Revenant gearing

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Okay so I’m prepping for rev like everyone else, I just finished my ascended armor set and now I need to save up to make the weapons, I’m just wondering what weapons/ armor runes/sigils would you say is the best for rev with the shiro/glint combo? I know sword mainhand and sheild but what’s the other offhand for shiro? I see people saying axe or mace?

I was thinking scholar or strength runes for the armor with force and night sigils on the weapons?

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Jim.9532

Jim.9532

I am going for hammer for the secondary set with sword/shield or sword/axe in the other set.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Shield offhand for a bit of on demand defense or axe offhand for some additional mobility/utility and a touch more DPS from axe 4. You might as well have both but it doesn’t make a huge difference. Weapon swap should be either staff (for dungeons/raids), or hammer (for open world where you might want to range things).

Force is one of the sigils guaranteed. Night is a good sigil to have around for dungeon speed runs, but does not appear to work in raids. Air is the next best DPS option; Strength (for even more might stacking), Fragility (for more vulnerability stacking), and Nullification (for boon removal) are also reasonable options if the group needs one of those. If you don’t want to carry around a ton of ascended weapons I would suggest making an axe and shield with force sigils and two swords, one with a night sigil and the other with an air sigil.

Strength and Scholar are the two reasonable choices. Scholar will perform better with an ideal group where you already have more than enough might stacking and staying above 90% is expected; Strength will be better solo and in groups when things start to go a little wrong. Get Strength if you are not a member of a dungeon speed running guild and Scholar if you are.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

Thanks a bunch ensign, I didn’t know if night sigils worked in raids or not so I’m used to just running them by default.

I haven’t seen a ton of footage on the rest of the rev weapons yet so I didn’t even think about staff, i’m not a huge fan of hammer so I’ll probably go with staff.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

On shiro/glint rage is better than strength if you have a PS warrior around.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I’m interested to see what people are looking at in WvW. I ran shiro/glint with Hammer and sword/axe. In zerg combat I tried to mainly use hammer at about a 900 range when engaging. In roaming small group combat I would use sword/axe primarily.

Gear: Soldiers armor with Holbrek runes, Zerk hammer w/ force/fire, Zerk Sword/Axe w/ Force/Air. Zerk Trinkets.

With soldiers Armor I was able to stay alive during a push/bomb. Yet still had enough damage output to be dangerous.

Any others that run primarily WvW want to share?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

rage seems good too, and yeah you’re probably right, I wonder if that’s better than scholar or not though.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: ahion.5793

ahion.5793

and with sinister set, what should i use as rune/sigil please?

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Strength is pretty much always better than rage. Power is better than Ferocity. Extra might duration is more useful than extra fury duration. With Shared Empowerment, you’re pretty much guaranteed to have permanent might as long as you get one of ANY boon every 7 or 8 seconds. Fury is very reliable with the revenant but not quite as much as might even with the 30% duration. Unless you know for a fact that you’re going to have 25 might 100% of the time, strength is better. Runes of rage are very cheap though and a great choice if you can’t afford strength.

Strength and Hoelbrak runes are the best choices in my opinion.

Sigil of strength is excellent if you go Roiling Mists + Strength runes. You might also want to go with Sigils of cleansing/generosity/purity for the condition cleansing. Sigils of energy, frailty, force, fire and air are also good choices.

I’m personally going for Sword/Shield (Strength + Fire), Hammer (Strength + Energy) with Hoelbrak runes.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

and with sinister set, what should i use as rune/sigil please?

For sinister set… it means you are going condi, right? Which, to me, means you want Runes of Tormenting. That is what I have anyhow. Without, I was hitting 3k ticks of damage on that first raid boss. With it, I can only imagine that will go up about another 1k or so.

For sigils, I have the condi-stacking on my axe and 6% condi damage on mace. I was considering the AoE Torment on crit but not sure if that is worth it or not.

I have a pair of swords as my off-set weapon. One is 5% damage (since sword is power) and the other will likely be that AoE torment and I have to play around with them.

I, as of yet, have no ranged weapon since there is nothing good to go with condi and I do not like hammer or staff… so not sure what I will do in those situations yet. Might end up sitting at mid-range and spamming axe 5 and mace 2

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

rage seems good too, and yeah you’re probably right, I wonder if that’s better than scholar or not though.

Scholar is gonna be better if you above 90% hp,but rage is really good to and lot cheaper.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Strength is pretty much always better than rage. Power is better than Ferocity. Extra might duration is more useful than extra fury duration. With Shared Empowerment, you’re pretty much guaranteed to have permanent might as long as you get one of ANY boon every 7 or 8 seconds. Fury is very reliable with the revenant but not quite as much as might even with the 30% duration. Unless you know for a fact that you’re going to have 25 might 100% of the time, strength is better. Runes of rage are very cheap though and a great choice if you can’t afford strength.

Sigil of strength is excellent if you go Roiling Mists + Strength runes. You might also want to go with Sigils of cleansing/generosity/purity for the condition cleansing. Sigils of energy, frailty, force, fire and air are also good choices.

I’m personally going for Sword/Shield (Strength + Fire), Hammer (Strength + Energy) with Hoelbrak runes.

With sigil of strength and shared empowerment we can easily keep 25 stacks of might and we have perma fury anyways. Both give 5% damage with our boons reliably.
However, with the amount of power we have access to ferocity increases damage far more if I remember it right strength increased our damage in 8% and rage in 13%. If you can maintain 90%+ health around 40% of the time scholar is better.

Edit: Did the maths again.
As long as you have 25 might ascended zerker and no external source of power rage and strenght are tied with an 10% almost 11% increase.
Scholar crushes them both…. with a 20% increase.
Rage and strenght are only better if you keep at less than 90% health 83% of the time.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

I don’t understand where you got your numbers from.

With strength runes and glint spec: Sigil of strength has a 60% to give 1 stack of might every second on crit for 16 seconds (10 seconds x (1+0.15+0.45)). so 16 × 0.6 = 9.6. You’ll get an average of 9.6 might stacks from it. Shared empowerment gives base 8 seconds of might. 8 × 1.6 = 12.8. So 12.8 might stacks if you get exactly one stack per second. Let’s say the strength runes give you exactly 1 stack of might permenently. That’s 12.8+9.6+1 = 23.4 stacks of might on average. Let’s not start thinking about things like empowering vengeance and nefarious momentum because they are just inferior choices.

Without strength runes: Sigil of strength gives 10 × 1.15 × 0.6 = 6.9 stacks of might. Shared empowerment gives 8 × 1.15 = 9.2. 9.2 + 6.9 = 16.1 stacks of might on average.

Power: Strength runes give 175 power which is equal to a 17.5% (0.1% damage per power point) base damage increase.
Ferocity: Rage runes give 175 ferocity which is equal to a 11.67% (1% damage per 15 ferocity points) damage increase but ONLY at 100% crit chance.

Let’s pretend both boons are up 100% of the time (though really, might is a lot more reliable). Both runes have an extra 5% damage increase.

So Strength runes end up at 23.4 (23.4 × 3% damage per stack = 70.2% extra damage) stacks of might, 22.5% damage.

Rage runes end up at 16.1 (16.1 × 3% damage per stack = 48.3% extra damage) stacks of might, 16.67% damage at 100% crit chance ONLY.

I do not include the increase in fury duration in to my calculations because it does not actually give you any more damage unless you can’t maintain your fury. Also in the sigil of strength calculations I just assume crit is 100% because it actually doesn’t make a difference since we’re assuming that sigil is used for both strength and rage runes in this scenario.

I definitely don’t claim to be any sort of expert on the gw2 mechanics but these numbers make a lot more sense to me.

I also will be using rage runes for some of my armour sets. I just don’t have enough money to get strength/hoelbrak for all of them and rage runes are a very good substitute.

(edited by Demented Yak.6105)

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: nessuno.2956

nessuno.2956

With sigil of strength and shared empowerment we can easily keep 25 stacks of might and we have perma fury anyways. Both give 5% damage with our boons reliably.
However, with the amount of power we have access to ferocity increases damage far more if I remember it right strength increased our damage in 8% and rage in 13%. If you can maintain 90%+ health around 40% of the time scholar is better.

Edit: Did the maths again.
As long as you have 25 might ascended zerker and no external source of power rage and strenght are tied with an 10% almost 11% increase.
Scholar crushes them both…. with a 20% increase.
Rage and strenght are only better if you keep at less than 90% health 83% of the time.

I not keep my life above 90% in close combat. rune os strenght is 5% of power stable.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

How can you do a full set of ascended items for a class you don’t even know how it is (i mean final balance).
Don’t you want to test it? I mean, and if you’ll need more of a stat than another? You’ll trash ascended items?

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

How can you do a full set of ascended items for a class you don’t even know how it is (i mean final balance).
Don’t you want to test it? I mean, and if you’ll need more of a stat than another? You’ll trash ascended items?

I already made my full set of ascended valkyrie armor, zerker shield and sword, and have everything else set. I think valkyrie should stay very good no matter what if I can always manage my fury upkeep

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I already made my full set of ascended valkyrie armor, zerker shield and sword, and have everything else set. I think valkyrie should stay very good no matter what if I can always manage my fury upkeep

If one runs a power build for pve its always good to go full zerker as thatll give u the highest dmg possible. Any extra staat like toughness or vit can be achieved by swapping amu trink rings back, also since its less costly. Zerk will never be gone as most optimal gear for power builds, i dont see how itll change that much for raids either now that we have different roles to fill and support each other.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

Lol people are seriously asking why I’m planning on zerker? is this real life? because zerker is the only acceptable thing to use in pve.

As for “trashing an ascended set” I can always restat them later with the mystic forge if I find that full zerk isn’t to my liking, but I’m seriously doubting that will happen.

(edited by The one to Rule.2593)

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

as for " how" i can do it, this is the ascended set i made for my guardian, it’s not like i’m making a whole other set, I’m just transferring to another character

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Ah ok. Pve, nevermind.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

yeah i guess i never specified, my bad, but yeah pve i don’t really do pvp

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

With strength runes and glint spec: Sigil of strength has a 60% to give 1 stack of might every second on crit for 16 seconds (10 seconds x (1+0.15+0.45)). so 16 × 0.6 = 9.6. You’ll get an average of 9.6 might stacks from it. Shared empowerment gives base 8 seconds of might. 8 × 1.6 = 12.8. So 12.8 might stacks if you get exactly one stack per second. Let’s say the strength runes give you exactly 1 stack of might permenently. That’s 12.8+9.6+1 = 23.4 stacks of might on average. Let’s not start thinking about things like empowering vengeance and nefarious momentum because they are just inferior choices.

Without strength runes: Sigil of strength gives 10 × 1.15 × 0.6 = 6.9 stacks of might. Shared empowerment gives 8 × 1.15 = 9.2. 9.2 + 6.9 = 16.1 stacks of might on average.

Power: Strength runes give 175 power which is equal to a 17.5% (0.1% damage per power point) base damage increase.
Ferocity: Rage runes give 175 ferocity which is equal to a 11.67% (1% damage per 15 ferocity points) damage increase but ONLY at 100% crit chance.

Let’s pretend both boons are up 100% of the time (though really, might is a lot more reliable). Both runes have an extra 5% damage increase.

So Strength runes end up at 23.4 (23.4 × 3% damage per stack = 70.2% extra damage) stacks of might, 22.5% damage.

Rage runes end up at 16.1 (16.1 × 3% damage per stack = 48.3% extra damage) stacks of might, 16.67% damage at 100% crit chance ONLY.

I do not include the increase in fury duration in to my calculations because it does not actually give you any more damage unless you can’t maintain your fury. Also in the sigil of strength calculations I just assume crit is 100% because it actually doesn’t make a difference since we’re assuming that sigil is used for both strength and rage runes in this scenario.

I definitely don’t claim to be any sort of expert on the gw2 mechanics but these numbers make a lot more sense to me.

I also will be using rage runes for some of my armour sets. I just don’t have enough money to get strength/hoelbrak for all of them and rage runes are a very good substitute.

0.1% damage increase per power only applies at 1000 power, At 3k it’s a 0.0333%.
At low power and precision power gives a bigger % increase while ferocity gives always the same ( assuming same crit chance) that’s why at high power and precision ferocity is preferable.
Do not ignore facet of strength and UA when calculating the might contribution.
Of course assuming you want to maximize your DPS when soloing strength is better while if you have spotter, banners or empower allies rage is better.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

In WvW i was planning about running a mix o berserker and valkyrie, i don’t really do PvE right now.
I wanted to try a hybrid built with hammer and mace/axe to run with celestials but before crafting anything i want to see if it’s actually working (always talking about WvW).

norn warrior

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

0.1% damage increase per power only applies when you go from 1000 to 1001 power
At 3k it’s a 0.0333%. At low power and precision power gives a bigger % increase while ferocity gives always the same ( assuming same crit chance) that’s why at high power and precision ferocity is preferable.
Of course assuming you want to maximize your DPS when soloing strength is better while if you have spotter, banners or empower allies rage is better.

Can you give me your source for the power thing? I’ve been using the wiki which says power scaling is linear.

Unfortunately you can’t reliably calculate the contribution of UA or Facet of strength. Facet of nature might be possible if you resolved to absolutely keep it on, no matter what in every possible scenario, making sure you never run out of energy, in which case just add 0.5 to all the duration multipliers.
It’d be nice but there are so many different playstyles and so many different possible scenarios that it’s really impossible to average them out and predict what’ll happen in any given fight – when you’ll use those abilities and when you’ll ignore them. I personally just double tap Facet of strength most of the time. Most of the sigils, runes and traits work independent of anything else including your personal playstyle (as long as you’re in combat) so it’s very easy to assign lots of numbers to them.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

If one runs a power build for pve its always good to go full zerker as thatll give u the highest dmg possible. Any extra staat like toughness or vit can be achieved by swapping amu trink rings back, also since its less costly. Zerk will never be gone as most optimal gear for power builds, i dont see how itll change that much for raids either now that we have different roles to fill and support each other.

Just the armor is valkyrie, everything else is zerker. Zerker armor is a waste on revenant as I have 80% ctit chance

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Lol people are seriously asking why I’m planning on zerker? is this real life? because zerker is the only acceptable thing to use in pve.

As for “trashing an ascended set” I can always restat them later with the mystic forge if I find that full zerk isn’t to my liking, but I’m seriously doubting that will happen.

If you are going with a Shiro/Glint power build then yeah, people are seriously asking. With perma fury and the traits to increase your fury effectiveness you can get close to 100% crit easily without full zerker set. Which then means that if you add full zerker on top of that you are wasting a stat with all that unnecessary perception. That’s why Valk. is so popular since it give Power, Ferocity, and Vit.. If you augment that with some zerker trinkets and such you still keep the 100% crit, have the same power and ferocity as zerker, but then also don’t waist a stat and get additional vitality.

That is why people are seriously asking.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

0.1% damage increase per power only applies when you go from 1000 to 1001 power
At 3k it’s a 0.0333%. At low power and precision power gives a bigger % increase while ferocity gives always the same ( assuming same crit chance) that’s why at high power and precision ferocity is preferable.

Can you give me your source for the power thing? I’ve been using the wiki which says power scaling is linear.

Unfortunately you can’t reliably calculate the contribution of UA or Facet of strength. Facet of nature might be possible if you resolved to absolutely keep it on, no matter what in every possible scenario, making sure you never run out of energy, in which case just add 0.5 to all the duration multipliers.
It’d be nice but there are so many different playstyles and so many different possible scenarios that it’s really impossible to average them out and predict what’ll happen in any given fight – when you’ll use those abilities and when you’ll ignore them. I personally just double tap Facet of strength most of the time. Most of the sigils, runes and traits work independent of anything else including your personal playstyle (as long as you’re in combat) so it’s very easy to assign lots of numbers to them.

Power scaling is linear and the wiki is right however, the damage percentage increase isn’t Example:
100 power at 1000 goes to 1100 1100/1000=110% therefore a 10% increase
100 power at 2000 goes to 2100 2100/2000=105% therefore a 5% increase.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

Power scaling is linear and the wiki is right however, the damage percentage increase isn’t Example:
100 power at 1000 goes to 1100 1100/1000=110% therefore a 10% increase
100 power at 2000 goes to 2100 2100/2000=105% therefore a 5% increase.

So you’re saying that power is linear up to each thousand so it should look something like this? :

https://gyazo.com/f91f68e96e86a8afff6d75b1720fd9d4

You didn’t tell me where you’re getting this information from.

Direct damage is calculated by: Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

There’s no variable power modifier in there. The weapon strength, skill coefficient and target armour are all constant when you’re using the same skill on the same opponent.

Let’s say the weapon strength, skill coefficient and target armour were all 10 (I know they’re not but it doesn’t matter what the actual values are as long as they remain the same): If you start off at 1000 power, you get 10,000 direct damage (10 × 1000 × 10/10). If you go to 2000 power you get 20,000 damage. If you go to 3000 power you get 30,000. I can’t see how the damage increase is not linear.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

If you want the long explanation here it is….
Direct damage is calculated by

Average_Damage= weapon_strength* Power*((1-crit)+crit*critmodifier)*skill_coefficient/armor

Weapon_strength, armor and armor are constants from our point of view so we can replace them with C.
The formula now is

Average_Damage= C* Power*((1-crit)+ crit*critmodifier)
or
Average_Damage/C= Power*((1-crit)+crit*critmodifier)

That Power*((1-crit)+crit*critmodifier) has another name that you might have heard Effective Power .
When people refer to a damage increase they usually refer to an percentage increase of effective power like in my previous examples

At 1000 power with a crit chance of 100% and 150% critmodifier we have
EP= 1000*(1-1+1*1.5) EP=1500
If you add 100 power to that you obtain
EP= (1000+100) * (1.5) = 1650
in a percentage increase of effective power 1650/1500=110% so a 10% increase in effective power.
At 2000 power we have

EP= 2000*(1-1+1 * 1.5)=3000

Now with the extra 100 power

EP=(2000+100) * (1-1+1*1.5)=3150
3150/3000=105% therefore a 5% increase in EP

The reason percentual increases of EP are used is because an percentual increase in EP represents that same increase in your overall all damage.

Edit: found this EP calculator it’s a bit incomplete but the results seem accurate. This one looks more complete but I haven’t checked its accuracy.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

If you are going with a Shiro/Glint power build then yeah, people are seriously asking. With perma fury and the traits to increase your fury effectiveness you can get close to 100% crit easily without full zerker set. Which then means that if you add full zerker on top of that you are wasting a stat with all that unnecessary perception.

You will be at 90% crit chance in full ascended berserker gear, 93% if you use precision secondary stat food.

The only thing that throws things off is if you have a Warrior’s banner and Ranger’s Spotter at the same time. If that’s the case you are are 104% if memory serves me right.

I don’t see a reason not to go for berserker armor unless raids are designed in a way that it forces us to use vitality in some way, shape or form. And so far on the first boss that wasn’t the case.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlIQRAsX8sn3guNSuQ7JRboZlsP0rS4IaVJ4EdskFNFidMppNtBYBNwegHshA-ThRBABXt/o8DP9D5dSAA4JAQp6PmpEMAwBwv9tv9N48zP/8zPvf/93f/93SBMwwK-e

This might be a good read and exactly the reason why I won’t go into any details anywhere else. All the numbers are in the final few posts.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Power-or-Ferocity/first#post5528824

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Bovan.9481)

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

Average_Damage= weapon_strength* Power*((1-crit)+crit*critmodifier)*skill_coefficient/armor

That’s what I wanted. Thanks.

Now we can actually apply this to figure out if we should use strength or rage.

So if we’re using full berserker: …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8nnbbkonEJrk5qEqqEYsEA-TBBXgAAK/C1P0r+zjSQA-e

We get this:

https://gyazo.com/29655f1644a8baf18867203b10f96f5a

I put the extra precision in there to make his crit 90% since that’s what we’d have with permanent fury. So adding 1 point of power will increase effective power by 2.02. Adding 1 point of ferocity will increase effective power by 1.87.

It should be noted that even with 100%, power is still more effective. It should also be noted that if we add in the ferocity traits (150+150+961 = 1261), strength becomes even more effective.

https://gyazo.com/4c4fe418c7bbaede5dd194b78f7de047

If we add food and infusions we get:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8nnbbkonEJrk5qEqqEYsEA-TBBXgAAK/C1P0r+zjSwAAHA/23+23gzP/8zP/8+93f/93fLFwFTtA-e

https://gyazo.com/126bbbf629b9ec881fc13e27089acf39

So with all berserker/valkyrie, power food and power infusions, ferocity is in the lead with 2.03 to 2.02. An extremely tiny advantage. So tiny in fact that after only 1 rune of rage (25 ferocity), power and ferocity will be on equal footing.

If we then remember the 300 ferocity we get from devastation (if we decide to use it), power shoots in to the lead once again.

https://gyazo.com/a653697b21c10a95884c60ce33404a20

So it seems that even when we have a permanent 25 stacks of might, we should use strength runes if we’re using berserker, valkyrie, soldiers, cavaliers and most other gear.

Rage seems like a solid choice for zealot’s gear though. If healing power becomes useful, I might actually use zealots and rage runes.

I’ll still be going with Hoelbrak for the time being.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

That’s what I wanted. Thanks.

Now we can actually apply this to figure out if we should use strength or rage.

So if we’re using full berserker: …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8nnbbkonEJrk5qEqqEYsEA-TBBXgAAK/C1P0r+zjSQA-e

We get this:

https://gyazo.com/29655f1644a8baf18867203b10f96f5a

I put the extra precision in there to make his crit 90% since that’s what we’d have with permanent fury. So adding 1 point of power will increase effective power by 2.02. Adding 1 point of ferocity will increase effective power by 1.87.

It should be noted that even with 100%, power is still more effective. It should also be noted that if we add in the ferocity traits (150+150+961 = 1261), strength becomes even more effective.

https://gyazo.com/4c4fe418c7bbaede5dd194b78f7de047

If we add food and infusions we get:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8nnbbkonEJrk5qEqqEYsEA-TBBXgAAK/C1P0r+zjSwAAHA/23+23gzP/8zP/8+93f/93fLFwFTtA-e

https://gyazo.com/126bbbf629b9ec881fc13e27089acf39

So with all berserker/valkyrie, power food and power infusions, ferocity is in the lead with 2.03 to 2.02. An extremely tiny advantage. So tiny in fact that after only 1 rune of rage (25 ferocity), power and ferocity will be on equal footing.

If we then remember the 300 ferocity we get from devastation (if we decide to use it), power shoots in to the lead once again.

https://gyazo.com/a653697b21c10a95884c60ce33404a20

So it seems that even when we have a permanent 25 stacks of might, we should use strength runes if we’re using berserker, valkyrie, soldiers, cavaliers and most other gear.

Rage seems like a solid choice for zealot’s gear though. If healing power becomes useful, I might actually use zealots and rage runes.

I’ll still be going with Hoelbrak for the time being.

Assuming this build and warrior banner +empower allies

You get this

Attachments:

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

Actually you don’t.

You seem to have miscalculated the ferocity.

I’m assuming by: “Warrior banner” you meant banner of strength and discipline.

Weapons amount to 180.
Armour amounts to 315.
Trinkets amount to 466.
Food amounts to 70.
Traits amount to 300.
Discipline banner amounts to 170.

Total is 1501.

The new calculation is:

https://gyazo.com/fe39201103e21332d70bc0f7562eaf58

Runes of Strength seem to come out on top for this build too.

If you remove banner of discipline, effective power gain is still higher because of the precision loss. If you add power infusions effective power gain is still higher.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Actually you don’t.

You seem to have miscalculated the ferocity.

I’m assuming by: “Warrior banner” you meant banner of strength and discipline.

Weapons amount to 180.
Armour amounts to 315.
Trinkets amount to 466.
Food amounts to 70.
Traits amount to 300.
Discipline banner amounts to 170.

Total is 1501.

The new calculation is:

https://gyazo.com/fe39201103e21332d70bc0f7562eaf58

Runes of Strength seem to come out on top for this build too.

If you remove banner of discipline, effective power gain is still higher because of the precision loss. If you add power infusions effective power gain is still higher.

Might check it later but the values without banners I took from the build editor specifically assassin’s presence seems to be bugged. And of course by banner I mean discipline and strength

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Subhuman.3958

Subhuman.3958

While comparing Rage vs the other options, I think it should be noted that it makes it easier to take cleansing channel instead of fierce infusion while still being able to solo 100% fury uptime without strain.

That said, I am still heavily debating what runes to take myself. I recall seeing runes of the revenant being data mined in the past, and I imagine more runes could release too that may be better.

Rage is appealing for me because I feel like it is a good middle ground rune that still stays relevant for all content, whereas the other choices are more often wasted when switching between different types of activities. Strength is great for solo, but quickly becomes wasted whenever enough allies are around, especially with how many glint revs will be around. Scholar is great for premades/static groups, but becomes less appealing outside of that. Both aren’t great choices for WvW. Rage is “good enough” in all of these situations for the reasons mentioned above.

Speaking of WvW, normally I’d go hoelbrak, and while it is still solid I feel like using a sigil of cleansing with cleansing channel is good enough.

(edited by Subhuman.3958)

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

While comparing Rage vs the other options, I think it should be noted that it makes it easier to take cleansing channel instead of fierce infusion while still being able to solo 100% fury uptime without strain.

That said, I am still heavily debating what runes to take myself. I recall seeing runes of the revenant being data mined in the past, and I imagine more runes could release too that may be better.

Rage is appealing for me because I feel like it is a good middle ground rune that still stays relevant for all content, whereas the other choices are more often wasted when switching between different types of activities. Strength is great for solo, but quickly becomes wasted whenever enough allies are around, especially with how many glint revs will be around. Scholar is great for premades/static groups, but becomes less appealing outside of that. Both aren’t great choices for WvW. Rage is “good enough” in all of these situations for the reasons mentioned above.

Speaking of WvW, normally I’d go hoelbrak, and while it is still solid I feel like using a sigil of cleansing with cleansing channel is good enough.

Hoelbrak is no doubt better in that setting given glint/shiro lack of condi cleanse =p. I would go with hammer too for zerg-backlining.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Posted by: Subhuman.3958

Subhuman.3958

Hoelbrak is no doubt better in that setting given glint/shiro lack of condi cleanse =p. I would go with hammer too for zerg-backlining.

I feel our condition “weakness” is often blown out of proportion. Look at warriors these days, they often favor the stance trait over the cleanse and stay relevant still. 2 condition cleanse on legend swap isn’t bad, and glint heal is a free reset against condition builds that they don’t have control over. -20% incoming duration isn’t going to do much in a WvW setting either in reality with how much stacked duration they will have. Normally on melee this would still be vital simply because of movement impairing conditions, but shiro manages to fight through those fine.

Most importantly, if you have hoelbrak, taking cleansing channel is a harder choice. Of course you can still do it, and you can still manage your fury. It is simply much easier though with rage, and in real life application and not on paper this equates to better performance.

This is all my opinion though, and hoelbrak no doubt stays a strong choice here. Strong enough to make a second set of gear for though? Not sure. If I have a full ascended set with rage already slotted, I feel like it is so debateable that I just wouldn’t bother.

I agree on hammer.

(edited by Subhuman.3958)

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

Berserker is only wasted stats if you have banner + spotter up 100% of the time. This seems unlikely and I’d still rather go with berserker for more self sufficiency.

Revenant gearing

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

This is all my opinion though, and hoelbrak no doubt stays a strong choice here. Strong enough to make a second set of gear for though? Not sure. If I have a full ascended set with rage already slotted, I feel like it is so debateable that I just wouldn’t bother.

And that’s the reason that my wvw build is suboptimal. I try to make the best possible build that still uses my pve gear and it usually works (not for roaming though).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari