Revenant Not In An Acceptable State:Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Originally I made a long drawn out post on all things I found to be issues with rev right now. I decided to break the it down into three seperate posts. This one is about how poor the traitlines are in their current state.

I am not going to go over every single trait or lines here, just in general the bad options, and things missing in each line.

Corruption

At Major

• Venom enchantment is redundant when we only have one other source of application
  • replenishing dispare would not heal through a single stack of torment with 0 condi damage or duration.

At Master:

• Frigid Precision is useless.

At Grandmaster:

• Pulsating Pestilence doesn’t help you deal with conditions, it just passes them on.
  • Maniacal Persistence is near useless. Especially when you could go invocation and get furry and double its effects really easily.

Overall the problem with the entire trait line is it has 2 forms of application(3 if you count that poison stack). No burn duration, no bleeding, almost 0 poison to go along with our single source, no getting rid of conditions, or meaningful way to survive with conditions outside of resistance. The whole line is pathetic as there is only one completive trait per tier. None of the the traits here except for two grandmaster traits change the way the class plays.

Salvation

At Major:

• I would give the edge to Blinding truths its bad gameplay tho, spamming move the tablet to get blinds out is not enjoyable for anyone. Smallest radius ever.
  • Other two of them are passive and very low impact.
  • Tranquil Balance feels like an attempt to help band aid our terribly low healing coefficients.

At Master

• Tranquil benediction feels useless even when allies get the orbs.
  • Eluding Nullification has too small of a radius
  • Invoking Harmony another bandaid for our terrible healing coefficients.

At Grandmaster

• Selfless Amplification again another bandiad for the healing coefficients. This trait looks impactful, but its not compared to the others. You need roughly 1350 healing power to get 20% out of it.
  • Natural Abundance unreliable because of how small the radi of the fragments are and that opponents on top of the tablet automatically step on the fragment.
  • Momentary Pacification: Does not do anything about the fact that opponents can easily cleave through the vines. There is also no damage component to it either.

Salvation has two problems. The first is even if you were to play smart stack all the crazy modifiers your not going to heal for much and if you do your lock you self out of being able to do anything. The second problem is there is no support to help you the rev sustain, all those modifiers are outgoing to allies, so you cannot even keep your self alive.

Lastly Retribution

• Stability on evade feels terrible. I mean chances are I am dodging the cc skill, now I have this boon that I don’t need, it runs out in 3 seconds and then you get stunned.

At Major
  • Improved Aggression :reduced damage while taunting foe. Well la di da. To bad your almost never going to taunt anyone. It’s too costly.
  • Planar Protection take this trait. Make it baseline. Do that with every fall damage trait.

At Master

• Retaliatory Evasion: Woo… retal for 2 seconds… its pointless.
  • Eye for Eye needs to be a minor trait. No one would ever pass this trait up

At grandmaster

• Empowering vengeance: there is no meaningful way to get retal other than to use dodges to get it.
  • Steadfast Rejuvenation is less than a the orbs from staff auto as a heal. This is a grandmaster trait.

Retribution actually has some interesting trait ideas, but they are either implemented so poorly that they cannot be used due to reliance on other boons or player actions or they are so good that you will not choose anything else. None of the traits in here change the way you play. It just adds on passive defenses.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maniacal_Persistence

If I were to redesign this it would be,

Movement skills are more efficient,
10e and lower in cost: -33% recharge
15e and higher: -33% cost

Phase Smash
Surge of the Mists
Unrelenting Assault
Grasping Shadow
Echoing Eruption
Frigid Blitz
Igniting Brand
Riposting Shadows
Phase Traversal
Unyielding Anguish

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Phase Smash
Surge of the Mists
Unrelenting Assault
Grasping Shadow
Echoing Eruption
Frigid Blitz
Igniting Brand
Riposting Shadows
Phase Traversal
Unyielding Anguish

That’s actually a really interesting idea that would help out a lot with ever type of build not just condition ones. I like it.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Phase Smash
Surge of the Mists
Unrelenting Assault
Grasping Shadow
Echoing Eruption
Frigid Blitz
Igniting Brand
Riposting Shadows
Phase Traversal
Unyielding Anguish

Interesting idea, I like it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

The masters tier on Corruption has Bolstered Anguish which increases damage by 3% per condition on you. Why? What I mean is, why in the only condi trait line, they give us damage and not condition damage?

I really like Justine’s idea. Currently, Maniacal Persistence is eclipsed by Roiling Mists.