Revenant starting level

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

Hello!
Could someone tell me at what level revenant starts – at 1 as every other class do or at 80?

I already have few 80 and I dunno if I wanna level up another one again

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Lv1 as everyone

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

1, just like everyone else, they are essentially just a new class, not a “hero” class like WoW or the “additional jobs” in FFXIV

if you have a scroll of xp you can use that to level to 20 or 30, and there are an additional 10 (16 if you choose the experince reward) tomes of xp available before HoT launches

plus, you can get 10.5 levels leveling a craft up to 400 if you have an xp booster

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

thank you a lot, guys

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

It should be level 55 like Death Knights with its own story instance from the past, where parts is from the Mists and how you make it out from there.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

It should be level 55 like Death Knights with its own story instance from the past, where parts is from the Mists and how you make it out from there.

While I approve of this idea, they would have less than 4 weeks for implementing this. They need the voice actors for every race and gender and they have to design a story instance in the mists, which would take quite some time.

So, I pretty much think that’s not going to happen.

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

(edited by Kaligos.7285)

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

While I approve of this idea, they would have less than 4 weeks for implementing this. For starters, in which area should they start? Should they design one starter area just for revenants? That would take some time. And how do you explain their life before becoming a revenant? Also, they need all the voice actors for every race and gender.

Where do elementalists start ?

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

While I approve of this idea, they would have less than 4 weeks for implementing this. For starters, in which area should they start? Should they design one starter area just for revenants? That would take some time. And how do you explain their life before becoming a revenant? Also, they need all the voice actors for every race and gender.

Where do elementalists start ?

Where everyone else starts based on the selection of your race?

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Everything they’ve indicated pretty much shows that Revenants will be absolutely no different than any other class/story/experience in the game. You’ll still have to do 1-80. You’ll still start in your racial starting instance. You’ll still do everything as normal. For level specifically, Roy mentioned he had a scroll/tomes ready so that pretty much confirms 1-80 leveling.

Your two choices are do what most of us plan to do, just not think about it, or if you’re some kinda roleplayer then think of some kinda reason or something.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Everything they’ve indicated pretty much shows that Revenants will be absolutely no different than any other class/story/experience in the game. You’ll still have to do 1-80. You’ll still start in your racial starting instance. You’ll still do everything as normal. For level specifically, Roy mentioned he had a scroll/tomes ready so that pretty much confirms 1-80 leveling.

Your two choices are do what most of us plan to do, just not think about it, or if you’re some kinda roleplayer then think of some kinda reason or something.

I’m personally going to assume that either 1-point of no return was a flashback and I was doing stuff as a necro the whole time, or 1-ponr was a fractal and was a training excersise after becoming a revenant (as in, I did 1-ponr as a necro, became a revenant, then relived 1-ponr again as a “what if?” scenario to get experience)

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Hello!
Could someone tell me at what level revenant starts – at 1 as every other class do or at 80?

I already have few 80 and I dunno if I wanna level up another one again

Level 1

This weekend is a Beta weekend. You can make a Revenant and you will be instant 80 with boxes full of level 80 exotic gear to equip with selectable stats.

I would suggest trying it out that way if you like it, you will get some drive and motivation to level to 80 after release. also if you have experience tomes, use them.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

If you aren’t opposed to some grinding, you will be fortunate that the Halloween event and expansion are coming at the same time. You can take your new revenant down to the mad king’s labyrinth (assuming it makes a return) and follow the event train. Last year I was able to reach lvl 80 really fast on a new mesmer, and make lots of gold doing so.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

If you aren’t opposed to some grinding, you will be fortunate that the Halloween event and expansion are coming at the same time. You can take your new revenant down to the mad king’s labyrinth (assuming it makes a return) and follow the event train. Last year I was able to reach lvl 80 really fast on a new mesmer, and make lots of gold doing so.

Or Masteries…:)

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

Or Masteries…:)

Ah, yes that is true as well! Although, Masteries are split between ones you advance in HOT content XP and the original areas XP. Will the labyrinth be considered as one of the original areas since it is holiday content?

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Revenants will start at level 1 like any other character.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Out of curiosity, we know their starting legend will be Jalis, but what about the weapon? Will it be sword or something else? New characters usually start with the most simple/straightforward kind of weapon which in this case I think it’s sword for revenant.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: blokejoe.6590

blokejoe.6590

Roy,
hows the Retribution Grand master trait coming.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Out of curiosity, we know their starting legend will be Jalis, but what about the weapon? Will it be sword or something else? New characters usually start with the most simple/straightforward kind of weapon which in this case I think it’s sword for revenant.

Currently it’s set to mace. It could go either way between sword and mace though.

Roy,

It’s done internally.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

I love you for this Roy. Mace is so much more fun than sword anyway~

PS: Any chance Mace might get its power scaling tuned up a bit? I actually really enjoyed using it on a power set, but I felt like I was gimping myself despite the easy mightstacking

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: blokejoe.6590

blokejoe.6590

Currently it’s set to mace. It could go either way between sword and mace though.

Roy,

It’s done internally.

this is AWESOME YOU ROCK!! thank you.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Roy,

It’s done internally.

I would recommend going with sword given the efficiency of condies on a lower level and the power scaling of the mace.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Sword can make newcomers absolutely fall in love with the class once the skill 3 is unlocked. I know anime fans will definitely love it xD

However, on the other hand… the auto attack doesnt look as neat and cool as other AA’s and neither does Skill 2 so… Mace in that regard would look cooler. I guess it comes down to what a newcomer will find most useful in PVE at first.

So with that said… my vote for starting weapon is Staff! It’s fantastic for PVE, all the attacks look really cool, and I’m pretty sure Ranger starts with Longbow so I dont see a problem with setting it to a two handed

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Sword can make newcomers absolutely fall in love with the class once the skill 3 is unlocked. I know anime fans will definitely love it xD

However, on the other hand… the auto attack doesnt look as neat and cool as other AA’s and neither does Skill 2 so… Mace in that regard would look cooler. I guess it comes down to what a newcomer will find most useful in PVE at first.

So with that said… my vote for starting weapon is Staff! It’s fantastic for PVE, all the attacks look really cool, and I’m pretty sure Ranger starts with Longbow so I dont see a problem with setting it to a two handed

I agree with staff being the starter option. It provides moderate damage and a bit of sustain which teaches revenant newcomers that they have to keep moving to get the benefits from the get go.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I love you for this Roy. Mace is so much more fun than sword anyway~

PS: Any chance Mace might get its power scaling tuned up a bit? I actually really enjoyed using it on a power set, but I felt like I was gimping myself despite the easy mightstacking

Yeah would be awesome for hybrid setups…just the scaling ^^

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

Not gonna lie…. I’m really hoping that the personal story is different for a rev and fits the lore and they are just waiting to surprise us with it.

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Not gonna lie…. I’m really hoping that the personal story is different for a rev and fits the lore and they are just waiting to surprise us with it.

Sorry to delude you not gonna happen for many reasons: time/cost, equality with other classes, the fact that personal story is only about our race/order choice, …
So yeah, 110% not gonna happen

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

Sorry to delude you not gonna happen for many reasons: time/cost, equality with other classes, the fact that personal story is only about our race/order choice, …

I don’t mind so much about that, in fact I think it wouldn’t make sense to let revs start at a higher level or have a different story. I just hope that they at least try to keep some semblance of continuity for revenant players going into HoT.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Floppy.4297

Floppy.4297

The Only thing that bugs me if the revenant starts at lvl 1…whats about Rytlock?^^
If Rytlock is the first revenant it would be odd if you start as a Charr Revenant and there he is “back” as a “normal” (but still more than awesome) being^^
Sorry if Off Topic

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Starting with Jalis and… a mace?

Erm… what? Why not make it just hammer then ?

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Starting with Jalis and… a mace?

Erm… what? Why not make it just hammer then ?

You usually start with MH weapons because you get an off-hand reward after the first story instance.

Also, at low levels, where gear with different stats comes and goes, no one will really care about jalis + mace.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The Only thing that bugs me if the revenant starts at lvl 1…whats about Rytlock?^^
If Rytlock is the first revenant it would be odd if you start as a Charr Revenant and there he is “back” as a “normal” (but still more than awesome) being^^
Sorry if Off Topic

I hear ya, sadly they can’t do much about this unless they make a addendum to the personal story. Since I am an Asura, I am just going to pretend I made a time machine and using the mists I went back in time like Back to the Future.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Sorry if Off Topic

I hear ya, sadly they can’t do much about this unless they make a addendum to the personal story. Since I am an Asura, I am just going to pretend I made a time machine and using the mists I went back in time like Back to the Future.

+1 I have felt the exact same way! Cept I wont be an asura, I’ll probably be human but I hitched a ride in your time machine cause building my own is too much work.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

and I’m pretty sure Ranger starts with Longbow so I dont see a problem with setting it to a two handed

Ranger starts with an axe. :P
But I agree with you, staff is amazing, it is useful in every situation.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

and I’m pretty sure Ranger starts with Longbow so I dont see a problem with setting it to a two handed

Ranger starts with an axe. :P
But I agree with you, staff is amazing, it is useful in every situation.

No they changed it. It’s longbow now.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

You broke my immersion….and my heart. Rev isn’t equal anyway…. Rev is Charr Jesus. I will pay another $10 For a New Rev story……

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

You broke my immersion….and my heart. Rev isn’t equal anyway…. Rev is Charr Jesus. I will pay another $10 For a New Rev story……

sorry dude :-( but hey we are the teh coolestest and you can come up with something timey/wimey ala Doctor Who to justified it. I’ve give several time a nice explanation

TL;DR;
Rytlock teaches the “Rev way” to people in the Mists and send them back in time before personal story – a possibility in the realm of the Mists – with the raccomandation to do not disclose his identity before time, to avoid history modifications and such.
When you account for time travel, time is not a linear “street” but is way more complex. You can have a fact happening in a point of the time affecting things in the past, creating a loop.
With time travel Rytlock IS the first revenant and yet there can be revenant coming before him.

Not the perfect explanation, but a feasible one.

Doctor Who bit for reference :-D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdbLu_x0gY
(in the pc is running a static video, is not a video conference )

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

(edited by Gaaroth.2567)

Revenant starting level

in Revenant

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

I disagree. It’s not like Rytlock emerges from the Mists with an army of Revenants for us to play. The idea is he comes back to Tyria with new knowledge that he spreads around. In this way, new adventurers may become Revenants.

Treating Revenants as somehow different or special from the other classes would strictly be breaking lore.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant