Revenant Questions

Revenant Questions

in Revenant

Posted by: Sourpuss.4165

Sourpuss.4165

Hi, I just started playing Guild Wars 2 again and I have some questions about the Revenant. Please note that I’ve already tried looking up videos, guides, forums threads, and none of them seem to help me with what I was looking for.

What would be the best legendary for leveling up (dps), and general pve?

What would be the best weapon combo?

Revenant Questions

in Revenant

Posted by: Shard.4372

Shard.4372

For general play and leveling, you’re gonna wanna take the Shiro legend with a Sword/Axe weapon combo, and the 2H Hammer as your off set for ranged attacks. Shiro offers the skill “Impossible Odds” which give you quickness. That, comboed with your Sword auto attack will melt mobs. On top of things, once you reach max level, you are going to want to unlock the Herald trait line ASAP, because it will bring some welcomed utility to you playstyle.

Xian Mistlock, 80 Herald
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: [EDGE] Journeys Edge

Revenant Questions

in Revenant

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’ve been running sword/axe staff with Shiro and ventari. Only level 25 at the moment but it is working quite well for me. As for traits I am currently spec’d in devastation the next line will probably be retribution or salvation. Haven’t decided yet.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Revenant Questions

in Revenant

Posted by: Jim.9532

Jim.9532

I used tombs of knowledge to level to 80. However in the jungle I ran Shiro/Jalis until I unlocked Herald.

A basic rotation would be (in any order) spinning hammers + sword autoattack – when energy runs out swap legends to refresh – shiro quickness + sword autoattack.

Rinse and repeat.

The hammers range is amazing if you are fighting in an area where you are lower level, or the NPCs are particularly difficult.

I ran Invocation – Retribution – Devastation traits and dropped Retribution for Herald when it was unlocked fully.