Revenant, last played class?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Hi guys!
Well i’m just here for answering you something, that make some time that i see very little revenants and that’s a huge change with the release of the expansion where revenant where everywhere. Are you seeing far less revenants in yours servors too?
Are you goint to justify this fact by the fact that revenant isn’t a finished class and seems odd with some legends and traitlines? (i stopped playing revenant myself when i realise that the class is broken and that we can have a lot more fun playing an elementalist or an engineer)
What are you thinking of the actual situation of the class?

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

they were nerfed to oblivion thats why

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I think rev forum is dead (like what.. 3 regular posters? lol) as for in game ~2 weeks ago before i completely stopped logging in i could count revs in wvw on one hand in zergs, there wasnt many revs in HoT zones either and spvp.. i would place them at 5th spot in population.

Overall yes, just like our forum rev seems to be dead. Im not surprised tho, how long you can really run the same weapons and utility skills while being bugged as kitten at same time?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I see at least one REV in every sPvP match i play. Granted i dont play a lot since Season 2 but still. They do exist.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Even with the nerf you can see them running everywhere.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I think you’ll find a lot of what turns people off from Revenant isn’t the revenant itself, but also the amount of investment in older characters. Starting totally fresh for many people has proven to be a very un-fun chore, especially if fresh world completion and so on isn’t really your cup of tea. Personally, it has put a damper on my “willingness” to reroll anything because trying to unlock elites from a totally fresh character isn’t overly fun, though, in most cases, required, and i know it is for Revenants.

Just some food for thought. Work, old character investments, uniqueness of the class and how utilities work. It was bound to even out eventually, and unfortunately might even be under par because starting fresh feels like a barrier of entry that people can avoid by just playing their mains. I highly double it’s all because they were nerfed out of the Raiding meta, which isn’t even for a majority of players anyways.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I think rev forum is dead (like what.. 3 regular posters? lol) as for in game ~2 weeks ago before i completely stopped logging in i could count revs in wvw on one hand in zergs, there wasnt many revs in HoT zones either and spvp.. i would place them at 5th spot in population.

Overall yes, just like our forum rev seems to be dead. Im not surprised tho, how long you can really run the same weapons and utility skills while being bugged as kitten at same time?

Would be 4 if I wasn’t busy in RL ;p. I’m not seeing as many revenants when I play too.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Would be 4 if I wasn’t busy in RL ;p. I’m not seeing as many revenanta when I play too.

Haha and would be 5 for the same thing here, too bussy. At least for PvP it’s because there are much better classes for solo play, and easier to use than Revs.
For PvE, well it’s probably because the only viable build or the one people want in their groups is the boon bot that Glint is, since the dps got hit quite bad. Wasting energy to make up for that is not an option with this class.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in Revenant

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I think it’s a mix of FotM dying down and the nerfs. When HoT came out, Revenant was new, everybody wanted to try it and play it some. It was also pretty strong, at least in PvE (and WvW with the hammer for zerging).

Now they nerfed it quite a bit to a point where I don’t find it that much fun anymore in PvE (I really liked the hammer because it was decent ranged DPS for PvE with CoR and double hits), it was degraded to Boonbot status and I much rather play my Tempest again, because I can do so much for my party/squad and wreak havoc with awesome fire effects.

Add that to the fact that half the class is effectively broken still (and was broken further with the sword changes, 2 and 3 are awful), which was ignored and overshadowed by the novelty of a new class for a while, and I’d say those are the reasons, at least for me.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I still see many Revenants around. Numbers obviously decreased after re-roll folk has jumped on other bandwagons.

As for forum activity…There isn’t really much left to discuss or debate on. Most of the problems has been diagnosed in BWEs and shortly after HoT launch and are waiting to be fixed. Many of us have written pages of feedback, but looking at the sheer scope of last “major” balance patch for Revenant, I’m not sure if we should bother posting about any problems.

And even if, Reddit seems to be much better place, having replaced official forums as a platform where Devs communicate with players.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

Yes. I have always shared your opinion on revenant Burtnik. The revenant is broken and pretty boring (only 3 legends usable and ower best legend is boonbot). That’s why i have moved on other class and knowing the LOOOOOONG time anet put to rework things revenant still not being a complete class till one year at best. I think this, with the hard nerf of the shield make people leave the class. I mean every other class is actually more dynamic or fun than a revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I disagree. Revenant is for me the second more fun clase to play at the moment and I like them even over my main, albeit I’m still using Guardian the most due Revs are hard to master and I’m more confident using DH.

Revs are really a beast in PvP and really strong in PvE (sorry, I usted to love WvW but now that game mode is dead). My only complaint so far is the lack of underwater skills (they should AT LEAST merge the uw skills to fill the empty legend, if Anet doesn’t want to develope new ones). I even bought the Foefire’s precursor despite the should nerf and I would trade the Guarddian’s shield skills for the Rev ones any time of the day.

(edited by Buran.3796)

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

I was a die-hard Revenant and still am passionate about the class. But I flat out quit and went full time Engineer some time back because a certain gameplay effecting bug hasn’t been fixed and doesn’t seem to be getting any attention from not only the developers but also the community. My plans were to switch back once it has been fixed but I’m now so invested in my Engineer that I don’t see it happening.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Revenant

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

I think you’ll find a lot of what turns people off from Revenant isn’t the revenant itself, but also the amount of investment in older characters. Starting totally fresh for many people has proven to be a very un-fun chore, especially if fresh world completion and so on isn’t really your cup of tea. Personally, it has put a damper on my “willingness” to reroll anything because trying to unlock elites from a totally fresh character isn’t overly fun, though, in most cases, required, and i know it is for Revenants.

Just some food for thought. Work, old character investments, uniqueness of the class and how utilities work. It was bound to even out eventually, and unfortunately might even be under par because starting fresh feels like a barrier of entry that people can avoid by just playing their mains. I highly double it’s all because they were nerfed out of the Raiding meta, which isn’t even for a majority of players anyways.

This was my main concern as well, I’m not one for having multiple characters that I play. I almost always stick to one and go with it. So just thinking about having to get all hearts, vistas, POI seems like a lot of work. But I decided to give it a try, I remembered auto loot and gliding apply to new chars as well so that definitely makes life easier. I hope it’s something that has long term potential in raids and FOTM. I’m enjoying using S/S, really wish they gave them pistols as well though. They seem like a class that falls between a warrior and thief.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Rev’s play a lot different than other classes. It takes some getting used to, but its solid. They also have wierd flavor. drawing on the power of legendary heroes isn’t usually the sort of fantasy-class people pick off the top of their head. That said. Gameplay is cool, style is cool, and once you figure it out the flavor is pretty cool too. More people should play them.

Oh also they’re HoT only, so the F2P crowd won’t comment, care, or theorize about them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

I tried revenant leveled it to 80 in few days but got bored of it i am not a fan of hammer models and the playstyle of revenant for me was boring as hell and it did not help when there is so few utility stuff compared to older characters but mostly its the playstyle that i didn’t like or really understood it just felt boring.

in Revenant

Posted by: redspartanred.1450

redspartanred.1450

Anet should’ve just added the Ritualist instead of this buggy, broken, boring, lackluster class. Don’t get me wrong I played the rev a lot at first. I even got map completion with my rev along with completing both HOT and the GW2 core story. I also played a lot of pvp and wvw with my rev, but this class does’t have much utility variations to work with and it’s mechanics quickly became boring to me.

(edited by redspartanred.1450)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Anet should’ve just added the Ritualist instead of this buggy, broken, boring, lackluster class. Don’t get me wrong I played the rev a lot at first. I even got map completion with my rev along with completing both HOT and the GW2 core story. I also played a lot of pvp and wvw with my rev, but this class does’t have much utility variations to work with and it’s mechanics quickly became boring to me.

It’s soooo boring and broken yet you took the time to do total map completion and even finished the core story…… <sarcasm on> Yeah, sounds like you got real bored of it quickly…… <sarcasm off>.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I tried revenant leveled it to 80 in few days but got bored of it i am not a fan of hammer models and the playstyle of revenant for me was boring as hell and it did not help when there is so few utility stuff compared to older characters but mostly its the playstyle that i didn’t like or really understood it just felt boring.

It’s quite the opposite for me. I tried playing some of my other classes again but seem to find them boring compared to Rev’s. However, I don’t stick to just only 2 Legends and never change them. With the exception of Ventari, I actually switch them out frequently. Perhaps that was your problem? You stuck to only 2?

Also, there are other weapons available to Rev’s than hammer.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Personally I’ve been loving my Rev. Then agian I used to play a war as a main since launch so I’m kinda used to my best stuff geting nerfed or broken all the time. Like lonewolf I swap my legends around all the time. Dragon tends to always be on my bar but Shiro, Jalis and Mallax all get cycled through the other slot depending on the situation. Ventari rarely gets love unless I need to make use of the projectile destruction beyond what hammer has.

My bigest gripes are that they still haven’t gotten more than 2 of our legends working underwater and quite a few skills tend to glitch out on terrain. Jallis’s hammers give a surprising amount of healing when your sweaping them through a pack when traited in devastation. Unfortunately they will sometimes die on flat terain for no reason and hills are dangerous haveing your constant stream of healing sudenly shutoff without warning. Also it goes without saying every body thats played a Rev for long has experienced UA freaking out and doing nothing useful.

I’d be pretty happy if they at least fixed dragon stance underwater and made our skills a bit less sensitive to terrain. A second ranged option wouldn’t go amiss but I can cope with hammer as is.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Looking at latest Mike post im 100% sure that nothing will be done at all to improve revenant. But hey, theres Dark Souls 3 in april. All aboard the hype train.
Greatsword/dagger ftw

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Looking at latest Mike post im 100% sure that nothing will be done at all to improve revenant. But hey, theres Dark Souls 3 in april. All aboard the hype train.
Greatsword/dagger ftw

Really looking forward to DkS3. Can’t wait.

And then there’s also Overwatch coming out soon, so that’ll be fun too.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Greatsword/dagger ftw

Really looking forward to DkS3. Can’t wait.

And then there’s also Overwatch coming out soon, so that’ll be fun too.

I spoiled major thing for me by accident about dark souls already.. But then again i think its a epic stuff and the battle is incredible. Cant w8 to die over and over like a scrub lol. Either way its time to move now bc this game slowly sinking. No new legendaries, no rev mist weapons from beta, unfinished contest, rushed class, rushed story, powercreep (elite specs), joke called wvw, 25fps gameplay in events…

It’s time to let it go and abandon the ship for something else. There is no hope. Many games coming this year like “For Honor”.

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

What did you expect? It was sure. They haven’t give the half of the content they have promised for HOT. And with more hurry stuff like WvW update or LS3 revenant is not getting improvment since 2 years at better.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I know it was “sure”, Roy in our forum was nothing but PR kitten for me the whole time. Nothing personal against him but thats a reality really.