Revenant sword 3 HAS to be changed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

This skill must have a skill compontent with it. Please let revenant be hit and CC’d while using it. Now its just facerolling to win and doing 1 million damage done in every arena. Revenant has no weaknesses. Can you imagine ranger hitting Rapid Fire and being invulnerable every time he hits it? There is no counterplay to this skill. There is also one flawed mechanic that it always strikes from the back so it gets the life steal from the trait resulting in it being an invulnerability heal highest damage skill in the game. Please do something about it. The invulnerability is dumb and unskillful/ not fun to play against. Let the revenant be damaged and controled during the duration of this skill – this will make setups valulable and it’s not like you can stunbreak it everytime when the skill has 8 seconds of cooldown.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

This skill must have a skill compontent with it. Please let revenant be hit and CC’d while using it. Now its just facerolling to win and doing 1 million damage done in every arena. Revenant has no weaknesses. Can you imagine ranger hitting Rapid Fire and being invulnerable every time he hits it? There is no counterplay to this skill. There is also one flawed mechanic that it always strikes from the back so it gets the life steal from the trait resulting in it being an invulnerability heal highest damage skill in the game. Please do something about it. The invulnerability is dumb and unskillful/ not fun to play against. Let the revenant be damaged and controled during the duration of this skill – this will make setups valulable and it’s not like you can stunbreak it everytime when the skill has 8 seconds of cooldown.

Yes you seems to have understand all about what revenant need (irony)

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

No. That was first iteration as in it was possible to hit and cc rev while doing this and the skill was basically useless.

There also is counterplay to it and rev does have weaknesses. Learn more about the class and level up your game instead of complaining without any merit whatsoever about a class about which you have no understanding.

It also doesn’t have 8s CD. Please L2P and this is an honest advice.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

Posted by: Draxx.1520

Draxx.1520

Unrelenting assault is extremely easy to counter, just double dodge, block, invuln, blink, stealth or any other of a gazillion ways to easily negate it. It is a l2p issue, you need to be on your toes so you are not caught off-guard, as with ANY OTHER hard-hitting skills of ANY class

GM of Ruthless

in Revenant

Posted by: midnight tea.3681

midnight tea.3681

I want to point out that while Revenant skills in general still need to be fine-tuned, being as the profession is brand new, the design of this skill could very well have the invulnerability in mind.

Something to keep in mind is that the Revenant player has no control over how that damage is divided among targets nor where their location will be when the skill ends, though I could be wrong there. In terms of counterplay that can understandably feel very frustrating to try and respond to but in terms of the bigger picture (i.e. its strategic worth beyond just a randomly distributed cluster of damage) it might still be balanced without changing its design in the way the OP is suggesting.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Yep, that how it was in BWE and the skill was basicly useless, even with its 10 second cd back then. It now has a 12 second cd, wich feels pretty good and if you paid attention to the game updates you would know they nerfed shiro’s teleport you can actually kite the #3 skill, if you know what you and the revenant are doing.

So far i’m seeing more and more people getting used to the revenant and its skills, even the baddies are adapting and thinking up combos they can do to completely nullify #3’s damage, even realizing you dont need to stop every #3, only at crucial times, so it hardly classifies as OP to me.

also, if you nerf this, then what does the rev has going for it on the sword set? autoattack you to death, sounds like fun gameplay yes indeed lol

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Skill is crap vs any sort of minion class and on 2+ targets.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Ah this discussion again… Number 1223?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Yup, every once in a while you get someone who feels powerless against sword #3, even though the burst is not even instant and has a cast time (hint hint ^^)

in Revenant

Posted by: MrHarses.6801

MrHarses.6801

+1 on L2P issue

in Revenant

Posted by: Kakuzu Akatsuki.9703

Kakuzu Akatsuki.9703

I would say to that ranger, nerf druid degen, energy out of combat is 50 always, adrenaline decrease out of combat , so that skill of druid is op, ir HAS to be changed!

in Revenant

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Easiest way to counter it: Stand by a wall.

Explanation: The skill stops as it can’t teleport around you because of the wall so they may get a few hits in but then get stuck in the mist animation for a second and you avoid ~60% of the damage. It also makes it safe for you to be ready with counter burst or CC.

in Revenant

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

It doesn’t need to be nerfed to the ground, but it most definitely should have taken that 15% dmg nerf not staff 5.

On top of a minor dmg loss, it should actually have the same counters that work against ANY OTHER SKILL IN THE GAME, aka BLINDING IT, porting away out of range, and hmm MAYBE DODGING THE FIRST HIT?! At least confusion actually works on it.

This is currently just free dmg and evade for pressing it on cd, and is one of the most broken things introduced to this game with HoT. Along with Scrapper’s free 500(lol…) toughness just for engaging in a fight.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Power Revenant has weakness, that is condis. And youre suggesting making it more skillful by allowing the rev to be cced, but the rev loses control of his char during this animation and it would be like a free cc window, hows that skillful. You counter it with a cd as this game is about trading cooldowns wisely (and no dont double dodge 1 UA)

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Literally nothing that you have said is true at all.

in Revenant

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I fought a mesmer and he blinks away and my rev was like where the heck is my target? guys Anet listened to us so please be mindful on what you say here Rev can be killed like a thief without a stealth just time your burst and don’t just spamm your skill like you are playing an old school korean MMO this is not ragnarok or WoW or whatever MMO that you played that only needs to spamm all of your skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Oh boy, another one of these threads. I’ma just educate you a bit on Revenant weaknesses:

1. Revenants have virtually zero condition removal. The two main ones are removal on Legend Swap and the Jalis heal. The way they manage conditions is we’re forced to go into Mallyx for Resistance but that is vulnerable to boon strip/corrupt. We basically get no way to remove boons. The alternative way is to use Infused Light to heal through them, but that’s only 3 seconds so sustained condition damage is unmanageable.

2. Revenants are all damage. Very few if any of our abilities do any kind of CC. We get a stun in Hammer. We get a chain knockback in Staff. A pull in OH Sword. We don’t really have any kind of way to really stop people from doing channels and the like. Most of our soft CC is a joke.

3. We also get very few ways to deal with CC. We get one stun break in Glint, one in Jalis, one in Shiro only which Shiro is “spammable” and the others have longer durations/recasts. We get almost no stability outside of dodge rolls. Heavy repeated CC can mitigate us pretty fast.

Essentially Revenants are an all damage/mobility class similar to the thief. The bulk of our damage negation comes from Crystal Hibernation, a block/heal, and Infused Light which people are still healing us off of because people don’t yet know what to look for. When they do it’ll be less of an issue. However if you try to barrel through the Revenant and just overpower it things won’t work well for you because they’re designed to counter that kind of game play.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It’s definitely next on the list … the issue is that it is actually a bit wonky to use without having an evade component since targets move (especially in HoT PvE) into very dangerous AoE areas which the Revenant has no control over. If the
upper end damage is reduced than the cooldown should be reverted back to 10s.

Honestly though, it’s kind of ineffective compared to many other Rev options once you get 3+ targets you are hitting (like Sword autotattack chain 3); if the game is built around team play, this ability isn’t all that powerful.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Bad OP is bad. The skill is fine, can be easily telegraphed if your actually paying attention to the fight you’re in. If a mob or another person adds to the fight the skills dps is cut in half. Please, please cut the crap and L2P!

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Right after BWE2 I made a suggestion that part of Unrelenting Assault’s damage should be moved to the last, 7th hit which would not only give it a little bit more counterplay but also impove damage on pimary target in teamfights.

After BWE3 changes, I said that increasing cd by 2s doesn’t fix much. Turns out I am right.

As for weaknesses – I’m amazed nobody has figured out yet that Revenant using this skill doesn’t have control in terms of his positioning. The primary target has it. Drag him out of teamfight, out of node to decap or to your allies so they can focus him right after and separate him from his allies.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Right after BWE2 I made a suggestion that part of Unrelenting Assault’s damage should be moved to the last, 7th hit which would not only give it a little bit more counterplay but also impove damage on pimary target in teamfights.

After BWE3 changes, I said that increasing cd by 2s doesn’t fix much. Turns out I am right.

I actually agree with your first change, but concluding that you’re right from the OP, who actually has several facts incorrect, or the few complainers, isn’t exactly a great way to push this idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I had no idea unrelenting assault always hits from behind! If that’s true I’m changing my traits up

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

back in BWE1 there wan’t invuln on it, and it was a gigantic SUICIDE button. In BWE2 they added invuln and in BWE3 they reiased the CD.

It’s totally fine actually. If you die for it is just your fault. Maybe don’t run marauders build with no stunbreak/block/invuln…where you’d be wrecked by mesmers or thieves anyway…
Rev is new, learn it and counter it like you have done on release with other classes.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

…. I write up walls of text all the time… but this si the first time I have gotten hit with a brick of text in my face.

Good Lord… There is so much wrong with this, I don’t even know where to begin….

This skill must have a skill compontent with it.

There is a skill component to this… and quiet a big one I might add. When you use this is just as if not more so important then how much damage it does.

Please let revenant be hit and CC’d while using it.

Tried that already in the Betas, and it didn’t work out well, made using the skill effetely a death sentence.

Revenant has no weaknesses.

… This is an Automated Massage, Fourm Member Sarif.1827 has been rushed to the hospital after suffering a minor stoke from laughing so hard. This Automatic Message service would also like to ask how this is hepful feedback? It also has nothing to do with UA.

Can you imagine ranger hitting Rapid Fire and being invulnerable every time he hits it? There is no counterplay to this skill.

Signet… of…. Stone… Much? Also, there is counter play, you’re choosing to ignore it to make your post. You can set up amazing burst combos on Revenants if you time it right.

There is also one flawed mechanic that it always strikes from the back so it gets the life steal from the trait resulting in it being an invulnerability heal highest damage skill in the game.

That trait, Assassin’s Annihilation, has a 1 sec ICD, and also works from the sides. Also, where are your evidence to prove this skill is the strongest in the game?

…and it’s not like you can stunbreak it everytime when the skill has 8 seconds of cooldown.

12 Seconds, thank you and what does Stun Breaks has to do with anything?

Here is where I would start giving you advice, but the devil on my shoulder has told me this post was made in a fit of rage over getting beaten in PvP, thus, this is very slanted feedback at best, and downright pointless feedback at worst.

Learn to fight a Revenant, it’s not any harder than fighting a Thief or a Mesmer, and hell, it might be easier now with the nerfs.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I love cats that post & run.

Thanks OP for knowing nothing.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert