Rework Revenant Sword

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Too bad cause sword behaves like it want to be multiple target weapon. I mean just look at this sword.. its full of aoe

So when you were challenging my statement that sword wasn’t situational by pointing out that it’s the only weapon that punishes you in 1 vs X situations … you were lying to me?

I mean, I can’t follow you. You tell me sword punishes you in 1 vs X situations, but then turn around and point out sword is full of AoE attacks, which are clearly intended for 1 vs X situations and that you prefer it over staff because of it’s AA damage, even though staff is intended for 1 vs X situations. You don’t see how contradictory those two statements are?

At this point, the only conclusion I can come to is that you’re willing to make any negative statements, even if they contradict themselves, just out of desperation that Anet sees them and ‘fixes’ everything. Not a sound plan.

Sword aa is getting stronger with more enemies in front of you. PS/UA is trying to act like aoe but works in opposite direction by punishing you in 1vX. Yeah how that makes any sense? Am i contradictory myself? No, sword desing does that already on it own.

Again, you were the one that called out sword as situational because it’s not a good 1 vs. X weapon, not me. I really can’t follow your discussion. Feels like you are arguing with yourself at this point. You haven’t provided any convincing evidence to make me think I was off track here.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Too bad cause sword behaves like it want to be multiple target weapon. I mean just look at this sword.. its full of aoe

So when you were challenging my statement that sword wasn’t situational by pointing out that it’s the only weapon that punishes you in 1 vs X situations … you were lying to me?

I mean, I can’t follow you. You tell me sword punishes you in 1 vs X situations, but then turn around and point out sword is full of AoE attacks, which are clearly intended for 1 vs X situations and that you prefer it over staff because of it’s AA damage, even though staff is intended for 1 vs X situations. You don’t see how contradictory those two statements are?

At this point, the only conclusion I can come to is that you’re willing to make any negative statements, even if they contradict themselves, just out of desperation that Anet sees them and ‘fixes’ everything. Not a sound plan.

Sword aa is getting stronger with more enemies in front of you. PS/UA is trying to act like aoe but works in opposite direction by punishing you in 1vX. Yeah how that makes any sense? Am i contradictory myself? No, sword desing does that already on it own.

Again, you were the one that called out sword as situational because it’s not a good 1 vs. X weapon, not me. I really can’t follow your discussion. Feels like you are arguing with yourself at this point. You haven’t provided any convincing evidence to make me think I was off track here.

Like talking to a kid. No matter what devs have to say in this matter, sword right now act as aoe weapon but unlike other weapons (any in this game) it loses damage to single target the moment you press 2 or 3 drastically lowering your dps. Meanwhile your autos deals more damage to a group of enemies. Sword desing contradicting itself in current state. Its needs reclafication to either keep it as current aoe weapon and fix it damage on 2&3 to not cause damage loss on a X target or rework it into pure 1v1 weapon. Im done with you btw so bai, i bet you coming from NA and you guys arent know for being.. smart. Pointless to continue discussion at this point.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Like talking to a kid. No matter what devs have to say in this matter, sword right now act as aoe weapon but unlike other weapons (any in this game) it loses damage to single target the moment you press 2 or 3 drastically lowering your dps. Meanwhile your autos deals more damage to a group of enemies. Sword desing contradicting itself in current state. Its needs reclafication to either keep it as current aoe weapon and fix it damage on 2&3 to not cause damage loss on a X target or rework it into pure 1v1 weapon. Im done with you btw so bai, i bet you coming from NA and you guys arent know for being.. smart. Pointless to continue discussion at this point.

lol, really, needing to comment about an entire region? What was smart exactly all the world wars you Europeans started, or the pogroms or the countless ethnic genocides, or the fact your union is falling apart with more prospective departures or several of your states threatening default? Your stubborn affections for kings and queens in modern day democracies.

NA is the dumb one? I’d venture to say Canada and US are doing pretty well by comparison.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

I don’t think it’s too much to ask that people follow a discussion. My point was that sword weapon skills aren’t really situational when sword is used in the proper way … then you interjected by arguing that sword is situational because it’s not a good weapon 1 vs. X weapon, then proceeded to contradict yourself by claiming sword is your preferred 1 vs. X weapon because it has multiple target skills and good AA damage … /shrug

I can only say that if you’re accusing me of being a stupid NA child … I will gladly take that as a compliment at this point.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I don’t think it’s too much to ask that people follow a discussion. My point was that sword weapon skills aren’t really situational when sword is used in the proper way … then you interjected by arguing that sword is situational because it’s not a good weapon 1 vs. X weapon, then proceeded to contradict yourself by claiming sword is your preferred 1 vs. X weapon because it has multiple target skills and good AA damage … /shrug

I can only say that if you’re accusing me of being a stupid NA child … I will gladly take that as a compliment at this point.

Sword 2&3 are situational and i believe i already discussed it so why you keep asking for it? You can only use them in 1v1 situation, anything else they are useless if you want to deal damage. Thats bc these skills are situational. And i woulndt consider sword my fav 1vX weapon, its just that it happen to be the only weapon rev has in the first place with no alternative.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

Sword 2&3 are situational and i believe i already discussed it so why you keep asking for it? You can only use them in 1v1 situation, anything else they are useless if you want to deal damage. Thats bc these skills are situational. And i woulndt consider sword my fav 1vX weapon, its just that it happen to be the only weapon rev has in the first place with no alternative.

I’ve already addressed that … sword 2 and 3 is not deficient because its not effective in 1 vs. X scenarios; its conceptually not the goto 1 vs. X weapon. Anet has addressed 1 vs. X scenarios for Revs by providing a 1 vs. X weapon and access to swapping. Whether you think that staff is the ‘not-alternative’ in that 1 vs X scenario is irrelevant; it was clearly designed with that intention.

The ‘deficiency’ (or advantage, since you’re arguing both sides of the coin here) you point out is actually an intended game design feature that isn’t unique to Revs. Therefore, being deficient (or again, advantageous, depending on what side you choose this time) in 1 vs X situations it’s not a reason to address whatever is wrong with sword because it’s not the intended 1 vs X weapon by concept, which is my point in the first place.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I’ve already addressed that … sword 2 and 3 is not deficient because its not effective in 1 vs. X scenarios; its conceptually not the goto 1 vs. X weapon. Anet has addressed 1 vs. X scenarios for Revs by providing a 1 vs. X weapon and access to swapping. Whether you think that staff is the ‘not-alternative’ in that 1 vs X scenario is irrelevant; it was clearly designed with that intention.

The ‘deficiency’ (or advantage, since you’re arguing both sides of the coin here) you point out is actually an intended game design feature that isn’t unique to Revs. Therefore, being deficient (or again, advantageous, depending on what side you choose this time) in 1 vs X situations it’s not a reason to address whatever is wrong with sword because it’s not the intended 1 vs X weapon by concept, which is my point in the first place.

If its not intended by concept then please explain why sword autoatk is better in 1vX, why 2&3 act like aoe? Look at thief dagger /pistol – set designed to 1v1, it doesnt have aoe all over the place. Sword does bc its multi target aoe wep, not 1v1 one. And no, staff is not 1vX weapon. Its utility/support one. It has lower aa damage in vX scenario and it doesnt offer much more beyong SOTM burst or low cd block.. and some condi cleanse. Sword is the only melee power dps wep for rev, and it kittened up on top of that with poor desing.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

If its not intended by concept then please explain why sword autoatk is better in 1vX, why 2&3 act like aoe? .

That’s an illogical correlation and I don’t even think that’s true. If it is … then I’m still right … sword doesn’t need a fix because of 1 vs X situations; if it’s 1 vs. X capability is as good as you say, it needs another massive nerf. In addition, sword having some some very limited multiple target capability does not mean it was the goto multiple target weapon for Revs.

I mean, your going to tell me sword is the ranged weapon too because #2 has a longer than melee range? I think if you want to be taken seriously, being sensational doesn’t help you. It’s obtuse to try to claim Anet designed sword to be the multi target weapon for Revs because of 2 skills that can hit multiple targets, especially with the existence of an obviously 1 vs. X weapon like staff. I’m not surprised Anet and other game devs don’t listen to players; this is the kind of discussion they would have to have with them.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

If its not intended by concept then please explain why sword autoatk is better in 1vX, why 2&3 act like aoe? .

That’s an illogical correlation. Even if (because I think that’s just your opinion there, not a undisputed fact) sword is better in 1 vs X than staff does not mean that sword was intended to be a better 1 vs. X weapon than staff is. Also, sword having some some very limited multiple target capability does not mean it was the goto multiple target weapon for Revs.

Read again what i said. Staff is not dps weapon. If it wasnt fot SOTM you would never ever use it in pve at all as it only purpose is to daamge breakbars. Thats the only time you ever want swap to staff in pve. And idc what you think, no matter what you use on staff, sword aa will still come ahead by miles with autoatk and thats a fact. You dont have to agree, i dont give a f really.

I woulndt consider sword to be “limited mutil target” as well. It has aoe all over the place. On auto, on 2, on 3. This is not 1v1 weapon otherwise it would be limited to single target. If devs intended it to be 1v1 weapon then they have failed hard on that one and should.. rework sword. Case closed

Also

“This weapon imbues your attacks with the power of the Mists, using a mix of martial and magical styles to support your allies. It’s very much about damage prevention rather than directly offensive attacks, to fit the legend’s theme. Let’s take a look at two of the skills you’ll have access to.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/revenant-compassion-as-a-way-of-life/

Please tell me again how this is a dps weapon designed to 1vX. LOL

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

Whether staff is a DPS weapon or not is irrelevant; it is the weapon that is intended for 1 vs. X encounters; this is not debatable, it is obviously the case. Whatever your assessment of how it performs or whatever label you decide to make for it does not change the fact that it exists and its purpose. It’s absolutely ridiculous to claim sword needs changes because of 1 vs. X scenarios just because you dismiss the staff. If anything, if sword has as strong a multi target ability as you claim along with all the other great things it does, it needs a nerf, not a buff.

Makes me wonder what you’re even complaining about. Good single target skills. According to you, lots of multiple target goodness even better than the intended multiple target weapon. Sounds it’s too good. If that’s the case, then the OP is right … except the solution isn’t move sword damage around to other skills, it’s to outright nerf parts of the sword weaponskills so that weapons intended for use are used for those purposes.

What side of the coin are you this time? I’m not sure if you realize this or not but at this point, you agree with my original point; sword skills aren’t situational. You’re even going further saying the weapon itself isn’t situational; you’re using it for everything. Therefore, no reasonable person would claim it needs improvements. Not sure where what you are trying to do here, other than be difficult and argumentative.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Whether staff is a DPS weapon or not is irrelevant; it is the weapon that is intended for 1 vs. X encounters; this is not debatable, it is obviously the case. Whatever your assessment of how it performs or whatever label you decide to make for it does not change the fact that it exists and its purpose. It’s absolutely ridiculous to claim sword needs changes because of 1 vs. X scenarios just because you dismiss the staff. If anything, if sword has as strong a multi target ability as you claim along with all the other great things it does, it needs a nerf, not a buff.

Makes me wonder what you’re even complaining about. Good single target skills. According to you, lots of multiple target goodness even better than the intended multiple target weapon. Sounds it’s too good.

Yeah yeah whatever. You disagree with OFFICIAL blog made by Roy about staff being a support/utility weapon to throw your little opinion.. that completely miss the reality but.. whatever.

Its ok, please provide me official source about staff being an intended weapon to 1vX. Ill be waiting, hf. And no, if you cant provide that then dont post here anymore.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

Makes me wonder what you’re even complaining about. Good single target skills. According to you, lots of multiple target goodness even better than the intended multiple target weapon. Sounds it’s too good.

Yeah yeah whatever. You disagree with OFFICIAL blog made by Roy about staff being a support/utility weapon to throw your little opinion.. that completely miss the reality but.. whatever.

Its ok, please provide me official source about staff being an intended weapon to 1vX. Ill be waiting, hf. And no, if you cant provide that then dont post here anymore.

I don’t disagree with that official blog; being support and utility doesn’t exclude staff from being intended as a multiple-target weapon; another bad leap in logic you’re making there.

Don’t worry, I won’t keep you waiting too long, especially when I’m right. The proof is simply looking at the skills; every staff skill hits multiple targets, lots of them. Not sure if that’s ‘OFFICIAL’ enough for you though, but it is created by Anet to be that way … You don’t need to be a genius to see that, which is why someone from NA, as stupid as you claim we all are, can see that a weapon where all skills hit multiple targets … is intended to be a multiple target weapon. It’s simple to see unless you decide to purposefully not see it.

It’s no matter anyways … you already acknowledged you agree with me that sword isn’t situational because it’s good for every situation, apparently ones I didn’t even know about (thanks for that!) which is my original point.

Now we have established we agree that sword is too good at everything, I would love to hear what you think needs to be nerfed on it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

I don’t disagree with that official blog; being support and utility doesn’t mean staff wasn’t intended to be multiple-target oriented; another bad leap in logic you’re making there.

Don’t worry, I won’t keep you waiting too long, especially when I’m right. The proof is simply looking at the skills; every staff skill hits multiple targets, lots of them. Not sure if that’s ‘OFFICIAL’ enough for you though, but it is created by Anet to be that way … You don’t need to be a genius to see that, which is why someone from NA, as stupid as you claim we all are, can see that a weapon where all skills hit multiple targets … is intended to be a multiple target weapon. It’s simple to see unless you decide to purposefully not see it.

It’s no matter anyways … you already acknowledged you agree with me that sword isn’t situational because it’s good for every situation, even ones where it’s not intended to be, which is my original point and even more anyways.

Now we have established we agree that sword is too good at everything, I would love to hear what you think needs to be nerfed on it.

I actualy did a 1 v 3 test and it turns out that sword AA outdamages staff AA . Also after rereading this bs argument list,I can translate wtf this guy is actualy trying to say. Sword AA does very good in 1 v x and that it is confusing to have an AA which outperforms staff AA for group scenarios when sword 2 & 3 are designed for 1 v 1 use.

Wheter or not this will stay after the 26th…..we got 3 days to find out…anyway Burstink also threw at you the wrong blogpost:

“The Rift Slash attack will slash at foes in front of your character. Any foe that is struck will have an unstable mist rift sliced into them. After a short delay, this rift will explode, damaging nearby foes. This skill is the third part of the autoattack chain and works great in large groups of foes.” (source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/slashing-devastation-and-a-memorable-assassin/ )

As to whether those rifts are reliable past 1 v 3….I don’t care, I’m reroling to thief which also has an AA designed for group situations and weapon skills designed for 1 v 1.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

That’s fine. My original statement was that sword skills aren’t situational; he questioned that statement based resulting 1 vs X scenarios with the sword. Unfortunately for him, it turns out that if his own statements and your data is correct, that the weapon itself is not situational, not just a few skills. This means we are all in agreement.

I don’t think there is any way sword will get buffs and if it’s indeed as good as it sounds in 1 vs. X … might be inline for a nerf IMO.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

No…Revenant is just kitten because they added weapon swaping to a profession which didn’t have weapon swaping during alpha and beta and now their whole design is messed up because when they designed the weapons they never accounted for this.

Secondly, mh sword as a whole is not in a good spot for 1 v x, it’s just the AA, sword 2 & 3 are bad for 1 v x because you have no way of knowing which targets will be hit…..so nerfing sword again would be bad. If we are to get into off hand sword as well, again most of the stuff seems designed for 1 v1 – yeah the block may be usable in 1 v x but you have no way of figuring out which target will get hit by the imobilize and sword 5 is super situational.

When I first looked at sword I also thought it was for 1 v 1…..I didn’t care to look at wiki for hiden mechanics like how many targets can the rift on last sequence of sword AA can hit etc …. I was more interested in hiting people with a staff in melee range and playing healer, because the whole play style of ventari seemed interesting. (what I am trying to say is revenant sword is the weapon I have the least practical experience with)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

I don’t get your point … sword needs a fix or not and why? The fact is that we have swaps and a multi target weapon NOW, not what happened in the past. If those weapons need to be reworked to acknowledge that, so be it but let’s not pretend that can’t happen because of history.

2 and 3 are bad? OK, so do you agree with the OP that damage should be moved from 1 to 2 and 3 to balance that out? I mean, arguing with me isn’t the point of the thread. The point is that the OP wants to nerf 1 damage to boost damage and effects on other skills. Is that agreeable to you?

I think that’s a bad idea and someone suggested it needs to be fixed because of “situational”. So you are disagreeing with that or you think it should be changed to what the OP wants because of ‘situational’?

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

No,I disagree with the Op on that. I think that sword 2&5 are the only skills which need a rework and that sword 3 should have been on the off hand not the main hand. I also think the AA is fine.

The reason why Sword 2 needs a rework is because you can’t control what the kitten thing hits, so I think it should be reworked into a skill shot which creates a large wave that hits up to 3 targets in fron of the caster and chills them.

Sword 5 despite being the most situational skill in the game should have been on the main hand simply because frigid blitz is on the off hand axe and revenant would be a more mobile class if we can have frigid blitz and grasping shadow on one weapon slot and staff 5 on the other. The only rework I would do to Grasping Shadow is take out the fury and chill effects and buff the range of the shadowstep.

With sword 3 I am fine – it’s a third dodge in 1 v x which also gives might and can burst rly hard in 1 v 1, but it should not have been put on the main hand …. I just hate seeing that skill used with the shield in the off hand….it makes my stomach turn, because sword 3 is designed to fit a ninja archetype (fast attacks mixed in with acrobatics and speed enhancing magic) and using a shield (which normaly lowers your speed and has no business with the ninja archetype which is the flavor of swords and shiro) feels wrong – its the reason why I avoid using sword and shield on Revenant.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I feel like the invulnerability for Unrelenting Assault should start as soon as you press the button. Especially if you are fighting against a group of more than two people the skill becomes practically useless. What definitly needs a fix is the issue with casting it on an enemy that’s close to an obstacle, where the skill just completely breaks and goes on cooldown.

Also I feel like Precision Strike shouldn’t even have multiple projectiles. They’re unreliable as is and deal too much damage on a single target imo.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I’m not defending using the same attack 80% of the time … don’t make up things I never said or try to read into something to make your case look good. if you don’t like the concept that most of your attacks are from AA, start looking for a new MMO … that’s just how the game works.

I am defending the notion that Sword is more than an only AA weapon and all other weapon skills are more than just situational.

See, the problem with the OP’s original complaint with Sword wasn’t sword lacks damage, yet he’s ONLY assessing damage to make his point … so the whole argument that Sword needs a ‘fix’ for not-lacking-damage things because, as he claims, Sword AA by itself is the highest damage rotation … is nonsense to begin with.

I mean, let’s not beat around the bush … it’s not that non-AA skills are bad on sword, it’s that AA packs the most damage. If there is a REALISTIC fix to that, it’s to nerf AA and distribute damage to other skills … because anyone asking for more damage or effects to make non-AA skills more attractive to use as a fix to ‘AA does too much damage’ problem is just dreaming!

I get the OP is doing that but the flip side is that he just made accessing SAME damage cost energy with his proposal, all for the goal of accomplishing what? Is better DPS distribution over all weapon skills REALLY a problem here that is worth paying more energy to achieve? Um, I think lots of Revenants would not agree with that.

Yes you kind of where, so im not making up anything.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Just ignore Obtena, either hes trolling or his IQ is.. not so high. Staff was never designed to be 1vX weapon and he have yet to provide source of his information. Sword is originally our weapon intended to 1vX which is a reason why all of it attacks are aoe and 2&3 needs a rework. Thats all

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

I’m not defending using the same attack 80% of the time … don’t make up things I never said or try to read into something to make your case look good. if you don’t like the concept that most of your attacks are from AA, start looking for a new MMO … that’s just how the game works.

I am defending the notion that Sword is more than an only AA weapon and all other weapon skills are more than just situational.

See, the problem with the OP’s original complaint with Sword wasn’t sword lacks damage, yet he’s ONLY assessing damage to make his point … so the whole argument that Sword needs a ‘fix’ for not-lacking-damage things because, as he claims, Sword AA by itself is the highest damage rotation … is nonsense to begin with.

I mean, let’s not beat around the bush … it’s not that non-AA skills are bad on sword, it’s that AA packs the most damage. If there is a REALISTIC fix to that, it’s to nerf AA and distribute damage to other skills … because anyone asking for more damage or effects to make non-AA skills more attractive to use as a fix to ‘AA does too much damage’ problem is just dreaming!

I get the OP is doing that but the flip side is that he just made accessing SAME damage cost energy with his proposal, all for the goal of accomplishing what? Is better DPS distribution over all weapon skills REALLY a problem here that is worth paying more energy to achieve? Um, I think lots of Revenants would not agree with that.

I will ask you again .. do you think Revs should pay more energy to access the same DPS we have now? That’s what the OP is proposing. I don’t support that (apparently because my IQ is not high) but it sounds like you do since you say sword skills are ‘situational’. Feel free to add to the discussion instead of this ^^

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

I will ask you again .. do you think Revs should pay more energy to access the same DPS we have now? That’s what the OP is proposing. I don’t support that (apparently because my IQ is not high) but it sounds like you do since you say sword skills are ‘situational’. Feel free to add to the discussion instead of this ^^

It doesnt matter because I didnt say anything along those lines, my point was sword aa being boring, and then a reply about how you where doing what you claimed you where not. Dont take it out on me because someone insulted your iq dude. Also stop putting words into my mouth, I never said sword skills where situational lol.

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

If YOU didn’t say sword skills were situational, you were definitely using the fact that others said it to support your argument, Shall I quote?

If you go back there are tons of people saying the other moves are very situational and use aa most of the time.

I get your point; sword AA can be boring if that’s all you use out of the weapon skillset; the issue here is that this isn’t a problem with the sword itself. Generally, most weapons in this game are designed along those lines. The devs know this and that’s why we get more than AA for weapon skills. Fortunately for Rev sword, the other skills are NOT situational, so there are even more actions you can take to make it even less boring. Those skills are pretty much awesome in many situations, if not all the time (thanks to our friend Burtnik for pointing out how awesome sword is always). SO if sword is one of the more boring weapons, to me that’s a player issue. Hence, the question trying to bring you back into the discussion.

If you don’t want to use the other sword skills to solve ‘boring sword AA gameplay’, then it seems to me the only other option is that you are supporting the OP’s idea, which will cost you energy to access a similar amount of damage while making the other sword skills more appealing. I don’t know what else there is to talk about with you if you aren’t willing to say if you support the idea that basically trades energy for ‘less boring’ swordplay. I like to stay on topic … I think it’s a terrible idea because of the ‘not-situational’ nature of the other sword skills.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Rework Revenant Sword

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

If YOU didn’t say sword skills were situational, you were definitely using the fact that others said it to support your argument, Shall I quote?

If you go back there are tons of people saying the other moves are very situational and use aa most of the time.

I get your point; sword AA can be boring if that’s all you use out of the weapon skillset; the issue here is that this isn’t a problem with the sword itself. Generally, most weapons in this game are designed along those lines. The devs know this and that’s why we get more than AA for weapon skills. Fortunately for Rev sword, the other skills are NOT situational, so there are even more actions you can take to make it even less boring. Those skills are pretty much awesome in many situations, if not all the time (thanks to our friend Burtnik for pointing out how awesome sword is always). SO if sword is one of the more boring weapons, to me that’s a player issue. Hence, the question trying to bring you back into the discussion.

If you don’t want to use the other sword skills to solve ‘boring sword AA gameplay’, then it seems to me the only other option is that you are supporting the OP’s idea, which will cost you energy to access a similar amount of damage while making the other sword skills more appealing. I don’t know what else there is to talk about with you if you aren’t willing to say if you support the idea that basically trades energy for ‘less boring’ swordplay. I like to stay on topic … I think it’s a terrible idea because of the ‘not-situational’ nature of the other sword skills.

Actually ive seen other ideas on here before why are you always into the black and white mentality? I dont recall all of them but one of them was to rework the energy system as a whole, well if you like to stay on topic then reply to someone else.