Revenant and PS

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I’ve tried searching and the forums “auto search” only allows me to get “Revena” in before it brings back results.

Has ANet told us how they are going to integrate the Revenant into the personal story considering the profession came about AFTER the PS?

GW1 integrated the four additional professions by introducing Elona and Cantha and having those professions exist just as long if not longer than the original six professions. This combined with all three campaigns taking place roughly at the same time within a five year or less span. So it made sense for the last two professions (Dervish and Paragon) to go through the Prophecies campaign and the Factions campaign.

The Revenant however seems like it should be the Elite Specialization for the Warriors instead of a new profession because it isn’t being brought in with Cantha, Elona, or a new land all together with a history that says it existed before the fall of Zhaitan.

I’m a continuity nerd/geek since I help with other products in find continuity errors. So this just irks me. Does it irk anyone else?

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

The same way they brought in each class on release. It’s just a new class not a new race. There isn’t going to be a revenant story or anything sorry. Just the same as every other class.

Getting an elite specizalation however may have its own little story

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It is 50/50 since all the current personal stories are ties to their race and choices beyond that.

But at the same time, the Rev is supposed to be something that we discover after the personal story, which makes it feel out of place to me.

I don’t know really, it will feel weird, but I highly doubt Anet would put the effort into making it feel natural.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There have been quite a few threads on the subject. The upshot is the Rev does not get special PS treatment and the head canon seems to be that they have misty timey wimey wierdness so they’ve either always been here after all or they are experiencing a past story (helps that it is in sepia tones when you are in LA).

Since I already don’t ICly have any of my alts as Pact Commander palling around with the biconics, I’ll roll with it as the PS not being canon to my alts’ stories, Rev or otherwise, other than the bits I can extract for flavor. Eg Donari has worked with the Priory — but as an adventurer/bodyguard for scholars, not as a scholar himself, he just likes Indiana Jonesing in old tombs And I used the “never knew parents” as a springboard for a year long plot about thinking he was adopted, only to find out his father actually was his blood father who had adopted to conceal an affair … forget all that White Mantle and gravestone stuff. He does know Countess Anise, because he’s a womanizing noble that she’s able to control on the rare occasions she needs a swashbuckler conman, but it’s hardly the close thing we get in the PS.

Since not everyone in Tyria can be the special snowflake, I let the PS be the story of what happened to other more important people and take my alts out into their own branching tales.

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might find more threads about this issue over in the Living World or Lore sub-forums.

Good luck.

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Was Rytlock ever fully explained as to what his profession actually is before?
Existed all the time, entering the mists shared it with the world… ignoring the argument of retcon paywall.

They could have simply gone with, this story is a vision from the mists about past events as you fully transcend to Revenant (as in GW1 new prof doing old missions).

Revenant and PS

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

They could have simply gone with, this story is a vision from the mists about past events as you fully transcend to Revenant (as in GW1 new prof doing old missions).

What if that’s how it will be done? We already have a glimpse of it, with old LA appearing in story missions.