SPOILERS & Speculation Zinn Stance 3rd Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: FranzM.1298

FranzM.1298

This is just speculation opened up for discussion. Contains LS5 spoilers.

Wouldn’t it be the coolest thing if Revenant got pistol and Zinn as the legend some day. In which they turn energy into electricity. With a M.O.X. pet? Golem AI skills? Maybe something else.

Considering this is the Guild Wars 2 Lore class and it would be super awesome to control M.O.X. again, I missed that guy.

This is in reference to the leak of the alleged shortbow being used as the 2nd elite.

in Revenant

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

I thought the name and weapon is well confirmed now.

I welcome the renagade

in Revenant

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

you know what would be cooler for revenants?

Great kittening Swords!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I think getting condi cleanse and a good balance for main mechanics would be awesome. But there are no legends among anet to accomplish this task.

in Revenant

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I like the idea of renegade but based on the lore behind her and her statue in black citadel i’m still confused as to why longbow and not greatsword.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I like the idea of renegade but based on the lore behind her and her statue in black citadel i’m still confused as to why longbow and not greatsword.

Yeah :/

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Its weird.
There was a number of people who wanted Kalla+Greatsword and those who wanted Pyre+Long/Shortbow…and they kinda gave us a bit of both for some odd reason.

I get that Kalla was Pyre’s grandcub, but I wonder if she used a ranged weapon as regularly as he did…? If we went with the statues and assumed that the weapon choice for the spec was already decided, Violo Raptorgaze/Boles Deathrain were also options for Bows if they didnt want to use Pyre….

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

While I am grateful that Anet heard myself and others’ requests for Kalla Scorchrazor, it is a real bummer she gets bow and now GS. So many missed opportunities for a unique Greatsword playstyle with Revenant… instead we just get more Pew Pew Pew. Most unsatisfying playstyle in the game, imo.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

And then, at release, we discover that we will use longbow like a greatsword at mele range.

Joke aside, Glint never ever used a shield yet we got a shield for herald. The weapon does not need to fit the legend, the weapon need to fit the specialization thematic. The keyword would then be renegade which are usually some kind of slippery character that tend to act against the order. Since we already have the slippery melee shiro, it wouldn’t be strange to expect a slippery range Kalla.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

… it is a real bummer she gets bow and not GS. So many missed opportunities for a unique Greatsword playstyle with Revenant… instead we just get more Pew Pew Pew. Most unsatisfying playstyle in the game, imo.

For “unique” you mean having a ranged greatsword, exactly the same as the Mesmer one? Because the game is already bloated of “mele” weapons used in “mystical ways” to hit targets at range.

The bow isn’t “more Pew Pew Pew”; at most will be “a viable pew pew pew” which is a thing that the current Revenant utterly lacks. YES, I’m aware thar Rev has a hammer as a ranged weapon, but has 2 big problems: 1) doesn’t work as a condition ranged weapon and 2) doesn’t work as a duelling weapon. At all.

Most of specializations are focused into providing new ways to play the classes or filling holes in the current state of the classes. Revenant is weak in terms of access to stability and condition cleanses and lacks any viable condition build (mostly because is unable to make pressure at range, so can be easily poked to death). Bow spec should at least solve this hole providing a duelling/roaming build based on conditions capable to win some fight, which is something that currently Rev is unable to do. Then, surely in one expansion later, they will found some way to make a bruiser Revenant weilding a greatsword, maybe even able to use finishers in fights.

in Revenant

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Glad it’s shortbow. I just hope the weapon and spec is good enough to see use. Hammer is fun, but I really wanted a better ranged weapon.

Why does everyone want GS so much? It’s already used on so many other professions. Do we really need even more Twilights running around?

I don’t know anything about the actual character for the spec, but that doesn’t really matter to me. I didn’t know anything about Mallyx or Jalis either, so it doesn’t really bug me if SB is out of character for this legend. It’s really not all that important to me. Glint and Ventari were the only legends I knew anything about.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

While I am grateful that Anet heard myself and others’ requests for Kalla Scorchrazor, it is a real bummer she gets bow and now GS. So many missed opportunities for a unique Greatsword playstyle with Revenant… instead we just get more Pew Pew Pew. Most unsatisfying playstyle in the game, imo.

Dragonhunter 2.0 but with shorter range cus.. shortbow usually has 900 range or so. Who tf need that kitten? How am i supposed to feel when i take a look at Kella statue where she wield greatsword i cant use despite channeling her avatar? Lol, well not my problem anyway, i already decided to not spent a cent on gw anymore. Or at least till they dont replace some team…

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

RedDeadFred.1256

Dragonhunter 2.0 but with shorter range cus.. shortbow usually has 900 range or so. Who tf need that kitten? How am i supposed to feel when i take a look at Kella statue where she wield greatsword i cant use despite channeling her avatar? Lol, well not my problem anyway, i already decided to not spent a cent on gw anymore. Or at least till they dont replace some team…

Dragonhunter 2.0 because….? You know nothing about the weapon skills or utilities…. I guess because it’s heavy armor and has a bow of some sort it means it’s automatically the same as another spec. Just like how Ele’s is going to be Mesmer 2.0 because light armor and sword. Yup that’s totally how it works. Also, the spec is supposedly ranged condi so I have no idea how you’re getting Dragonhunter out of that. Although, something tells me logic isn’t all that important here.

How are you supposed to feel when you look at some random statue in game? Idk. Spend less time looking at statues I guess if they’re going to bother you that much. Seems like an odd thing to get torn up over.

Anyway, have fun not getting the expansion I guess. Not at all surprising that you won’t be getting it. You’ve been pretty negative about the game for quite some time. I’ll be enjoying the new spec. Although, I think I’m actually more excited for the Mesmer one.

in Revenant

Posted by: mugenx.3780

mugenx.3780

How do we know it’s shortbow and not longbow? Looks a bit big for a shortbow.
Then again, chuka is rather large aswell.

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

900 range is concerning, what a wasted opportunity………….

Unless the whole profession gets an actual rework don’t expect for things to suddenly become good for Revenant.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

RedDeadFred.1256

How do we know it’s shortbow and not longbow? Looks a bit big for a shortbow.
Then again, chuka is rather large aswell.

Because the symbol showing the unlocked weapon on the specialization wheel thing is a short bow. The symbol is different from a longbow. Compare it with the Dragonhunter’s weapon unlock symbol.

Also, I’m pretty sure the leaker straight up stated that it was shortbow.

in Revenant

Khailyn.6248

I thought the background image was held as if it were a longbow but looking at the icon again it likely is shortbow (yey i can use my chuka and champawat on more than 1 of my toons!)

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Joke aside, Glint never ever used a shield yet we got a shield for herald. The weapon does not need to fit the legend, the weapon need to fit the specialization thematic.

She didnt literally use a shield, but she did “Shield” the other races during the last Dragon Uprising so I guess that’s a way to look at it.

Glad it’s shortbow. I just hope the weapon and spec is good enough to see use. Hammer is fun, but I really wanted a better ranged weapon.

Why does everyone want GS so much? It’s already used on so many other professions. Do we really need even more Twilights running around?

I feel the same way, tbh. Short Bow doesn’t get enough love as is, so seeing it appear on another profession is pretty cool, especially one that uses HA. I just find the choice of Kalla over any of the other Charr heroes who are notorious for using Ranged weapons strange.

I’m very curious as to how the Revenant shortbow skills and the legend traits/utilities will work. Who knows – there may even be a trait to increase the effective range among them. I can also imagine this having some synergy with Shiro for extra evasive ranged play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Dragonhunter 2.0 because….? You know nothing about the weapon skills or utilities…. I guess because it’s heavy armor and has a bow of some sort it means it’s automatically the same as another spec. Just like how Ele’s is going to be Mesmer 2.0 because light armor and sword. Yup that’s totally how it works. Also, the spec is supposedly ranged condi so I have no idea how you’re getting Dragonhunter out of that. Although, something tells me logic isn’t all that important here.

How are you supposed to feel when you look at some random statue in game? Idk. Spend less time looking at statues I guess if they’re going to bother you that much. Seems like an odd thing to get torn up over.

Anyway, have fun not getting the expansion I guess. Not at all surprising that you won’t be getting it. You’ve been pretty negative about the game for quite some time. I’ll be enjoying the new spec. Although, I think I’m actually more excited for the Mesmer one.

Dh 2.0 cus pewpew, also you dont know if its condi or not as like you said, we dont know anything about skills or utilities. That said if its condi it makes even less sense considering how Kalla died – by poisoned dagger. Shortbow goes against her lore, she wasnt using shortbow at all, she was using greatsword. Its like Jalis using a rifle and Shiro using maces or scepter+focus. It doesnt kittening fit theme wise. End of story.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

RedDeadFred.1256

Dh 2.0 cus pewpew, also you dont know if its condi or not as like you said, we dont know anything about skills or utilities. That said if its condi it makes even less sense considering how Kalla died – by poisoned dagger. Shortbow goes against her lore, she wasnt using shortbow at all, she was using greatsword. Its like Jalis using a rifle and Shiro using maces or scepter+focus. It doesnt kittening fit theme wise. End of story.

If we’re discussing the leaked short bow, we may as well also discuss that the leaker said it was a condi spec.

I get that lore inconsistencies are frustrating for some people, but they don’t really bother me. Story and lore have never really been highlights of this game for me.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Is condi (or hybrid) because from the leak we know that will feature even a new kind of condition damage which causes more damage for each different condition the target has (as if the game didn’t had enough condis, or tokens, by the way…).

The main reason due is -seem to be- a sb instead a lb has nothing to do with the lore: longbows are used currently by 3 classes (all of them with good use), and there’s a plenty of players with Kudzu which wouln’t waste time into forging the nex legendary bow; the shortbow instead is only used by two classes (and Rangers barely touch them). Champawat is more appealing that The Dreamer and requires more grinding to be forged (due is a HoT legendary), so placing the sb in the Rev especialization ties the number of lb and sb users and encourages Rev players to grind PvE. Tha’ts all the “metalore” yo need to known about the “why”. Also, this class is well known by the outstanding absence of lore, ask Rytlock for more references…

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Bleep man, I wanted a heavy hard hitting melee 2 hander Great Sword or Great Axe!!!

Still no new weapons in the game!

Come on Anet, step it up!

in Revenant

Khailyn.6248

Well, the thing to bear in mind, while the ‘leaks’ are very convincing, they could still be completely false. Nothing to do but wait and see.

in Revenant

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

They should have gone with Pyre Fierceshot instead, that character was more of a legend in my books anyways, also it would match the renegade/shortbow theme alot better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

This is just speculation opened up for discussion. Contains LS5 spoilers.

Wouldn’t it be the coolest thing if Revenant got pistol and Zinn as the legend some day. In which they turn energy into electricity. With a M.O.X. pet? Golem AI skills? Maybe something else.

Considering this is the Guild Wars 2 Lore class and it would be super awesome to control M.O.X. again, I missed that guy.

This is in reference to the leak of the alleged shortbow being used as the 2nd elite.

I would prefer those themes to be added to the engineer, to be fair.

They should have gone with Pyre Fierceshot instead, that character was more of a legend in my books anyways, also it would match the renegade/shortbow theme alot better.

Nah, Pyre shouldn’t be a legend because he had no special powers. He was a normal dude, fighting some evil sorcerers. Kinda similar in vibes to classic sword and sorcery tales, like Conan the Barbarian.

If you turn Pyre into a legend, you leave revenant with non-magic skills? Then it’s lame and boring. If you give Pyre magic skills, then you’re ruining his character. And to be fair, any cool ideas you could make around Pyre would fit ranger better, because he was one after all.

They should have gone with a Flame Legion legend instead. An evil shaman, who can summon dark fire and Searing crystals. Some good condi spec with lots of burning.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

(edited by Lonami.2987)

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I was really hoping for a Norn legend, because well… it’s their thing. The recently immortalized Norn ranger + Longbow, the dream – I think it would actually be a neat twist. But I suppose there are so many choices that it’s hard to single one out.

Anyway, I definitely think it will be a ranged weapon regardless if any leaks are true. The Hammer is cool but it only has a power aspect, there is too much of a gap in the Rev ranged department.

(edited by Amethyst Lure.5624)

in Revenant

Khailyn.6248

I was really hoping for a Norn legend, because well… it’s their thing. The recently immortalized Norn ranger + Longbow, the dream – I think it would actually be a neat twist. But I suppose there are so many choices that it’s hard to single one out.

Anyway, I definitely think it will be a ranged weapon regardless if any leaks are true. The Hammer is cool but it only has a power aspect, there is too much of a gap in the Rev ranged department.

Maybe for the expansion after next, but perhaps Greatsword with Jora? I personally would rather not see Eir as a legend. Unfortunately not many Norn come to mind.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I really wanted Greatsword or Great Axe.
but if Short Bow it is, I hope the legend is more fun to use than Glint was.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

She didnt literally use a shield, but she did “Shield” the other races during the last Dragon Uprising so I guess that’s a way to look at it.

Yeah, plus her wing is conveniently shield shaped.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glint%27s_Bastion

I personally would rather not see Eir as a legend.

With the newly introduced revenant class, their not having any female or norn legends and her heroic death, she does stand out as a good choice.

The problem is new revenants. For them she isn’t dead yet. They probably could weave some kind of explanation like the mists being timeless, but it is an unnecessary complication given how many dead potential legends there are.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

probably pyre fierceshot utility

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

To me, the real problem with Eir is that she was a member of an existing profession. Do we really need a Legendary Ranger Stance?

Asgeir Dragonrender seems much more likely for a norn legend.

They should have gone with a Flame Legion legend instead. An evil shaman, who can summon dark fire and Searing crystals. Some good condi spec with lots of burning.

Or Bathea Havocbringer. She was a rebellious member of the Shaman caste, but enough of a blank slate that they could give her magic arrows without it seeming too far off.

Mind you, I don’t remember Jalis throwing his hammer in GW1. :-P

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.