Revenant queastions

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Hi guys
I am on and off GW2 from complete start. Was gone for almost a year but came back month ago and bought HoT. I am quite familiar with the game, except for Revenant
As for now I am happy with my Chronomancer&Reaper nad playing Chrono a LOT, however – I do not like my WAR – Berserker elite spec did not hit it for me ….
This means I have one set of heavy ascended armor unused and looking for options. Guard is not playable for me (cannot play class without passive movement buff). So I think about creating Revenant.

On the paper I like the mechanic – sorta…
I really like Glint with option to run buffs for upkeep.
On the other side I am not sure how it works in combat? Do I have to use autoattack like 80% of the time? It would be boring for me.
Also – hammer as ranged weapon – is it viable? seems quite slow to me?

My idea was to run Sw/Ax + Hammer for open world. (Glint+something).

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Same case here. I tried revenant mechanic, fell in love with it and moved all my ascended gear on him.

Sadly, it got boring very fast. Aside AA, which is used 99% of the time, you use 2nd skill. Then move to Shiro for extra AA speed and when run out of energy switch back to Glint for Signet of Nature, Might and perhaps Protection(Ult).

Class, as of now has the lowest skill elo and its most boring one after guardian staff.

This is mostly because class itself is not finished, has many bugs making 50% of skills not working correctly, energy use is not balanced. Some skills are not even finished(Ventari for example, complete mess).

Even thou DPS Herald with sword has good idea, ppl AA most of the time because giant dps loss through animations and low dps on skills such as 3, while cost is too big(again energy problem).

Other than perma swiftness boost and 2 emergency heals, class is literally unfinished boredom.

My advice, until class is polished which could take up to year, stay on berserker. You can make revenant and play with it, but don’t expect much, at least for now.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Thanx a lot.
I will stay away from Revenant for now – enjoying my Mesmer now so much anyway…

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I disagree with Tokyo on a lot of points. However, I have to conceed that there are aspects where the class needs some serious work.

Sword AA (+2 when available) is indeed your best source of DPS, but like Mesmers, Revenants are rarely brought into groups for their DPS capabilities. Raiders bring along Revenants for their buffs and for their hard-hitting CC abilities, which can prove crucial in certain encounters. If you intend to raid with your Mesmer, you will find yourself in a subgroup with a Revenant more often than not, as the synergy between the two classes can prove extremely beneficial to your group.

Glint is indeed, the primary stance of most Revenants and your friendly Mesmer will likely want you to maintain Facet of Nature for as much of the fight as possible, while the rest of the group will be pleased with Facet of Darkness. Facet of Elements > Elemental Blast is a DPS increase and should be used whenever possible. Light and Strength can be useful too, but in some situations they are either superfluous or detrimental, so use your discretion.

Your secondary stance depends on preference and situation. Most raid-Revenants will use Mallyx or Jalis (Mallyx provides a leap skill I find very useful in certain fights) but PvP Revenants default to Shiro. Ventari needs a lot of love.

I’d also like to point out that certain skills are not intended to be pure DPS skills. Sword three, for instance, is an evade that puts pressure on enemies. It is fantastic in PvP. Likewise, the most common secondary weapon for Revenants at the moment is the staff, and this is primarily for its 5 ability, which is a brilliant breakbar-busting CC move.

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

I disagree with Tokyo on a lot of points. However, I have to conceed that there are aspects where the class needs some serious work.

Sword AA (+2 when available) is indeed your best source of DPS, but like Mesmers, Revenants are rarely brought into groups for their DPS capabilities. Raiders bring along Revenants for their buffs and for their hard-hitting CC abilities, which can prove crucial in certain encounters. If you intend to raid with your Mesmer, you will find yourself in a subgroup with a Revenant more often than not, as the synergy between the two classes can prove extremely beneficial to your group.

Glint is indeed, the primary stance of most Revenants and your friendly Mesmer will likely want you to maintain Facet of Nature for as much of the fight as possible, while the rest of the group will be pleased with Facet of Darkness. Facet of Elements > Elemental Blast is a DPS increase and should be used whenever possible. Light and Strength can be useful too, but in some situations they are either superfluous or detrimental, so use your discretion.

Your secondary stance depends on preference and situation. Most raid-Revenants will use Mallyx or Jalis (Mallyx provides a leap skill I find very useful in certain fights) but PvP Revenants default to Shiro. Ventari needs a lot of love.

I’d also like to point out that certain skills are not intended to be pure DPS skills. Sword three, for instance, is an evade that puts pressure on enemies. It is fantastic in PvP. Likewise, the most common secondary weapon for Revenants at the moment is the staff, and this is primarily for its 5 ability, which is a brilliant breakbar-busting CC move.

Thank you , you said most of the stuff I was thinking . Revenant is favourite class by far , though I tend to play most quite often . For open world PvE , Glint + Shiro is great for traversing longer distances with Phase Traversal. In high end fractals Revs are extremely strong too – capable of bringing a lot to the group , adapting based on composition . Just because most people tend to stick to 1 legend primarily, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. Your team is lacking boo strip / condi clear? Go Malyx and its all good. No projectiles blocking ? No problem – whip out Ventari and its all good. No Mesmer in group ? Go Shiro for personal quickness + 1 more strong breakbar breaker; need more sustain – turn on Jalis. With that being said Glint is too good to pass on . You can do a lot of thing , you just have to manage your energy well and know your skills and when to use them. A good revenant is a game changer . And , like saviour mentioned Revs are great in PvP.

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I advise using all white gear if you are about to play bugged and unfinished class. Just my 2 cents.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I’ve got close to 1000 hours on rev (i have two) and its my main class at the moment. I’ve pushed this class to its limits and have soloed many champs in HOT no problem. I’ve even soloed a few dungeons and fractal on just rev.

In spvp revs are one of the top classes and are brought in every pro league tournament. They are also very valued in wvw for their monster hammer dps amongst other things like their ability to gap close using their teleport skill. The rotation isn’t the most complex, but that just means your free to preform all sorts of crazy moves to both survive and deal damage.

Revenant queastions

in Revenant

Ryouzanpaku.1273

It is good to hear there are pople who like Revenant
I still have urge to try it – but as I do not want to delete any of my current toons and do not have free slot…. well

However I was looking at some videos and it seemed to me gameplay looks like this:

In Glint 90% of the time running upkeep on 3 buffs.
Using sword/x + hammer or staff.
Spamming autoattack 90% of the time.

When something goes south then use other skills then 1, deplete energy pool, switch to other legend, turn on some huge upkeep skill and switch back to Glint ASAP.

Seems quite plain to me? At least compared to Mesmer I play now almost exclusively.
(When compared to WAR I have played before it is probably on-par.)

Still thinking about trying it though – there are times when I would like to relax a bit instead of concentrating on perfect timing.