Revenant Renegade...

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: Hylox.9746

Hylox.9746

is the renegade going to be condi or power, i want to know cuz i just bought a bunch of torment runes for my rev the other week.

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: ernestsco.7853

ernestsco.7853

This link will answer your question.
I noticed that from just that small preview, Renegades can apply bleed, torment, chill and burn. can’t wait to combine it with Mallyx

https://youtu.be/nflQFIFnpVo?t=49s

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: HoodyMoody.6584

HoodyMoody.6584

at 37:20 you can see the Renegade Skills.
Many Bleedings, Torment and Burn. I think Condi -> DMG. But the direct dmg numbers looks also Interesting. Not so high as a hammer or sword, but solid. I will then test hybrid for WvW. Mallyx and the new legend with viper, maybe celestial trinkets and berserker runes or new stat combinaton and runes.
Traits offensiv variant: Invocation (2,3,1) corruption (2,2,2/3) and the new trait.
Traits defensiv variant: corruption (2,2,2/3), retribution (2,2/3,2) and new trait.
Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnfNicTCdUilUCuUC0VClTFJNwBsJjOF-TVhaABoq+Tm7PgiSQAU+ph+ASB4nWL-w
Not with staff. With the new bow then.
Maybe little bit more expertise and other buffood. Mhhh.
Without Glint you lose Facet of Nature (33% Boonduration) and the trait envoy of sustenance (15%) so i switch maybe to a full offensiv setup without boonduration.

(edited by HoodyMoody.6584)

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

it’s definitely a more condi focus spec with most of the SB and renegade’s f2,3,4 applying condis. But we will have to test and see does it scale good with power as well.

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I hear thieves screaming for Nerf already….

Not having seen trait lines, I expect to hear a lot of cries for nerfs already. Can’t wait to test it out while roaming in WvW. Will miss the mobility of Glint, and stability will still be a big problem, but this has a lot of potential.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Looks like a backline dps support spec. Hopefully the skills scale decently with power, because we know that the condi damage will be ridiculously strong.

I feel that with the high energy costs of this legend (it has 12 skills that require energy), it’s intended to play differently than herald, instead of bolstering the frontline with boons, you can bolster your backline with bleeding (sharpening stone effect), lifesteal from elite, and you can deal some solid power/condi damage yourself with SB/Citadel Orders while also singling targets out with Scorchrazor as well as debilitating condis (slow/cripple).

I can view Renegade as being pretty strong-sounding in PvE, especially depending on its traits. It seems like extremely good offensive support and heavy condition damage from the backline or frontline. I would assume a new condi build for PvE would be something like devastation/corruption/renegade. With the Assassin’s Presence and full stacks of Kalla’s Fervor, you’re giving your teammates each 20% condi damage and 450 ferocity (or 30% crit). That’s massive offensive support.

As for defensive support, and even more importantly, self-defense, it looks lackluster. The -33% condi damage from the heal is nice but it is a group focused heal and you’re going to need a dedicated healer to keep you up if you do get pressured. Look at all the defense/heals you lose from Glint. You lose all your boons, you lose Shield 4 and 5 (blocks, heals, and protection), you lose your facet of nature, you lose your Infuse Light. The only defensive thing Renegade has so far is its heal, which at first glance doesn’t even look as good as Glint heal not to mention all the other defensives you lose.

I’m most interested to find out how Renegade will play out in WvW. When I look at the ability to heal allies, and skills that appear that they’ll scale alright with condition damage, I think immediately of a celestial build that is placed in a group with a minstrel ele/minstrel mesmer, or something. Renegade looks like it can really keep up the offensive support but I don’t think it will be a very sustainable roamer as herald is.

That said it is a new way to play revenant. I’m ready to give it a shot although herald is my favorite playstyle of all time. We need to see the traits before we can make a conclusion. It’s worth a shot.

collector of liquid aurillium

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

Stun breaker combined with a heal…
No stability.
No condi clear (trust me – there is no difference between 7s root or 5s root, you will be dead in both cases).
No mobility.

In fact at this moment renegade looks like PvE or WvW backline “pres 1-1-1” brainless zerg spammer. Just like hammer rev, but now condi based. Wow…

To be honest – I would prefer to keep my current build, but with ability to wield a bow.

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: HoodyMoody.6584

HoodyMoody.6584

WvW perspective (zerg, guilds)
I think with the new specialization he goes in the offensive direction. I dont know the traits. But they will probably further the offensive gameplay – my opinion.
Maybe hammer rev have a comeback with the offensive traits (invocation, devastation, the trait) and deal intense dmg – more then now and switch the role with other offensiv class. New Warrior and Necromancer looks now Interesting for support, control. Also the new Guard looks strong.
Or/And the hybrid/condi rev still alive, but with more offensive setup (no boonduration, more condition/direct dmg and other classes support more.) We are no longer buff and resitance “slaves”. We have little bit support/buffs, But not much as before.
But also the old legends/builds looks useful. Could be very interesting. Reverend has many options. But the new legend looks really a bit simplistic.

WvW perspective Roamer:
Big kitten.

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Sadly just another E-spec woth no legend specific class mechanic. (sigh)
So wait another year or two for next espec.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Revenant Renegade...

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Full set of Trailblazers, and full set of Celestial ready to go. I hope to see trait lines during the beta weekend. Not counting on the elites being unlocked though.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP