Revenant Weapon Swap + Ventari tweek idea

in Revenant

Posted by: Killjoy.9213

Killjoy.9213

I’ve seen loads of people say the revenant needs weapon swapping and another say that that would be a slight issue seeing as how the ventari stance already deals with having to possibly pressing F1 to swap to it then 6 to be able to fully use the skill set. The only thing that can come to mind on causing a less stressful swap mode is that tapping f1 to swap to the ventari sets an “auto 6” this way noone has to hit three keys at once(` + F1 + 6).

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Even pressing two different buttons for a single “action” (changing, say, mace+mallyx to hammer+jalis) is already quite an issue, so you would need to find solutions for that too.

Most people that want weapon swapping are only thinking of an “easy” solution to make the class stronger, disregarding how unfun that would be in reality.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killjoy.9213

Killjoy.9213

If you think weapon swapping is “unfun” then stick with one weapon. But there are plenty of us that like the idea of having two separate weapons for each stance that we wish to use(Ventari/staff Demon, Mace/Axe for example). Those of us that want a second weapon set want it because we think it’d be fun having another weapon set to work with another stance, not because we think its easier.

If you don’t like the idea of another set, then you don’t have you use the second slot. Noone’s willing to force you.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t think weapon swapping is unfun, I think that having two different keys for two different skillset swaping mechanics is unfun (and inelegant).

in Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I don’t think weapon swapping is unfun, I think that having two different keys for two different skillset swaping mechanics is unfun (and inelegant).

So bind weapon sets to legends and make it one action as has been discussed elsewhere. The weapons as they are already have been designed in such a way that this would make sense. Less flexible than a real weapon swap, but way better than what we have right now.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’d rather them make multi-faceted Weapons (much like grenades, elements list skills and Warrior sword/longbow) so one weapon can do many things based on your chosen stats, ie low bases but high scaling factors, so that skills function differently or more superiorly in areas based on your build. I enjoy having a new 1 weapon class BUT the weapons need to be far less rigid and need to not cost Energy.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

people moaning about changing legend and weapon clearly havent played Engineer/Mesmer/Ele where you constantly changing a lot more.

For instance Engineer :
Drop Heal turret, Burst heal, equip elixar gun, acid bomb and F1 destroy turret for double blast heal, etc etc etc.

Weapon swap and legend swap would even be easier than playing a mesmer which as a very basic be something like:

Weapon 1 clone, dodge, weapon swap, weapon 2 clone, F1, Weapon 2 phant, dodge, weapon 2 clone, F2, Weapon swap, Weapon 1 clone, dodge, dodge, F1, … random utilites/dodges/weaponskills – signet refresh shatter – F1 … etcc etc etc.

Hell that is a very basic and uncomplicated piece of mesmer play and nowhere near the most effective way to do it and even that would be a lot more complicated then swapping a legend and making the decision to then swap weapon if you need too which even if you slow wouldnt take long at all to press. Hell a lot of keyboards you could roll your finger of F1 onto the weapon swap so they doing it at same time!