Rework Suggestions for Salvation

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

When I was low level (somewhere between my 10s and 20s) I made the stupid decision of chosing Legendary Centaur Stance as my next stance to level so I can test it out in Dungeons…big mistake…Legendary Centaur Stance even at max lvl is super bad without Salvation…and leveling Salvation was just a big a nightmare….and after using 10-20 tomes of experience there was no way in hell I was deleting my Revenant.
In retrospect I discovered 3 simple change which make leveling Salvation at low levels bearable and the traitline as a whole more viable for PvE and PvP end game.

1)Swap the places of Nourishing Roots and Tranquil Benediction. This may not look like much of a change but when all you have is a stone with a weak heal…you will feel the diference…this change ups your low level survivability and mobility and at mid levels it makes it better to start leveling Salvation in the place of Legendary Centaur Stance…you would basicaly take Tranquil Benediction and Eluding Nulification and that would be all the support you would need to give to your friends who are leveling with you.

2)Momentary Pacification – as many of you know this trait is bugged with Shiro and Glint’s elite skills and needs a rework. My rework sugestion would be to change it to Nature’s Cure – a 15 recharge trait which cures 2 conditions from the caster and nearby allies within a 240 radious whenever you use an Elite…because we are so frail vs condi users without Coruption and we need good alternatives

3) Invoking Harmony will be reworked to either Spiritwalker’s Grace which will make it so that Might you apply also adds +10 precision or Spiritwalker’s Fury which will make it so that Might you apply also adds +10 ferocity and swap places with Shrouding Mists from Invocation. I have always found Invoking Harmony to be the worst trait in this skill line because it’s only usefull when you swap to the Centaur Stance…when you swap out of it or while you are in it…it’s useless compared to something like Shrouding Mists which I feel suits best the playstyle of Centaur.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

When I was low level (somewhere between my 10s and 20s) I made the stupid decision of chosing Legendary Centaur Stance as my next stance to level so I can test it out in Dungeons…big mistake…Legendary Centaur Stance even at max lvl is super bad without Salvation…and leveling Salvation was just a big a nightmare….and after using 10-20 tomes of experience there was no way in hell I was deleting my Revenant.
In retrospect I discovered 3 simple change which make leveling Salvation at low levels bearable and the traitline as a whole more viable for PvE and PvP end game.

1)Swap the places of Nourishing Roots and Tranquil Benediction. This may not look like much of a change but when all you have is a stone with a weak heal…you will feel the diference…this change ups your low level survivability and mobility and at mid levels it makes it better to start leveling Salvation in the place of Legendary Centaur Stance…you would basicaly take Tranquil Benediction and Eluding Nulification and that would be all the support you would need to give to your friends who are leveling with you.

2)Momentary Pacification – as many of you know this trait is bugged with Shiro and Glint’s elite skills and needs a rework. My rework sugestion would be to change it to Nature’s Cure – a 15 recharge trait which cures 2 conditions from the caster and nearby allies within a 240 radious whenever you use an Elite…because we are so frail vs condi users without Coruption and we need good alternatives

3) Invoking Harmony will be reworked to either Spiritwalker’s Grace which will make it so that Might you apply also adds +10 precision or Spiritwalker’s Fury which will make it so that Might you apply also adds +10 ferocity and swap places with Shrouding Mists from Invocation. I have always found Invoking Harmony to be the worst trait in this skill line because it’s only usefull when you swap to the Centaur Stance…when you swap out of it or while you are in it…it’s useless compared to something like Shrouding Mists which I feel suits best the playstyle of Centaur.

1)Tranquil benediction and nourishing root swap isn’t particularly noticeable since both traits are highly circumstantial (and mostly useless).
2) Not good enough to be used by other builds and might be problematic on bunker builds.
3) Doesn’t fit the salvation line and invoking harmony is the best trait in the master tier followed by Eluding nullification. If your suggestion is putting shrouding mists in its place that is even worse, Shrouding Mists in its current form is so circumstantial that it’s useless (Invoking Harmony does the same but is way more reliable).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

1)I feel tranquil benediction and nourishing root swap is noticable during leveling and at late game because you can build a healer that does not use Legendary Centaur Stance for leveling and makes Ventari/Glint builds viable for bunkering and PvE.

Yes healing orbs are circumstantial but it’s better then relying on Ventari Stone heal for leveling up until the 40s. Also the goal is that for late games builds involving the Salvation traitline is to be able to have Blinding Truths or Tranquil Balance and Nourishing Roots active on 1 build, because it increases the synergy between Ventari and Glint.

Glint makes it via the trait shared empowerment so that the stone will dub for 2 facets (light and strenght) while providing acess to a spamable form of cc (blinding foes with Ventari’s will – which is conditioned by sacrificing the healing power from TB) and projectile reflection. Also if we ever get that much deserved buff for the skills on Ventari’s healing skill…. :X:X:X

2) I like Momentary Pacification too but I can see it easily removed in sometime in the future for something that doesn’t bug out other stances….so I decided to try out my luck and find a decent replacement.

3)I can never understand your admiration for Invoking Harmony. Unless you use Equilibrium it’s a half of a trait as we only have 1 stance dedicated to healing others. It’s useless for those situations where you are forced out of Ventari as opposed to Shrouding Mists which is more reliable due to the following reasons:

a)you get it’s benefits regardless of what stance you are using, as opposed to Invoking Harmony where you can’t benefit from it outside of Centaur Stance.

b)as a healer the moment you swap out Centaur Stance you stop doing your job as the group healer so Centaur Stance rewards players who can maintain the Centaur Stance for as long as possible to keep players alive….meaning that Shrouding Mists will eventualy go past the 50 energy limit on several occasions and provide a spamable buff for healing power + increase our defenses for that unavoidable momment when we are forced out of Centaur Stance…keeping us alive jus a little bit longer so we can swap back.

c)bottom line,yeah both are circumstantial, but one gives a long term benefit which can be carried over when we swap out of Legendary Centaur stance,where as Invoking Harmony even when paired with Invocation for Equilibrium provides only a short term increase in healing.

Also it’s a very easy trait to fit in the Salvation trait line…all you have to do is rename it to something like Lifewarden’s Veil or Nature’s Perseverence. If we had 1 stance dedicated for burst healing,then I would be praising Invoking Harmony with you…but we don’t, Ventari is a sustained heal legend so we need traits that help us in the long game.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

3)I can never understand your admiration for Invoking Harmony. Unless you use Equilibrium it’s a half of a trait as we only have 1 stance dedicated to healing others. It’s useless for those situations where you are forced out of Ventari as opposed to Shrouding Mists which is more reliable due to the following reasons:

a)you get it’s benefits regardless of what stance you are using, as opposed to Invoking Harmony where you can’t benefit from it outside of Centaur Stance.

b)as a healer the moment you swap out Centaur Stance you stop doing your job as the group healer so Centaur Stance rewards players who can maintain the Centaur Stance for as long as possible to keep players alive….meaning that Shrouding Mists will eventualy go past the 50 energy limit on several occasions and provide a spamable buff for healing power + increase our defenses for that unavoidable momment when we are forced out of Centaur Stance…keeping us alive jus a little bit longer so we can swap back.

c)bottom line,yeah both are circumstantial, but one gives a long term benefit which can be carried over when we swap out of Legendary Centaur stance,where as Invoking Harmony even when paired with Invocation for Equilibrium provides only a short term increase in healing.

Also it’s a very easy trait to fit in the Salvation trait line…all you have to do is rename it to something like Lifewarden’s Veil or Nature’s Perseverence. If we had 1 stance dedicated for burst healing,then I would be praising Invoking Harmony with you…but we don’t, Ventari is a sustained heal legend so we need traits that help us in the long game.

Beyond the legendary centaur stance you also have staff 4, shield 4, regenaration, sigils, runes, equilibrium and if you like it staff AA.
Invoking harmony lasts for 10 seconds after a swap and in most cases you’ll have to swap legends often due to energy and other constraints. Because of that Invoking Harmony has a high uptime, unlike Shrouding mists that requires you to stay in a stance and do nothing (this is only possible in low PvE and some WvW).
Also I’m not sure where you got the impression that Invoking Harmony only works in the centaur stance.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Beyond the legendary centaur stance you also have staff 4, shield 4, regenaration, sigils, runes, equilibrium and if you like it staff AA.
Invoking harmony lasts for 10 seconds after a swap and in most cases you’ll have to swap legends often due to energy and other constraints. Because of that Invoking Harmony has a high uptime, unlike Shrouding mists that requires you to stay in a stance and do nothing (this is only possible in low PvE and some WvW).
Also I’m not sure where you got the impression that Invoking Harmony only works in the centaur stance.

It’s because I have been ignoring the weapon skills and have become fixated on the fact that the majority of our heals towards others are tied to legendary centaur stance and outside Centaur stance there is very little we can do in terms of actual healing and that the best way to make use of Invoking Harmony is to have a second legend tied to healing – because as you pointed out,our most reliable heals in the Revenant’s kit are on staff and shield 4.
I also purposely excluded runes and sigil as I believe gear should not be used to make certain builds viable-they should only serve to enhance them.

While I admit that suggestion no 2 is steemed from fear of what Anet would do to change an awesome trait because it does not synergise with all of the stances due to a bug and 3 is personal frustration over the fact that our master traits are very circumstantial, with Invoking Harmony taking the cake due to personal beliefs on how to maximize it, I think we can agree at least that suggestion no 1 makes the most sense.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

It’s because I have been ignoring the weapon skills and have become fixated on the fact that the majority of our heals towards others are tied to legendary centaur stance and outside Centaur stance there is very little we can do in terms of actual healing and that the best way to make use of Invoking Harmony is to have a second legend tied to healing – because as you pointed out,our most reliable heals in the Revenant’s kit are on staff and shield 4.
I also purposely excluded runes and sigil as I believe gear should not be used to make certain builds viable-they should only serve to enhance them.

While I admit that suggestion no 2 is steemed from fear of what Anet would do to change an awesome trait because it does not synergise with all of the stances due to a bug and 3 is personal frustration over the fact that our master traits are very circumstantial, with Invoking Harmony taking the cake due to personal beliefs on how to maximize it, I think we can agree at least that suggestion no 1 makes the most sense.

I personally don’t find any problems on your first suggestion there is little it would impact negatively.
Also don’t underestimate regeneration, it’s 1/3+ of our heals to others. And runes and sigils are relevant in this case since we can make more out of them than any other profession (and icebow too).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

I’m not,that’s why I am puting that regen aura for the stone higher….so we can cash in value town with the other tier 1 traits in Salvation + the herald traitline.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I’m not,that’s why I am puting that regen aura for the stone higher….so we can cash in value town with the other tier 1 traits in Salvation + the herald traitline.

Nourishing Roots isn’t Master tier worthy though. Both Nourishing roots and tranquil benediction are at best adept (both need buffs).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Nourishing Roots isn’t Master tier worthy though. Both Nourishing roots and tranquil benediction are at best adept (both need buffs).

:))))Yeah but,having Nourishing Roots as master trait improves the synergy between Glint and Ventari. Yeah the trait in itself is weak,but the combos we can make with it more than justify its position there.