[SPOILER(HoT)]+[Suggestion] new Legend

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Spoiler ahead:
At the end of Hot Trahearne dies. So i thought it would be story wise and class wise interesting if Trahearne would be the new Legend for the Elite Spec with the Greatsword as its weapon if choice and some kind of minion master mechanic.

What do you think, would this be possible/reasonable?

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Im saying no to salads. Sio sio, go away

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

the whole reason they minimized his role in living story and then killed him off was because people didn’t like him

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

the whole reason they minimized his role in living story and then killed him off was because people didn’t like him

yeah he was kinda whiny though :/
but would be the first time to get good use of him
it would fit properly for e new weapon and new playstyle for rev, so i thought it would fit.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Well….Traherne used the GS as a ranged weapon and he was a necromancer…so that would mean his legend would have to be either focused around conditions (which is covered) or pets (which feels kind of op to put on plate users of all things. I am not sure this comunity will ever get to see Traherne put to good use right now….Bleach groupies would probably commit a hunger strike for a “getsuga tensho” animation of the AA.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Well….Traherne used the GS as a ranged weapon and he was a necromancer…so that would mean his legend would have to be either focused around conditions (which is covered) or pets (which feels kind of op to put on plate users of all things. I am not sure this comunity will ever get to see Traherne put to good use right now….Bleach groupies would probably commit a hunger strike for a “getsuga tensho” animation of the AA.

Well actually a new condition weapon and a new ranged would come in handy which would be covered with this one. Well minion master isnt op with necro and i would say the minions would die after legend swap.
Condition based, corrupting and minion specialization sounds actually kitten nice.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Van Bergen.5084

Van Bergen.5084

We already have Necro as Corruption/ Condi+Minionclass.
And he get a greatsword as Reaper.
Wy invent the same thing as legend for rev?…..totally boring and pointless.

Trahearne as Legend…besides Monsters like Glint, Mallyx or Shiro?
Maybe lore-, but not playerwise, since noone like him.

We have tons of great names from gw1 to choose, every Endboss would fit as well.
Kanaxai, Urgoz, Menzies, Lich, etcetc.

And definiltly no undead minions….because of copycat-necro.
Maybe Ghosts(Adelbern or King of Orr as as legend), or Ritu-Spirits from Togo.
Many possibilitys….whithout Trawhine or copycat.

(edited by Van Bergen.5084)

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

We already have Necro as Corruption/ Condi+Minionclass.
And he get a greatsword as Reaper.
Wy invent the same thing as legend for rev?…..totally boring and pointless.

Trahearne as Legend…besides Monsters like Glint, Mallyx or Shiro?
Maybe lore-, but not playerwise, since noone like him.

We have tons of great names from gw1 to choose, every Endboss would fit as well.
Kanaxai, Urgoz, Menzies, Lich, etcetc.

And definiltly no undead minions….because of copycat-necro.
Maybe Ghosts(Adelbern or King of Orr as as legend), or Ritu-Spirits from Togo.
Many possibilitys….whithout Trawhine or copycat.

To be clear i do not thought about a copying of necro, i thought about new branches a revenant class couöd go and i thought if a new RANGE weapon as greatsword and not a reaper ripp off.
It was just an idea i thought of because it wouöd be fit story, weappn and missong role wise but rev as nostalgia class is still the better way to go.
Actually i didnt hated trahearne, zojja was way more annoying than him and he just had his mission to fullfill.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Trahearne would be a good choice for a legend. Leading many in Tyria to take the fight to the dragons (and actually succeeding against 2) should qualify for having left a great impression upon the world and the Mists.
(I’m still hoping for a Pyre Fierceshot Legend first, though)

in Revenant

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

I was no Trahearne hater but i don’t think he fits as a legend.

The legends all draw on guild wars 1 lore which is intentional and i don’t believe that will change with the next legend. Then you have the power of Trahearne i think i fighting ability the player character is the equal if not stronger than Trahearne and then you compare him to the legends we have so far a dragon a demon….. yea he’s not in the same league.

There is also the fact that he is a necro would be pretty boring to just get a bunch of necro skills for rev.