Revenant Skill Queue

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

I haven’t checked other weapons besides Mace/Axe, but is it intentional that none of the skills can be queued into another one?

Just to be clear what I mean with an example:
I use Mainhand mace skill 2 and right before the cast time ends I hit Mainhand mace skill 3, however when skill 2 ends, skill 3 never starts casting.

I’ve tried other combos but none chain into the other unless I wait until the cast time finishes before hitting the next skill. I’ve tried Warrior and Elementalist and they don’t seem to have this issue mostly. For example, I can chain Elementalist Glyph of Storms -> Ice Storm with no problems.

I feel that this contributes to the Revenant feeling clunky unless I am missing something.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

You’re right. I’ve had to resort to button mashing, and that makes my combos feel clunky instead of fluid. Retreat->2->3 for a double impact and 6 stacks of might is great, but I can’t queue it so it’s inconsistent.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

AlphaK.9486

I decided to check the other weapons as well. None of them allow you to queue a skill into another before the cast time of the currently used skill is finished.

Does anyone think this should this be reported as a bug?

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Dibaryon.7469

Dibaryon.7469

Yep, one of the reasons why it looks like a slow caster.

Not worth reporting as a bug IMO, because this is just a beta version after all. Let’s keep up the feedback so the devs know which problems it has.

*GANDARA *
Flipping your camps since 2014 :3

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I think it’s worth reporting. It often feels to me like many skills just simply don’t activate. I’m constantly finding that I need to hit keys several times to activate one, and it totally destroys combos. Garbage.

Edit: and I don’t mean reporting it as a bug as in a ticket or the bugs forum. I meant that this thread is necessary. The devs need to read this stuff.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

using the jalis road skill + hammer 3, seems to put the char into auto run, and it messes things up abit.

Proud TTS member

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

AlphaK.9486

^I get that one alot too, probably should get its own post. I’ll see about posting this bug in the bug list thread for visibility.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I noticed that too.
Maybe it’s because weaponskills depend on energy?

That also should change however. It’s a huge problem that you can’t even attack when toggle skills suck away all your energy.

Thief initiative is not shared across utility, Revenant energy shouldn’t be consumed by weaponskills (that also have a cooldown, so why?)

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

I’ll look into this to figure out what the issue is as skill queue for Revenants should work like other professions.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Thank you Roy. Since you’re there, let’s get rid of the energy costfor weapinskills

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Bloodchild.2680

Bloodchild.2680

Yeah this was something that I was struggling with as well. I came here to post about it. I asked around in guild and map chat and apparently a lot of others were coming across this issue as well.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Same here. Skills are definitely not queuing properly.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I’ll look into this to figure out what the issue is as skill queue for Revenants should work like other professions.

its not just revenants that this is affecting, but with other professions its less consistent. engi for example acts the same way but only with toolbelt skills, and other engi skills queue normally. usually. but usually when chaining 3-4 skills in quick succession even the non-profession-specific skills wont queue.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Because skill queue is bugged at every profession like month now. I hope you now finally notice it after tons of topics everywhere. Its really frustrating bug.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yeah this issue has been occurring for a while, longer than even the 6/23 patch like some have mentioned. It’s I guess not as severely noticed on others as it is on rev? But still has been a problem. Also has been an issue stowing a weapon to stop an auto attack (probably related to trying to fix people abusing it) but it makes it difficult to stop auto attacks like say when feedback is on you, or confusion.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

AlphaK.9486

I figured it out. The invocation line first trait “Swirling Mists” is the problem. Using a skill summons an orbiting globe of mist when you spend energy. This extra effect counts like a skill in the queue eating up the second skill that was queued.

It should be noted that the engineer trait “Static Discharge” has the same issue with the static discharge being placed in the queue and canceling out the second queued skill. (Note: It’s likely that any trait that causes a cast/summon creates this issue! It would be a good idea to review any traits that cast/summon and confirm the behavior.)

This is however a much bigger problem with the Revenant since the trait “Swirling Mists” is unavoidable when taking the Invocation line.

I really hope we will see this fixed in the next beta.

(edited by AlphaK.9486)

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

I figured it out. The invocation line first trait “Swirling Mists” is the problem. Using a skill summons an orbiting globe of mist when you spend energy. This extra effect counts like a skill in the queue eating up the second skill that was queued.

It should be noted that the engineer trait “Static Discharge” has the same issue with the static discharge being placed in the queue and canceling out the second queued skill. (Note: It’s likely that any trait that causes a cast/summon creates this issue! It would be a good idea to review any traits that cast/summon and confirm the behavior.)

This is however a much bigger problem with the Revenant since the trait “Swirling Mists” is unavoidable when taking the Invocation line.

Props to finding that one. Nice one.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Thanks all for reporting this. As others have noted the problem does seem to extend beyond the Revenant. I’ve noticed lately that skill queue and sequencing for other professions isn’t working quite right either. I’m finding often now that I press a skill button in muscle memory sequence and realize a moment later that the skill never fired and there it sits unactivated on my skill bar.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

It’s worth noting that all professions have been having various issues with queuing skills since the June Patch.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Hopefully this one does get fixed. Button mashing was not fun. Nice to know I wasn’t the only one.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I can see how this is doing it with all classes. Trait behaviors were changed, and activate differently, often after the skill they are supposed to activate on (like Mesmer “Mender’s Purity”).

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

AlphaK.9486

I had sent a PM awhile back detailing the issue to Roy. He replied today that the issue has been fixed internally though I don’t know whether he meant the “Swirling Mist” skill queue issue by itself has been fixed or if the queue and its issue with cast/summon skills has been fixed.

At the very least, the Revenant should feel alot better to play using the invocation traitline without having to spam skills now.

Thank you, Roy.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

This should be fixed for the next time you all get to play the Revenant. It should help a lot with the smoothness of skill interactions.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

This should be fixed for the next time you all get to play the Revenant. It should help a lot with the smoothness of skill interactions.

Is this a fix for the whole skill queuing system (affecting other professions as well), or just for the Revenant’s case?

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Hopefully this means a fix coming soon for the problem in general and not just for the Revenant, since the skill queuing is currently not working right for multiple professions.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

That was a fast fix
I feared that it would take a long time to change/fix all the feedback you got.
Sure somthing might take a long time (Like more skills or huge changes to skills like some people suggested).
EDIT: How did I end up typeing take as talk. Doh!

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

(edited by Manifibel.8420)

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Is this a fix for the whole skill queuing system (affecting other professions as well), or just for the Revenant’s case?

It’s a bigger issue with how instant skill procs work. It was most noticeable on Revenant because there was a trait firing an instant skill after every single skill use. We’ll be looking into a long term fix to improve it although it’s more complicated as it’s connected to a bunch of systems, but I fixed the Revenant specific issue for now. Basically I changed the trait.

That was a fast fix
I feared that it would talk a long time to change/fix all the feedback you got.
Sure somthing might take a long time (Like more skills or huge changes to skills like some people suggested).

I’ve already made a lot of changes due to feedback from last weekend for the Revenant. Hopefully I’ll get to share them soon.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

AlphaK.9486

Thanks for the explanation, Roy. As a software engineer myself, I find these kind of issues interesting and understand the difficulty of fixing a problem connected to multiple systems without introducing potential new issues.

In any case while the Revenant is a little rough around the edges at the moment, it will be interesting to see how the design and balance of the Revenant evolve from developer interaction and player discussion in these coming months.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

It’s a bigger issue with how instant skill procs work. It was most noticeable on Revenant because there was a trait firing an instant skill after every single skill use. We’ll be looking into a long term fix to improve it although it’s more complicated as it’s connected to a bunch of systems, but I fixed the Revenant specific issue for now. Basically I changed the trait.

That was a fast fix
I feared that it would talk a long time to change/fix all the feedback you got.

I’ve already made a lot of changes due to feedback from last weekend for the Revenant. Hopefully I’ll get to share them soon.

I have noticed this on other profs too, so glad to see you guys working on this. Thanks for the update Roy. And really looking forward to seeing what you have changed on the rev

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

So basicly other classes than Revenant will be screwed up with this super annoying bug for next few years..

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Revenant Skill Queue

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Did you just say “weaponswap”?