Revenant as healer/support

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Was thinking that I might try going healer on revenant, cause on paper their heals seems strong and can be done from safety(not staff, the tablet).

Any1 having luck with it? Also having a hard time finding any synergi.. maybe Invoker and Retaliation.

in Revenant

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Revenant is a great healer when you kill enemies to stop them from dpsing your allies. I mean, Centaur stance is a great skill when you swap it out for Shiro/glint.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I haven’t used Ventari (it’s fiddly for my tastes) but have some guildmates that love it. Revenant has a variety of ways to provide group support. You might take a look at Ventari/Glint for a combination of healing, boons, etc. something along the lines of Crusader gear might be good for doing half-decent damage while also being tanky and having good healing.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

If you want to go ranged shiro/ventari with hammer and zealonts is good for trait invotation/salvation is a must for the others you can go with devastation for better damage and assassins presence retribution for defenses with closed quarters or herald for protection, toughness and elders force.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Chimp.7946

Chimp.7946

I love how we(some) argue, you can go support, healing there are people who love it. True they love it, but we ALL know as well as them, that they only half as good as they could be, as there comrades who run Shiro/Glint Zerk. I mean, if you running around doing meta events with tons of people, as long as it completes its all good. But in silence, we know, we judge and see the people standing in backline with a tablet, that they are not as good as they can be. So, the rest of us can carry them alittle.

Don’t get me wrong, I am ok with it. But we know…

(edited by Chimp.7946)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

As someone who has been leveling a pet support Rev, I’ve been using a whole,heck of a lot of Ventari. It’s taught me a few things:

-You will simply not be doing as well in terms of damage as the Glint/Shiro meta. At all.
-Ventari is great for sustain and health upkeep. Against enemies with powerful strikes, you cannot sit there and tank everything with the tablet pulsing.
-Traiting for AoE blind in the tablet is a truly fantastic help in events with massive numbers of mobs. This only works in melee, so using a staff works very well.
-Ventari works fine with the hammer due to reflects and ranged combat, but blind pulsing only works in melee.
-Ventari lacks a true spike self-heal. Pairing with a legend like Jalis or Glint does wonders for emergency survival.
-Don’t understimate the usefulness of Ventari’s elite when positioning mobs, especially when traits to daze,

In a big group, I’d check before going Centaur stance. It’s nice and all, but if a Druid or guardian is about then I’d bounce to Shiro and reenact an episode of chopped

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

So better wait for a balance patch or something.. at least it gives me time to collect the gear

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Revenant is a great healer when you kill enemies to stop them from dpsing your allies. I mean, Centaur stance is a great skill when you swap it out for Shiro/glint.

dehehe this joke is kinda getting old but still fun XD

Anyway, Ventari IS decent but it still is a bit too clunky and for nothing comparable to druid. I know we are supposed to be sustained healer but we still fail at it since druid can basically be a sustained burst healer. Specially #6 and #8 needs number tweaking and be MUCH faster (the delay on #8 drive always me mad)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Ventari is excellent for reflect duty on Tequatl and Triple Trouble. The role usually requires some co-ordination between Mesmers, Guardians, Elementalists, and so on. One or two Ventari tablets completely replaces all of that. You don’t even need to stand near the boss! Just press one button to negate all projectiles!

Ventari is otherwise a rather niche Legend.

in Revenant

Chimp.7946

The best way to deal with high spike damage is to throw more zerkers as it, eventually it dies and all is happy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Atm, PuGs run away from your tablet, avoiding it at any cost. 95% people consider it as boss mechanic or enemy player ability.

If you want to support, we have one niche and that is beefed up Regeneration. Just get outgoing healing modifiers and your Regeneration will be strongest possible one by far in game.

Then you can run Glint/Shiro and know that you support well.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Chimp.7946

Just what a healers wants to hear.

“GO fulll regen, then play like a dps, so noone will know that you are”!

The glory is for you to know what you do, while you blend in. Just dont tell anyone!

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I love how we(some) argue, you can go support, healing there are people who love it. True they love it, but we ALL know as well as them, that they only half as good as they could be, as there comrades who run Shiro/Glint Zerk. I mean, if you running around doing meta events with tons of people, as long as it completes its all good. But in silence, we know, we judge and see the people standing in backline with a tablet, that they are not as good as they can be. So, the rest of us can carry them alittle.

Don’t get me wrong, I am ok with it. But we know…

You are quite correct however sometimes you have to remember to have fun with the game, and play what you want, and how you want. After all it’s your money and time, and your character. I will change my build and gear for very focused and challenging content and be on my top game. But in open world meta events sometimes I just want to be casual, other times, all out max dps/control/support maniac

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Atm, PuGs run away from your tablet, avoiding it at any cost. 95% people consider it as boss mechanic or enemy player ability.

If you want to support, we have one niche and that is beefed up Regeneration. Just get outgoing healing modifiers and your Regeneration will be strongest possible one by far in game.

this is actually an interesting take…you know what? while commanding i might do something like that!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

I just wish the zealot’s gear was more reasonable obtainable. It might make for a decent amount of damage with some healing power but it way too kitten expensive.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

this is actually an interesting take…you know what? while commanding i might do something like that!

Its actually really good for allies if you do it right, and you don’t have to bother with the darn tablet. You get decent dps with glint/shiro (not as high as with zerk but still good) but you are giving a constant 500-600 hp/s with just regeneration to allies (not including other glint buffs or f2 active).

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Its actually really good for allies if you do it right

Care to elaborate?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I like Ventari, but I agree that, in most content, it’s very fiddly and niche. Running Glint does give significant support and is easier to run full steam with.

Still fun to use solo, though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think ventari would be a lot better if people did not have to pick up the friggen little thingies that pop out. It would be better off just providing healing in an area, because I’ve found that when I’m trying to provide some healing to an ally they will walk right past those thingies.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE