Revenant Needs a Major Buff Before PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

The new elite spec looks fun. Let me make that clear. But it doesn’t look good nor do I think it will get anywhere close to meta. Why?

This is an Elite Spec. This means we have to choose between the new spec and Herald.

Right now, I don’t see the new legend being anywhere close to meta. If the legend was release today, I highly doubt the meta would change at all.

Lets think about it.

Herald:

1. Get out of jail free heal. Fully negates AND heals against condition and physical damage

2. AoE reveal + infinite fury (20% increase change to crit)

3. AoE Condi + infinite Swiftness

4. AoE Might + cone vulnability

5. Cone knockback + protection.

The self sustain and team support being output by Herald is amazing.

Renegade – I see a few main boons so far. AoE bleed application on allies, AoE increase to condi damage and critical strike damage (not chance). AoE lifesteal application on allies. 3 second alacrity. All of these cost a significant amount of resource. You have an F1 skill to apply might on a 10 second cooldown, but for it to be effective you need to build up this favor. I don’t see that happening often in PvP. Perhaps WvW. Not sure about PvE either (depends on how spread out the fights are). I’m not sure about the heal. It heals for a total of about 5k on the tooltip over the course of 10 seconds. Is this really worth taking over Heralds heal? One that completely negates any damage AND heals you for that damage? One that applies Regen to everyone around you over time without being locked into one place?

My point is, Renegade is cool. It looks cool, like all of revenant. But it doesn’t seem good.

The only way I see Renegade coming close to the meta is to buff the other legends. Give more sustain to the other legends. Right now to counter rev in PvP and WvW you just have to focus it. Glint’s heal is the only way it can negate being focused for a limite amount of time. After that it doesn’t have enough stun breaks, condi cleansers, or self sustain to be able to do anything against a hard, low CD burst or two+ focused.

The team support of Herald in raids and fractals is so pheneomenal for its class that I don’t see any comps preferring Renegade.

Either that or you nerf all of the other classes. For the love of god, don’t nerf Herald without giving us something good in return.

Or the traits are really good.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So… Your point is essentially that Glint is a PvP/WvW spec, with perma swiftness for open world. I’m cool with that.

What PvE raid/fractal Revenant needs most of all is damage buffs, damage, damage, more buffs, and more damage. Perhaps a context-sensitive niche that allows it to excel, as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

With PvE, it looks like Renegade does more damage than Glint. However, it offers less boons/team support. Not none, but less.

I’m not an expert PvEr, but it seems like raiders/fractals would prefer glint because of her might and fury.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Glint was kitteny at might application in PvE, and raids do not need a dedicated Furybot in an environment with Tiger Druid and Signet of Inspiration mesmers. Swiftness has little use in PvE encounters. That leaves protection, which still doesn’t justify using Glint.

What Fractals and Raids want are exclusive buffs not capped by another profession. In the case of Renegade, it has exclusive buffs that increase condition an critical damage.

in Revenant

Posted by: Datenshi.2765

Datenshi.2765

Maybe Good- > Raids
Borderline Garbage > Everything else

Doesn’t make for a very good expac seller now does it? Get it sorted ANet unless your goal is for those 0.1% of Revs that raid to be the only ones ever swapping into it.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Can’t really judge the new spekittenil we see all the traits.

in Revenant

Posted by: fran.8157

fran.8157

I think the bet buff for damage rev could get is pretty simple just make his basic attacks with sword a little bit stornger 10% and thats a wrap . Then he will be fine for pve content

in Revenant

Posted by: Ephrum.3910

Ephrum.3910

Saying rev needs a buff because the new elite spec doesn’t fit YOUR game mode is asinine.

From a pve point of view, renegade is shaping up to be amazing for endgame content. Rev has been meta for wvw/pvp for years now, while in pve rev has been all but useless. With the removal of facet of nature’s use in raids, the only thing it’s good for is condi on specific bosses and hand kiting on Deimos. People don’t take Herald anymore.

There are also other elite specs that don’t fit other game modes, by the way. Scrapper? Useless in pve. Spellbreaker is also looking like it’ll be useless in endgame pve.

But in the end, we can’t know until it comes out. Everything everyone is saying is a healthy amount of speculation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So you are right about Rev needing a buff, but it needs a buff in the right places.

Increase the damage on sword mainhand by 10-15%
Sword off-hand
Grasping shadows reveals your target for 3 seconds

Return the auto tracking on Mace#3 because its clunky now.

Lower the energy cost on Phase Traversal to 30, lower the CD to 3 seconds

Lower the energy cost of mallyx utilites by 5 across the board ( minus the elite)

Rite of the great Dwarf loses it’s stun break, instead gives 5 sec of Protection that pulses at the beginning and then again at the end of its duration
Rite of the Great Dwarf gives Resistance and Regen at the end of it’s duration

Inspiring Rienforcement Now breaks stun’s, last for 3 seconds instead of 5, increase stability per pulse from 1 to 2 seconds

Ventari’s tablet speed increase by 5%

Protective Solace now forces the tablet to follow the rev

Increase the radius of Purifying Essense to 360

Infuse Light would get a new functionality.

Infuse Light has " Consume facet of light to heal yourself and invert all incoming strikes to healing for a short duration, If this effect would end naturally and no damage was done Heal yourself 4,600 your energy is set to 0"

Infuse Light has a 3.5 second duration, up from 3.
( the reason I would change this and give it this drawback is to make it useful for rev outside of zerg and group fight’s, and people wont scream nerf like they did when it was first released, because now if you use it as soon as you switch their is a definite drawback, keeps counterplay and forces you to make smart decisions still.)

Gaze of Darkness is unblockable

For Renegade.

Darkrazors Daring- Is a stun break and also blinds your foe

Icerazors Ire- also gives your enemy slow for 1 second every 3 seconds

Razerclaws rage- your attacks inflict bleeding and chill (added the chill to make it synegies with mallyx, I wouldnt add it to icerazor because it attacks 20 times and the instant nerf it would get would be quicker than mes when phantasmal haste was broken)

Soulcleaves summit- add " when you gain life this way remove a condition"

Because having a legendary stance with no condi removal or stun break, that is also the only ranged condi weapon is very, very poor design.
Their is a reason no one played mallyx for years after it’s release.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Right now, I don’t see the new legend being anywhere close to meta.

Meta this meta that…

I remember back before raids when every profession was at least capable if not equal, and people could just play the prof if they enjoyed it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Right now, I don’t see the new legend being anywhere close to meta.

Meta this meta that…

I remember back before raids when every profession was at least capable if not equal, and people could just play the prof if they enjoyed it.

Meta this meta that existed well before raids

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Kind of true, Herald is way too good to put away. They should let us trade this one for Ventari instead.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Hitomi Shadowleaf.5629

Hitomi Shadowleaf.5629

Kind of true, Herald is way too good to put away. They should let us trade this one for Ventari instead.

you need to join Anet’s design team like right now, ventari is so useless in pve.