Revenant Healer and Tank PVE!

in Revenant

Posted by: lagrimabendita.8763

lagrimabendita.8763

Hello there

I am wondering if it is possible to play as support/healer with the Revenant (PVE)? I would liket to fine something different thant the current Druid (I know he is OP, but I really want to play something different keepeing a similar role)

Second question, is it possible to play as Tank (PVE)?

Thanks

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

technically you can do both at the same time WHILE also bringing alacrity. I have a build for that. But it would require so much technical skill it’s kinda mindwrecking for raids.

You’d have to keep up with the boss mechanics while keeping your allies alive while also making sure you manage your energy to provide alacrity

in Revenant

Posted by: lagrimabendita.8763

lagrimabendita.8763

but are they a good alternative option?

I would like to come back in the new expansion and I am between Revenant as healer, or The new guardian class as healer (if it finally is a real option) or the new Necro class, it looks amazin, shilds for everyone!

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

but are they a good alternative option?

I would like to come back in the new expansion and I am between Revenant as healer, or The new guardian class as healer (if it finally is a real option) or the new Necro class, it looks amazin, shilds for everyone!

Well we don’t have enough info on the new elite spec to know if it’ll be able to be a healer, although the heal skill is aoe and it also has a lifesteal elite, so you never know

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

If you go glint/vent and all the gear/traits for healing you actually do quite well. You give a regeneration tick of 500+ to all allies (not to mention the other boons you are applying). And the ventari heal spam is good. Druid still wins out a bit in the spike heals but with 500-600 regen per tick from just standing there … not too shabby.

Although if you are wanting the new spec for healing I suspect it will be a condi based one. Shortbow at least is condi based on leaks etc.

(edited by Kronos.2560)

in Revenant

Posted by: SharkBall.5829

SharkBall.5829

If you go glint/vent and all the gear/traits for healing you actually do quite well. You give a regeneration tick of 500+ to all allies (not to mention the other boons you are applying). And the ventari heal spam is good. Druid still wins out a bit in the spike heals but with 500-600 regen per tick from just standing there … not too shabby.

Although if you are wanting the new spec for healing I suspect it will be a condi based one. Shortbow at least is condi based on leaks etc.

Trouble is that your regen ticks won’t matter, cause any boonsharing Chrono will overwrite it. The regen with the longest duration is the one that “works”, not the one with the highest per-tick heal.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

If you’re talking about the “perfect group” with all the boons etc then yes I agree. But if it is a perfect group there isn’t typically a revenant in it. At least personally I lfg random groups a lot and very very rarely have someone overwriting my regen ticks. Although it does happen from time to time. At least in talking about the typical pve content. (Excluding raid and high level stuff)