Revs need some condi-love!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: iroh.2871

iroh.2871

Am I the only one that feels like Mallyx, as a PvE condi-dps spec, really needs a buff? Of course people are upset about the sword nerf(it was needed, frankly) but what about the rest of class? Ventari and Jalis definitely need attention and a lot of people are being vocal about it here on the forums and reddit. Good!!!! Keep it up! But what about Mallyx?

I was talking with a friend last night who is trying out venom-share thief for raiding and was telling me about his crazy-high poison ticks. When he told me the number he sees on his poisons I about lost my kitten!!! I can’t even do half that damage with BOTH of the conditions I primarily apply, combined(burning and torment)! And what’s worse…. his output is on par with burnzerkers, necros, and engis —-> currently the most popular classes for the condi-dps role, aka the norm.

So, currently the condi-spec for revenants is lacking in it’s damage output. In order to be viable dps in raiding, I’d be ecstatic if we could get some condi-love for this awesome class!

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

As far as we’ve seen for the profession after Balance Patch, ArenaNet doesn’t seem to know of that rest of Revenant or hide their intentions and changes for the April Balance Patch.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Conditions? leave that crap to necros… i wan’t my dps back >.>

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I want my beta mallyx back! Minus the displacement because that was just annoying.

As far as dos, if they’d fix sword It to work as advertised I think we’d all be hunky dory. Get rid of the 3 projectiles on two and give unrelenting assault a tiny bit more range and only attack the one guy we have targeted, rather than anything in range after the first strike.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Revenant

iroh.2871

No…. have fun with your boring spec…. Turn on all buffs, 2, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, 2, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, AA, 2…. nuff said

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

It only took the necro over 3 years to finally be a good condi class. Heck, it only took the necro 3 years to become a good power one as well

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

It only took the necro over 3 years to finally be a good condi class. Heck, it only took the necro 3 years to become a good power one as well

And all of that is threatened to be undone by ANET pouring too much boon corruption in one patch. I love my necro, I don’t wanna go back to being a class that people say gtfo. ;-;

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

And all of that is threatened to be undone by ANET pouring too much boon corruption in one patch. I love my necro, I don’t wanna go back to being a class that people say gtfo. ;-;

Dude I’ve been loving necro for years, now that it’s actually great in all game modes I’m scared to use it because I feel it’s gonna get nerfed just because

in Revenant

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Condi rev does about the same dps as condi ranger.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

How much is that exactly?

in Revenant

obal.3218

It’s around 15k.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

So when comparing the DPS of both classes, are you assuming full-damage Torment or the non-moving damage? Or an average?

Because even in the raids, there are periods of time where all of the bosses just sit there and don’t move, especially Sabetha.

in Revenant

obal.3218

I assumed it wasn’t moving.

in Revenant

iroh.2871

Could you share the build you’re using? Also, if that’s around 15k then what’s condi necro or condi engi sitting at?

in Revenant

obal.3218

I added a section to my guide. Engi is around 20k and condi necro is hard to put a number on because of epidemic but it would be higher than this.

in Revenant

iroh.2871

Sigils
•Earth + Geomancy

Thanks for posting that! Why not use sigils of bursting and malice? The rev doesn’t really have anything that benefits bleeds and those two sigils alone can’t be that much of an increase?

in Revenant

Azure.8670

Sigil of earth is extremely powerful and underrated. Geomancey is a beast also but I agree, I think bursting makes more sense

in Revenant

obal.3218

I looked into bursting, malice, earth, and geomancy. Earth + geomancy was best. Geomancy is amazing if you are swapping regularly which you are due to the legend swapping proc. Earth was slightly higher than bursting and a fraction of the price as well.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

I forgot Geomancey is triggered by legend swap. Makes sense. Smart move sir

in Revenant

iroh.2871

Earth was slightly higher than bursting and a fraction of the price as well.

I was hesitant to try these out but then I saw the cost and didn’t think twice. So far I’m liking to difference. Also, is there any way to get that Koi Cake outside of the Dragon Bash event or off the TP?