Revenant - way of holding staff

in Revenant

Posted by: Kruczek.3865

Kruczek.3865

Hey guys!

First of all i want to say that i love Revenant, but i have just one cosmetic complaint.

Am i the only one who thinks that way of holding staff is just awkward? Revenant holds staff just like a hammer which looks strange to me. Couldn’t he just hold staff like all other classes – in one hand(while standing and running)?

in Revenant

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

yup totally agree

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Revenant

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The problem is that animations betweem “staff idle” and “melee 2h blunt” would not transition seamlessly. It’ll look awkward going from holding the staff with one hand to suddenly hitting while grabbing it with 2.

If you watch some combat bo videos on youtube you’ll see that the way the Revenant uses the staff isn’t too different from many strikes and techniques in real life. They probably based their animations on things like those.

Ideally, they’ll have an additional transition between “wielding staff idle” and “wielding staff in combat”. And look like Scholar professions while having the staff in their hands while out of combat, but grab it like a hammer after entering combat. Or at least have an idle animation in which they lean on the staff temporarily like humans scholars do all the time.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Revenant

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Human male idle staff animation looks silly for a melee weapon.

in Revenant

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I’m fine with a two handed grip, its a melee weapon after all.

My problem is that the hands never seem to leave the quarter points on the staff, so instead of striking a foe I’m just bopping them with the end, which in a funny way explains why it feels so freaking weak.

It desperately needs the striking animations reworked so it looks like your smashing someone with the darned thing.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon