Revenant heals - underpowered

in Revenant

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I feel like the base heals on all of the Legends heals need to be buffed.

Considering the Revs considerable lack of condition removal, I don’t think the heals as they are can be justified by the fact that we have 2 heals.

A lot of the skills will heal you for around 1 or 2 attacks from a basic attacker with the base heal with the secondary heals being too situational to be of use. (Glints heal is only effective if you get attacked within the time limit, if they hold off for a few seconds you’re left with essentially the same health you started with.

I’m going to eat lunch so I can’t elaborate any more, just figured I’d put that on the table whilst it was on my mind.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe they undertuned Rev heals until raids come out to null QQ until they needed. They tried this with Druid, but since thats an Elite Specialization, it was harder for them to leave it undertuned like that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Shiro’s is offensive but heals more than the others over time
Mallyx’s is medíocre without being afflicted by conditions
Jalis’ is our best burst heal and removes conditions
Ventari’s doesn’t even have a healing skill
Glint’s is situational

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I think the 1s nerf on Infused light glint heal rly hurt, theres not enough time to get any significant return of hit points. it just feels rly weak now compared to bwe3.

compared to warrior defiant stance which is also 3s and works mostly the same it seems like reducing 4s to 3s was fair. consider though warr has access to stance survival and alot more condi clear and you start to see that perhaps infused light should have a longer duration.

sad fact is anet will nvr reverse a nerf and instead find some other overly complex way to compensate that just causes more problems.

in Revenant

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Glint’s heal is the best PvE heal in the game as it has no cast time so it doesn;t slow down your damage and assuming you have aggro or can stand in a damaging aoe is 3 seconds of invulnerability and full life every 30 seconds.

Shiro’s is a dps increase and should be used on cooldown in dps rotations.

Ventari’s is really designed for a true healer role where the healing is more about allies thna yourself.

Jalis’s is on par with other boring heals in the game despite us having a second heal.

Mallyx’s is a pretty strong heal when you have conditions which is Rev’s weakness.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

sad fact is anet will nvr reverse a nerf and instead find some other overly complex way to compensate that just causes more problems.

This has been proven to be not true, so keep the feedback going. Astral force was nerfed to degenerate immediately outside of combat and it was un-nerfed recently so that it doesn’t degenerate.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

How often in the jungle are we unaffected by conditions?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Glint’s heal is the best PvE heal in the game as it has no cast time so it doesn;t slow down your damage and assuming you have aggro or can stand in a damaging aoe is 3 seconds of invulnerability and full life every 30 seconds.

Shiro’s is a dps increase and should be used on cooldown in dps rotations.

Ventari’s is really designed for a true healer role where the healing is more about allies thna yourself.

Jalis’s is on par with other boring heals in the game despite us having a second heal.

Mallyx’s is a pretty strong heal when you have conditions which is Rev’s weakness.

Man, I had a good reply written up and the forum died on me.

Basically I agree with your write-up. I WvW so in my opinion:

Glints heal can be almost nonexistant in a 1v1 or small group fight if they don’t attack.

Shiro is as you said, a dps heal which seems rather fine as is but can’t be used as a burst heal.

Ventari is the “heal others” heal and doesn’t work well for healing yourself. (the core use of a healing skill, IMO)

Jalis seems fine, a good heal, cures conditions but the rest of the utilities are a bit meh outside of zerg fights.

Mallyxs heal is like a poor mans “Consume Conditions” but that whole line mostly only works for condi builds.

To me, the extra time (and risk of more interrupts) and juggling of utilities when swapping legends (and potentially risk having the wrong utilities up) should be enough of a balance for increasing the base heals.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in Revenant

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

This was probably on purpose to balance out the fact that revenant brings 2 distinct heals to the fight. Consequently this makes them much more reliant on mitigation and damage avoidance that health recovery than other professions.

A big part of learning the profession is managing their hp with their conditional heals and bridging to them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I think they are very different but the Glint heal is one of the best in the game in my book, the passive is great and the heal is incredible provided you can time it. I think Ventari should have an even shorter recast timer tho. it should be when the tablet stops moving, that’s it. It still costs energy and it doesn’t heal op amounts, if it’s a problem in raid stacking just make it have to move a short distance to heal at all rather than have the clunky feel cooldown.

But it’s also correct that the fact we have tos wap legends at times for only the heal, is an actual drawback of the class and should be factored in the overall balance (i hope it does) since it locks out other things you might have been doing.