Revenant in year 1325? (May contain Spoilers)

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadowulph.4586

Shadowulph.4586

Q:

Since Rytlock Brimstone is the very first Revenant in 1328, how are we (the player toons) able to be a Revenant in 1325, when did we time travel? The personal story does not address this fact! Any ideas are welcome! I am still going to play my new one because I have one of each class! Just curious on peoples thoughts on this!

in Revenant

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

How are you a master of the elements working in some tavern in Divinity’s Reach? Were you practicing earth-shattering magic during the launch break and happened to become one of the strongest people in Tyria because of it?

You just have to ignore stuff like that in this game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jimsam.5632

Jimsam.5632

I’m not sure about the lore regarding the Mists. However, is it possible that The Mists exist outside of Tyria’s realm of time and space? Perhaps when Rytlock tapped into the power that caused him to become a Revenant in 1328 (something never done before, possibly something to do with his sword?), that event rippled backwards and forwards through time, touching individuals and connecting them to the Ancient Legends?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Since Rytlock Brimstone is the very first Revenant in 1328, how are we (the player toons) able to be a Revenant in 1325, when did we time travel? The personal story does not address this fact! Any ideas are welcome! I am still going to play my new one because I have one of each class! Just curious on peoples thoughts on this!

I like to think that Revenants were always there to some degree in the game but they had not fully tapped into their power and could only sort of use some of it. Could explain why Thieves can teleport through the mists like Revenants and why Ritualists could sort of channel spirits from the mists like Revenants. It’s just that Rytlock is the first to truly master this type of magic.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Who needs chronological lore when you have Chronomancers?

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

His sword is his DeLorean.

Back to the Future my man.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

You need to make a distinction between game mechanics, and what is happening in the actual story. As we all know, the majority of Revenants are people who have already learned another profession, and are converting, so in 1325, your character is a different profession when seen in the story, but mechanically, they are a Revenant, because obviously its not possible to swap professions on a in-game mechanical basis.

For example, my character was originally a Warrior and became a soldier who went to Orr in 1325AE to battle against The Risen and Zhaitan. She kept this role for a few years before being sent to Maguuma to face Mordremoth in 1328AE, where she acquired the ability to become a Revenant.

For example, currently my Guardian is 28 years old as a character. If I decide to play my personal story, is he magically 25 again via some kind of time travel? No. Its just a part of the story that takes place at a different time. A prequel if you will.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Revenants aren’t new. They’re called Ritualists, and Tyrians have been communicating with the mists since GW1.

Now, the magic Rytlock uses is considered new because he has the ability to literally conjure Glint as a projectile.

Technically, “Herald” is the new magic.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadowulph.4586

Shadowulph.4586

Love all the responses but I like Argon.1563 the best, never thought of it that way. I am all about the story for all my toons just could not come up with a viable one for my Revenant! Keep the ideas coming I love them all!