Roy, You Can Still Abuse Impossible Odds!

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

You implemented legend swap cooldown to keep people from using Impossible Odds out of combat for speed (among other things) however I noticed that if you instead switch out a legend through the drop down menu, no cooldown is triggered at all.

This means that I can activate Impossible Odds and when I get low on energy, instead of pressing F1 to switch legends like we previously did, I instead just click the drop down menu on the current legend (Shiro), choose ANY other legend and then immediately just switch it back to Shiro, so I can activate Impossible Odds again for the free superspeed.

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Quite a bit of time in hands, ain’t we.? If this is OOC, it’s hardly a gamebreaking abuse. Convenient to get from point A to point B at best. But it’s not so convenient, all that hassle to deal with dropdown menu and select therefrom, i would rather just wait for enegy to recharge. And you know what? I know I won’t “abuse” this feature, because there is such a thing as perma swiftness in Herald, abit less speed but hassle free when ooc.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

It is easier to switch to Glint an activate swiftness facet, isn’t?^^

in Revenant

MercenaryNote.8506

It took about 2 seconds to switch legends, whereas you’d be waiting 10 seconds for your energy to recharge. Also, it’s true that you can get perma swiftness with Herald, but not everyone would run Herald.

I never said it was a gamebreaking abuse, but it’s still an abuse, and seeing how there was a cooldown implemented before to stop this very thing from happening, I’d say that this isn’t working as intended.

Convenient? Yes. Intended? No.

To quote Roy:

General
There was some awkward behavior with the difference between invoking legends in combat and out of combat. This resulted in some weird behavior such as creating a scenario where you’d want to toggle Impossible Odds, wait till you get low energy, invoke your other legend, then switch back to Impossible Odds. We wanted to make invoking legends more consistent with other classes, such as the Elementalist attunements always having the same recharge.
Invoking a legend will now have a 10 second recharge while out of combat.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Changes-Based-on-BWE-Feedback/first#post5382354

(edited by MercenaryNote.8506)

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

It took about 2 seconds to switch legends, whereas you’d be waiting 10 seconds for your energy to recharge. Also, it’s true that you can get perma swiftness with Herald, but not everyone would run Herald.

I never said it was a gamebreaking abuse, but it’s still an abuse, and seeing how there was a cooldown implemented before to stop this very thing from happening, I’d say that this isn’t working as intended.

To quote Roy:

General
There was some awkward behavior with the difference between invoking legends in combat and out of combat. This resulted in some weird behavior such as creating a scenario where you’d want to toggle Impossible Odds, wait till you get low energy, invoke your other legend, then switch back to Impossible Odds. We wanted to make invoking legends more consistent with other classes, such as the Elementalist attunements always having the same recharge.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Changes-Based-on-BWE-Feedback/first#post5382354

Sorry I can’t think of a reason you would NOT run Herald

It’s great in groups
It’s great being solo

It compliments EVERY legend in some way.

Though I do agree..
A bug is a bug

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

MercenaryNote.8506

To quote Roy:

General

Sorry I can’t think of a reason you would NOT run Herald

It’s great in groups
It’s great being solo

It compliments EVERY legend in some way.

Though I do agree..
A bug is a bug

I don’t run Herald at all and I know many others that don’t either. Personally I don’t like using Facets and I’m not a fan of the trait line. I get along just fine without it. but that’s besides the point.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Well, we run into a weird issue here. Mechanically, Legends operate like reverse attunements. However, the actual slotting of the Legend works like any other slotted skill: you can change what fills the slot at-will so long as you are out of combat and the skill is not on cooldown.

Is it a bug? Kinda, sorta? It’s definitely not at all what the dev team was intending. So, I would label this as abuse if anything.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Something I dont like is how “on legend swap” traits only triggering in combat were left as they are when they changed legends to have a CD on swap even ooc.
An elementalist can swap attunements and get boons for it, why can’t we get that fury on swap when we do?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Something I dont like is how “on legend swap” traits only triggering in combat were left as they are when they changed legends to have a CD on swap even ooc.
An elementalist can swap attunements and get boons for it, why can’t we get that fury on swap when we do?

Makes a lot of sense. I hadn’t actually realized that.

Let’s get that done.

Venny, that deserves it’s own thread. Why not make a new one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

UH doesnt super speed work the same as swiftness OOC? So….not seeing a big deal here?

in Revenant

MercenaryNote.8506

UH doesnt super speed work the same as swiftness OOC? So….not seeing a big deal here?

It does, but an abuse is still an abuse.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Correct. The issue mentioned in this tread being that you can get around the Legend swap cooldown by unslotting/re-slotting Shiro.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Makes a lot of sense. I hadn’t actually realized that.

Let’s get that done.

Venny, that deserves it’s own thread. Why not make a new one?

Actually because I didn’t think it deserved its own thread by itself, I already reported this back in beta 2 so it should be on the feedback threads which have such purpose. But if you think it’s important enough feel free to create the thread yourself!