Revenant Underwater Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

Why the hell can you pop herald utilities outside of water, go in water- and have them work, but not be able to use them/change them underwater? Doesn’t seem very smart or well-done design wise.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

in Revenant

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

because revenant was rushed and has tons of bugs to fix

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

in Revenant

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Revenant underwater? 0/10. Complete garbage.

- Can only use 2 legends underwater
- Only 1 underwater weapon? (looked through TP and all underwater weapons apart from spear showed not being able to equip them)
- Legends don’t save based on land and underwater (I run Glint/Shiro…when i jump into water it’s either just Shiro or swap out Glint to Mallyx….then when i get out of water i have to swap back to Glint).

Honestly the underwater combat for Rev feels so 1/2 assed it’s insane.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Revenant underwater is, honestly, the first time I’d call something in gw2 completely kitten and mediocre. It’s completely unacceptable that going underwater will make you (potentially) lose absolutely all your utilities. This needs to be fixed URGENTLY.

To add to the feedback: Unyelding anguish underwater still uses the old version applying condis to yourself and displacing enemies.

in Revenant

Posted by: Brutelas.2903

Brutelas.2903

Well from what i remember, in BWE 1 revenant had NO underwater abilities let alone weapon. It seemed as if they totally forgot they had to make underwater skills.

Also the fact that land and underwater doesn’t save legends separately makes the class quite messy in regards to environments where you need to do either or. Basically if in WvW someone wants to escape a fight from a revenant, jump into the water all my skills disappear.

Brutelas Lvl 80 Revenant
DragonBrand
Dawn Of The Sacred Knights [DAWN]

in Revenant

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

Seems like we’re forced into Shiro/Mallyx(Pretty useless for 99% of underwater fights).

Jalis has no abilities. You have to abuse Glint outside of water before jumping in, to get the aura’s.

And who uses Ventari, lmfao.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Here’s some comments from Roy’s twitter:

• Underwater skills not saving properly is getting fixed;
  • A second underwater weapon will eventually be made;
  • No underwater glint “right now, we’ll be looking at adding more uw in the future”.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Does that mean different legends for underwater?

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Revenant

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

Yeah Revenants have some serious problems with underwater combat. Only Mallyx and Shiro can be used can be used underwater and the game doesn’t let you save legends for underwater and land combat. We’re forced to swap into Mallyx and/or Shiro when we jump underwater AND THEN swap back into whatever other legend we were using when we jump out of water. This can be fixed by simply letting Revenants save underwater and land based legends. Adding another legend for underwater combat would be nice as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

This has made getting certain Hero Points in Central Tyria an utter nightmare.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Adding another legend for underwater combat would be nice as well.

I would be the better thing. At start i have prayed for an underwater unique legend, only usable underwater (other legends can’t be used)with underwater specific utilies.But i don’t think it’s going to be. And if it is what legend would you like to use underwater? No largos hero, no hylek, no krait hero know…
Underwater need bugfixing for now:
-Being able to use all legends underwater
-Remove the second splot of aquatic weapon (spear is hybrid range/contact weapon, very cool even if #2 is broken now)
-Separate slots for underwater, they is actually a problem with legends when entering and go out of water
-Mallyx unyielding still use ancien version, the version i love, but it’s kinda odd to have one version on ground an another in water.

in Revenant

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

• No underwater glint “right now, we’ll be looking at adding more uw in the future”.

what kind of horsekitten is that?

love a lot about HoT, but there are so many incomplete/ missing features….pretty clear this expac was completely rushed or they are completely understaffed.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

what kind of horsekitten is that?

love a lot about HoT, but there are so many incomplete/ missing features….pretty clear this expac was completely rushed or they are completely understaffed.

Nice. But i admit i’m not loving if they add a second underwater weapon. i think we don’t need it. I love to be like an engineer and have only one weapon underwater but, instead of harpoongun of engineer which is enterly in range, we have an hybrid contact/range weapon. I really don’t think we need another aquatic weapon.
Would have see a legendary hylek, or largos, or krait legend too, but they don’t exist soo… a pity.

And yes, it’s pretty clear that they have rushed the expansion. I don’t think it’s understaff. They just have announced Heart of Thorns too early, 9 months before, and people are getting impatient because of that, and they have rushed stuff. If they had announced expansion 4 or 3 months before i don’t think the expansion have been rushed.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)