Revenant / Ritualist path theory

in Revenant

Posted by: EMTDJ.9042

EMTDJ.9042

Hey Everyone,
I have an interesting theory that may catch your eye. Maybe you have thought of this before maybe not.

One of my most loved professions from the original guild wars was the ritualist, and I was super bummed, like many, when the ritualist didn’t make an appearance until I started doing some research and realized that the ritualist is actually in the game and was introduced in HOT.

Yes, that’s right, I’m talking about the revenant!

My theory is that the revenant is walking down the same path that the ritualist did from their very beginning. If you look at the lore for the ritualist it states “Before magic, the Ritualists focused on channeling spirits from the Mists. They relied upon the strength and wisdom granted to them by their powerful ancestors whom maintained a connection to their descendants. Through their spirits, the Ritualists were able to practice magic, or something close to it. When magic was granted by the gods, many of the original abilities were strengthened and merged into their modern form. Though still relying on the power of the dead, their original skills are no longer a visible part of the profession”.
The revenant when it first started was only able to channel spirits of their ancestors and use their strength and wisdom to use “something close to magic”. It didn’t have magical utility skills of its own. Now, with the latest new elite specialization we see that the revenant is making actual physical spirits. The same kind of path that the ritualist went down from the very beginning, and now it is starting to manifest itself into what the ritualist we once knew and loved were. It isn’t there yet but I feel that the revenant will eventually become the ritualist.

What do you think?

Eternal Avenger (Norn Warrior), Eternal Undead (Sylvari Necro),Eternal Naturestorm (Sylvari Ele)
FC resident

(edited by EMTDJ.9042)

in Revenant

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

It’s totally the spiritual successor, pun intended. I feel like maybe the ritualists just died off in Cantha and there were no more teachers of the magic and ways. Through some divine intervention, Rytlock was able to access this part of the mists and is now practicing and using the same magic ritualists used, but in a different manner.