Revenant Legendary Weapon Inquiry

in Revenant

Posted by: Maelwro.7562

Maelwro.7562

Hi folks!
I’ve absolutely fallen in love with my Revenant, and was look to build a legendary (Juggernaut – Hammer); however, I know with new HoT legendaries coming out, I was looking for some advice as to whether I should hold off going for the Juggernaut and wait to see what comes out in the HoT packs, or… go for the Juggernaut? (For those of you who have the weapon, what are your thoughts on it on a Rev?)

Thanks!

in Revenant

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

For what it’s worth; I will likely hold off myself. The precursor crafting turned out to be a silly Gold sink, beyond it being a neat concept as an adventure. It basically ends up costing you more than it would costs to just sell the materials you’d have to farm for it, and then to buy the precursor off of the TP. Well, until the precursors rise to an all time high because of this collection that is—yay? Silly.

But that aside, I do sort of want to see how the HoT one looks first. I may want Juggernaut now that I’ve switched my main to Herald, and are thus playing a profession that can use hammers, plus there not being that many other “awesome” hammer skins (to me) available. But I still wish to see the new one, just in case it strikes my fancy even further. As to avoid making two.

It will likely take a good long while before we see it though, so it’s something to keep in mind too. I don’t expect them to come out all too quickly, so in the meantime, I will probably make Astralaria and/or Nevermore and be content with having done that.
_

PS: Still disappointed (as a owner of 14 legendary weapons) in how much of a Gold investment is needed for the precursor “scavenger hunt”. It utterly defeats the purpose as for why people wanted it in the first place. A more long-stretched, challenging way of earning a precursor, without needing to resort to buying it on the Trading Post or having some insane luck. But when the process is both challenging enough, and also adds a cost that exceeds that of the direct purchase on TP option.. the whole system is ridiculous. Terrible implementation, Anet, terrible.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Revenant

Posted by: Maelwro.7562

Maelwro.7562

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I already had the juggernaut from the time I played Warrior. Its perk is that it makes your entire armor shiny/changes color based on background, which is a highly unique feature imo all legendaries considered, with no excess fluff. The downside with using the juggernaut as a melee weapon, as on the Warrior, is that it lacks weight. It feels more like a staff than a real Heavy meaty hammer (best example is megatron, the lava hammer, that one packs a punch, while the juggernaut is more feminin in its punches, lacking a big head) On the contrary my opinion is that juggernaut fits perfectly on a rev, since rev uses it as a ranged weapon, where the jug gives u a nice mix feel of hammer/staff heavy wizard. Im glad it’s not a brute looking weapon for its use on rev. Something to consider.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I was planning on making the Juggernaut myself, regardless of the other legend arises coming out, simply because I think the animations of the thing would look awesome with the Revenant.

I was going to hold off on any others until seeing what comes down the pipes next.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

One thing to keep in mind is that the new legendaries can not drop, nor can they be purchased. So if you don’t want to undertake the precursor crafting, Juggernaut will be the way to go.

in Revenant

Posted by: Niyu.1350

Niyu.1350

Anyone have a Rev with Bolt legendary? I was wondering if the skill 3 looks like a lightning cloud bouncing around

in Revenant

Posted by: Vaiye.5709

Vaiye.5709

Honestly, If you already have 500 weaponsmithing and farm your own mats then its worth it to make your own ascended even if you are planning on getting a legendary version of it. Building a legendary can take months easily as opposed to getting an ascended in 1-2 nights.

I made my ascended hammer and am farming to make ascended sword and axe. I already have Bifrost but never use it on my rev. I find the wood to be the hardest/most annoying.

Also, if I ever make another legendary, I’d go with bolt because of the cooler effects.

(edited by Vaiye.5709)

in Revenant

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Anyone have a Rev with Bolt legendary? I was wondering if the skill 3 looks like a lightning cloud bouncing around

I do and I haven’t noticed that myself. But I can honestly I haven’t really paid direct attention to it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I haven’t noticed any special effect with the skill itself, but the lightning effect that it provides naturally does get a bit more pronounced due to the rapid movement. It’d be pretty kittenin’ cool if they added something like that, though.

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I will check tonight, but regardless Bolt on Rev looks real good

I also have the mjolnir skin, and my rev looks like a lightening god when I’m in battle.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Really wanting Nevermore… I even made my Norn Revenant a raven follower for this reason…

Other than that i was mostly eyeing the juggernaut but I doubt I will ever complete it. My problem is always getting distracted along the way when I save up, since it’s such a complex chain of materials and funds needed to make one.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i did make a bolt just for rev and used with fotm sword, it looks pretty sick
tho i may switch fotm sword with sab, because you don’t really see the fotm effect with rev skills because they already have smokes…

in Revenant

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

You can combine legendaries in Hot..I just made Boltfang.

Attachments: