Revenants are too weak to conditions

in Revenant

Posted by: Coolguy.8702

Coolguy.8702

I can understand the glint shiro build being weak to it because of all the sustain it has, though its kinda sad that a corruption mallyx build traited for resistance gets wrecked by just about every condi build in the game

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

How does that happen? Boon corruption?

You cannot just mindlessly facetank conditions and depend on resistance from start to end of engagement. You still need to be removing them or the second resistance drops you will explode.

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

most rev build heavily rely on dodging to avoid con

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

you can use blind with staff, 2 condi cleanse with staff, resistance from mallyx and build it up, shield block and heal. your heal skills very nice which heal more for every condition on you. dodge.

usually conditon build can hurt me unless they run with both power and conditions states

in Revenant

Coolguy.8702

you can use blind with staff, 2 condi cleanse with staff, resistance from mallyx and build it up, shield block and heal. your heal skills very nice which heal more for every condition on you. dodge.

usually conditon build can hurt me unless they run with both power and conditions states

That’s a kitten lie mate, yes you can build 10 seconds of resistance if u waste all your energy on pain absorbtion but then you’ll be very weak and once you swap legends The resistance will be removed as almost every build in the game has so much boon removal . People like you are the reason this class will never get fixed

(edited by Coolguy.8702)

in Revenant

messiah.1908

That’s a kitten lie mate, yes you can build 10 seconds of resistance if u waste all your energy on pain absorbtion but then you’ll be very weak and once you swap legends The resistance will be removed as almost every build in the game has so much boon removal . People like you are the reason this class will never get fixed

wow i really dont know what you talking about. you know there are more ways to handle condition beside resistance

if you waste your nrg on PA get rdy to be burst down fast.

short tutorial for you

start with BA (also might proc your passive trait too) = 2-4 second resistance
use PA when you see condi bomb on you with facet of nature = 5-9 second resistance (if ally around its longer)
use heal skill when you see condi bomb on you = major heal and 3 sec resistance
swap legend
use shield 5 = 2 more second of resistance, block and heal
use shield 4 = 2 more second of resistance and protection and heal
swap to staff 3 to blind and use (not must)
staff 4 + ventari solace = 3 condi cleanse
ventari PA = 3 condi cleanse
swap back to mallyx and all over again

also mostly necro remove boons
power mesmer too but hardly seen atm.

necro can condi burst, mesmer can condi burst
all other class usually got 3 conditions rotation and cant remove boons
warrior just dodge and you be fine or use blind. and he cant remove boons

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

most rev build heavily rely on dodging to avoid con

That means nothing when the condis come from an AoE which ticks over time.

Resistance is a failed concept in the Mallyx Rev because no matter how long you can get temporal invulnerability vs condis: if you can’t damage your foes and put pressure on them you still gonna lose the fight. With even skills the only build a Mallyx build is able to defeat is another Mallyx build or a Ventari one.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Also blocks are useless right now since the amount of unblockable condis is way to high (necro staff).

in Revenant

messiah.1908

here is a 5v5
check the warrior burst me with conditions

https://youtu.be/eabhcd7FXps?t=46

have fun

in Revenant

Coolguy.8702

here is a 5v5

have fun

Dude you used ventari to go with mallyx ( when most use glint or shiro with him) which probably ment u were using a bunker build. Revs shouldnt have to go bunker just to be able to condi cleanse properly

in Revenant

messiah.1908

here is a 5v5

have fun

Dude you used ventari to go with mallyx ( when most use glint or shiro with him) which probably ment u were using a bunker build. Revs shouldnt have to go bunker just to be able to condi cleanse properly

check mallyx rotation which what save me from conditions not ventari. i hardly use ventari to cleanse rather to heal. and ues i use support build

in Revenant

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

Cool video but I think non support revenants are still free food for condi.
If I play condi I target revs, especially shiro revs because I no the struggle is real

in Revenant

messiah.1908

i will try to go mallyx shiro and see any differnet with my friends