Revenant's DPS (PvE but relevant for anyone)

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I know that we haven’t seen the “damage” weapon/legend (Shiro or Glint) but I thought it would be still interesting to get a first DPS estimate of the class. Before getting into the results, it strikes me that we have almost no damage modifiers. While we would expect to find most of them in the “shiro” trait line, I am very surprised that the “Invocation” line has almost only support traits. But this being said here are the rough DPS estimate (just in case: mistakes are human)

• Hammer: 3750 if melee, 5100 if full range. The rotation is simply AA and 2 as soon as off-CD
  • Staff: 4500. The rotation is AA and 5 as soon as off-CD. This is very optimistic because the 9 hits of 5 rarely work perfectly and the knock-back is not desirable in PvE. With AA only, the DPS is 4000.
  • Mace-Axe: very approximately 5600 (berserker better than condi-gear assuming non-moving enemies), using axe skills off-CD.

So, even if more damage multipliers pop out of the missing trait lines (and one could expect that), it is clear that the damages are underwhelming. I think anyone who played today felt that. Considering that staff is supposed to be a “support” weapon, the low DPS is ok, but mace is very weak as a melee weapon and does not apply nearly enough condition damage.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aguasatori.7236

Aguasatori.7236

Your hammer and staff calculations match my experience. I did not try out Mace-Axe as I generally dislike conditions. I’ll certainly give it a spin with zerk gear now.

Borlis Pass
[SBZY] Guild Leader

in Revenant

Posted by: Lyrael.5803

Lyrael.5803

Yeah, dps feels very lacking at the moment. The mace has potential but skill #2 has a really long cast time. If anything it should be similar to ele’s lava font cast time. Overall, it just does not feel on par with the other professions as of right now. Ironically, the weapon that is meant for healing feels more powerful dps wise to me as the skills feel more responsive than mace. Hammer has some nice fx but it restricts the class to range to be more effective as there is no weapon swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

man, i’ve been using mace 2 and 3 to try to give area might, i didn’t know that I was actually hurting my dps!

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

Well if you are in a group who does not provide might, it may benefit the group DPS more than it reduces yours. But in general, PvE or PvP, I agree with Lyrael that the cast time of the fire field is too long. In PvP, I only saw it interesting as a pre-engage skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Do you have a list of cast times and coefficients for the skills? What assumptions are these numbers generated using? Might stacks, Vulnerability etc.?

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

I did check the coefficients that were on wiki for hammer, mace and axe and added those for staff. I did a very rough cast time estimate (averaged over 10 to 20 casts) and it was not that different from the sum of official cast times. I assume 25 might stacks, fury, banners. I do not pretend my numbers are very accurate, for example I did not include the vengeful hammers which add a small DPS, nor using any utility for that matter (in principle, mallyx can do some damage although I don’t actually think it is a DPS increase especially since all weapons perform better in berserker). I did not include the crit chance which increases over time because it is non trivial to compute (and we already have high crit)

in Revenant

Knox.8962

I haven’t verified cast times yet, although I did record all of the attacks to pull apart on video tomorrow.

If your numbers are correct, and you are assuming might, fury, banners and vulnerability, that would mean that revenants are doing less than 1/3 of the damage of the top DPS classes.

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

With those numbers, they would be a clear worst DPS of all professions. But we know the DPS weapon, DPS legend and DPS trait line will be coming. A damage-oriented melee weapon set, some damage modifiers and a boost from Anet and everything will look very different. That’s why I think it is too early to try going for accurate calculations. Everyone is complaining about damage currently, so they will most likely boost DPS (except if we all missed something in the class design). I was mostly disappointed over mace-axe which should be the best condition DPS weapons of the revenant but feel very weak.

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

yes, the revenant feels very underwhelming. The only damage skill that actually left an impression were those rotating hammers.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

With those numbers, they would be a clear worst DPS of all professions. But we know the DPS weapon, DPS legend and DPS trait line will be coming. A damage-oriented melee weapon set, some damage modifiers and a boost from Anet and everything will look very different. That’s why I think it is too early to try going for accurate calculations. Everyone is complaining about damage currently, so they will most likely boost DPS (except if we all missed something in the class design). I was mostly disappointed over mace-axe which should be the best condition DPS weapons of the revenant but feel very weak.

The problem is, you are supposed to be able to do damage while supporting. If I can’t pump out DPS with staff while using Ventari legend, I’m essentially a support bot instead of being a damage dealing support.

Are the numbers untuned? Probably.

Is Anet going about the Revenant the wrong way? I’m not sure holding back the revenant DPS and buffing it to other core specs is the way to go, but to each their own.

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Revenants currently doing roughly 45% of the dps even the second lowest DPS dealing class currently is..

That’s shameful and poor.

Revenants insanely unbalanced, and albeit we haven’t seen the other 2 legends or traits, as it is now, the class is just kittenpoor and needs changing, bad. The damage is horrible.

Looks good on paper, fails miserably in execution.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Meridya.9352

Meridya.9352

I did check the coefficients that were on wiki for hammer, mace and axe and added those for staff. I did a very rough cast time estimate (averaged over 10 to 20 casts) and it was not that different from the sum of official cast times. I assume 25 might stacks, fury, banners. I do not pretend my numbers are very accurate, for example I did not include the vengeful hammers which add a small DPS, nor using any utility for that matter (in principle, mallyx can do some damage although I don’t actually think it is a DPS increase especially since all weapons perform better in berserker). I did not include the crit chance which increases over time because it is non trivial to compute (and we already have high crit)

Did you take into account the Invocation Grandmaster trait, Roiling Mists, that makes fury provide 50% crit chance increase instead of 20%?

in Revenant

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

1: We don’t know the DPS legend
2: Every weaponset we currently have is tied to the legends we currently have

The hammer is the fitting weapon for Jalis, while axe/mace is somwhat a condi weapon.
You are basically throwing a staff guardian in zerker gear and expect it to do good damage. No wonder that doesn’t work. You can’t judge the overall DPS right now.

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Then they should have waited longer on this faux-beta. Being PVE only I did not have much reason to play as a Rev. I’ll play it when its finished thanks.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Knox.8962

Using 2.0 for the staff AA chain and 1.75 for staff #5 cast times, I’m coming up with 6420 DPS for a fully buffed (25 Vulnerability, 25 might, banners, fury (with the 50% increase), and food + dungeon potion) 100% ascended zerker Revenant.

Compare that to 17600 DPS for an equally loaded out Engineer. I realize that we’re missing a trait tree still, but to do 35% of the damage of the top tier DPS classes is a bit silly.

Comparing it to a more support oriented weapon set (Hammer + Mace/Torch on a Guardian) the Hammer/Mace guardian can crank out about 13400 DPS in full buffs. which is more than double the damage of what the Rev’s staff is capable of currently.

I’ll post some more numbers later after I’ve done the math for Revenant Hammer and Mace.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

1: We don’t know the DPS legend
2: Every weaponset we currently have is tied to the legends we currently have

The hammer is the fitting weapon for Jalis, while axe/mace is somwhat a condi weapon.
You are basically throwing a staff guardian in zerker gear and expect it to do good damage. No wonder that doesn’t work. You can’t judge the overall DPS right now.

No thats not fair comparison because revenants have 3 weapon sets atm not just 1, Though a guardian might not do optimal dps with a sword or hammer the only actual bad dps weapon is staff, revenant weapon sets are incredibly weak atm since they dont perform much better than each other. Its like they decided to give them the bad weaponsets of each class (mesmer GS= hammer, warrior sword/sword = mace/axe, warrior hammer= staff) except that they are even worse because of no weapon exclusive traits/damage modifier.

in Revenant

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The top DPS classes are a bit silly at the moment. The damage of those classes needs to go down LOL

in Revenant

Posted by: healerarina.8201

healerarina.8201

I also feel that currently the Revenant has really low dps. Though it seems to have higher tankiness than guard or warrior, but the lack of DPS isn’t making up the difference, so far.

I like the staff, but I wish we had a better main had than mace.

The Mallyx legend seems like it could be powerful, but it just doesn’t show.

Overall, I wish that the rev had a bit higher damage output.

in Revenant

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

From my play through I enjoyed Mace/Axe due to the conditions and overall ability to rift enemies together.

I can get around pretty well in a fight with that, then use the conditions on me against them.

Hammer was my go-to standard weapon for the past two days (well 1 and a half I guess right now). Nice and ranged, satisfying hits at times, and I’ll probably keep that as my standard when this eventually launches.

Staff was, well interesting is one way to put it, but disappointing would be the more accurate way.
Even the Guardian lootstick feels like it does better damage, though I don’t have all the numbers to back it up.

I played Silverwastes with it, going into the middle of a mob and trying to do something of worth. Aside from skill 5 getting me out of there, I couldn’t enjoy the play with it.

All the weapons do need a DPS boost somehow. As a person who usually plays solo, I’m going to find some difficulty enjoying this profession compared to my others.

When it comes to the legends, I like Jalis because of the stability.
I tried playing as Mallyx, which is where my solo fun really got enjoyment.
Then the knockback from various mordrem mobs made me swing back to Jalis.

As for Ventauri, I honestly don’t know what to do with it.
Even when I ran around with random folks as a group, it felt like I wasn’t doing a thing to contribute anywhere.
Maybe the idea is to use this with a more coordinated group?
I have no idea, but I do know I kept forgetting where the tablet was and stopped caring after a while.

I guess this is why I don’t care much for some ground targeting things.
In PVE everyone zerks out, kills stuff, then runs to the next location.
By the time you get things set up for Ventauri to be useful, half the mobs are dead, and the group has moved on.

Ironically for a more static game like GW1 I could see how Ventari would have been a godsend, but with the run and gun nature this game has at times I’m going to skip on the Centaur.

Overall I hope for Shiro to be the DPS we need and deserve.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Revenant

Knox.8962

5897 DPS for the Hammer Rev when fully buffed.

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

At range or not for hammer?
(I did not include 25% from vulnerability nor food, may explain most of the differences).

in Revenant

Knox.8962

Calculated at max range. Using 1.25s cast for the AA, 1s for Hammer 2, and 2s for Hammer 5.

The autoattack is pathetically weak.

in Revenant

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

The top DPS classes are a bit silly at the moment. The damage of those classes needs to go down LOL

I know right I’m soooo tired of my characters actually being powerful!

in Revenant

Posted by: Craziv.7915

Craziv.7915

I agry with the DPS output thats very low even with full Berserker gear.
As support Revenant is nice right now with healing gear and staff. (i play WvW most times)

before i say this ;
i know this class isn’t full right now at the beta, but i hope this thinks will come.
At the moment Revenant missing alot:

What i missing are, good effective skill 1. hits.
Hammer is slow and need to target someone before you can hit (useless in WvW) so only skill 2. for hammer is effective for that.

Staff is nice but got a normal hit nothing special and hit very low.

Mace skill 1. is nice but hits so low damage output because its condition based.
(i don’t have exact damage output numbers but im 100% sure this damage is low instead of others).

Also Swiftness!
Every class is able to get swiftness in his own way, but this class don’t have it at the moment.

Also other boons and more stun breakers.

agian, i hope this class will be good afther the upcomming weapons for revenant
but at the moment its only usefull in the support way.

PS:
I guess ArenaNet made them low damage output right now because they don’t want thinks like : Pay and be good. so they need to see how they running and rebalanceing when its fully done.

(edited by Craziv.7915)