friend! (Evade, no invuln. Please no invuln.)

If you really must, add 2 more seconds of CD to both to balance it out, but it’d be incredibly more valuable as a skill if it was the Revenant’s version of blurred Frenzy, which they could use right now!

And staff 5 man. Staff 5 should evade too.

obey me

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

And staff 5 man. Staff 5 should evade too.

Oh. Yeah… I stopped using staff when the only skill i enjoyed on it would get interrupted 1/4 of a second after I used it and hit a full CD. Only reason I didn’t bring it up is that Staff 5 is “technically” pretty good, all except that its too easy to mess up. Where as Phase Smash and this attack don’t serve much of a greater purpose atm, and DPS players REALLY need some active defenses.

I’m VERY glad they upped the damage, and it was an issue, but their “sitting duck” syndrome is also very real. I hope this is looked at next.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Sword seems strong at the moment, staff #5 is strong, and using hammer #3 as an evade would be weird. :P I wouldn’t mind, however, if staff #2 (first hit) had an evade – it WOULD make sense in that context.

Revenant Changes

in Revenant

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.
First, revenant was laughable weak before. I tried all semi viable necro builds against it, even stood still often and just tried to find a scenario where revenant would either win, or live long enough to be a worthy bunker/support.
The conclusion was maaaybe with buffs it could be a bad 2nd bunker.

But now, GREAT BUFFS, they were needed. Look forward to test again.
Some concerns:

• weapon skill were introduced with lower CD exactly because no swapping. I also trust in faster casts, so please keep them balanced, maybe with energy – We dont want another Engie rifle#4
  • Shiro#7 , how spammable the stunbreak evade is?
  • Condi overload , i know everything needs a weakness, it just seems that you can often pressure the revenant into his defensive legend/set , and having free damage on him for next 10s

I do have necro salt however, basicaly perma vulnerabilty for higher normal hit siphons than necro with 2x traits (yes i know the math and that you do go higher with wells signets aoes, just saying it was a “uh sigh” moment.)
And Elite Jade 3s stun being a steroid version of previewed necro elite shout (scrap the cast shout on all but elite and lower CDs significantly please, also traited could be 15%+5+5+5… reduction not 7+7+7 for more constant scaling).
Sorry for derail but this thread is probably hotter than necro subforum

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/