in Revenant

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Proof that the gw2 heroes are weaker than the gw1 heroes when I easily dispatched this villain in Factions, and yet now he is (along with the revenant class in general) supposed to turn the tide against the dragons.

My gw1 Monk would smite these dragons easily… I guess we have experienced degeneration over the past hundreds of years.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I like the Jade Wind mechanic, that’s a nice touch. I hope Shiro won’t make some of the other legends obsolete though. Or devalue them too much. That would be a wrong step for the class.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I like the Jade Wind mechanic, that’s a nice touch. I hope Shiro won’t make some of the other legends obsolete though. Or devalue them too much. That would be a wrong step for the class.

if he supplys the class with some “somewhat acceptabe” dps then it renders the other legends obsolete by default

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’m wagering a guess that his heal skill is an upkeep skill and Jade Wind is the Elite.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Looks cool, but I feel they missed a few opportunities with the skill names.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Will there be a lifestream showcasing this legend like with the others?

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Randulf.7614

From the article:

If you want to see the new revenant legend in action, you can watch it this Friday when Roy Cronacher joins host Rubi Bayer on Points of Interest at 12 p.m. PDT on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2).

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Crovax.7854

From the article:

If you want to see the new revenant legend in action, you can watch it this Friday when Roy Cronacher joins host Rubi Bayer on Points of Interest at 12 p.m. PDT on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2).

Hurrdurr me no can read apparently. That’s unpossible oO
Thanks

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Ichimaru.8259

Ichimaru.8259

It’s so sad all four legends are male.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well glint is a chick and she is coming too

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

ZudetGambeous.9573

The demon is gender-less and the elite spec is female. They mostly took the characters that were most famous in GW1. Future specs may include some additional females. The problem is they can’t use human gods since they are still around and human only, which cuts out the best female possibilities.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Anet’s article is up now: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/slashing-devastation-and-a-memorable-assassin/

For him being the dps class, those skills don’t sound like it will be that much dps, unless the swords have higher damage than normal sword skills (on other classes).

Core Weapons
Mace (Main-Hand)
Axe (Off-Hand)
Sword (Main-Hand)
Sword (Off-Hand)
Hammer
Staff

If those are the core weapons, does that mean underwater weapon(s) aren’t core weapons then? Does the Revenant not get to fight underwater?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Randulf.7614

It will get UW weapons since the PS contains UW content. It’s just they chose to not announce that info.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Proof that the gw2 heroes are weaker than the gw1 heroes when I easily dispatched this villain in Factions, and yet now he is (along with the revenant class in general) supposed to turn the tide against the dragons.

My gw1 Monk would smite these dragons easily… I guess we have experienced degeneration over the past hundreds of years.

From a lore perspective that’s actually true. Remember the dragons are here to consume the magic in the world, so there has been a steady decrease in magical power since they’ve awaken. (Unless you’re the Queen and her Mesmer BFF, in which case you are two of the most powerful mesmers to have ever existed in Tyria.)

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

It will get UW weapons since the PS contains UW content. It’s just they chose to not announce that info.

Yeah, there are very few of us that actually enjoy UW combat/content so they probably didn’t care to mention it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

ZudetGambeous.9573

You’re assuming that they won’t just remove the UW portions of the personal story. Since they removed the underwater portions of:

PvP zones
WvW zones
Starter zones
weapon sets released in the last year
a few mid-level zones with scarlet

I don’t know why you would assume they would suddenly design additional skills and traits for a new class for UW content. The logical conclusion is that HoT will remove the remaining water.

I think when they say complete they mean complete. This is their covert announcement that HoT will be removing UW content I guess.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I miss battle scars and Impossible odds

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Randulf.7614

You’re assuming that they won’t just remove the UW portions of the personal story. Since they removed the underwater portions of:

PvP zones
WvW zones
Starter zones
weapon sets released in the last year
a few mid-level zones with scarlet

I don’t know why you would assume they would suddenly design additional skills and traits for a new class for UW content. The logical conclusion is that HoT will remove the remaining water.

I think when they say complete they mean complete. This is their covert announcement that HoT will be removing UW content I guess.

I would be immensely surprised to see any further adjustments to the PS and it is FAR more work to remove the entire amount of water from the game/story and re-terrain it rather than add a set of skills for a single profession. To remove all that for 1 profession is far, far more illogical.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Not to mention meditation of the reaper.
What is this jade dagger shenanigans anyway? Meditation of the reaper already was an offensive heal skill.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

TheDaiBish.9735

What is this jade dagger shenanigans anyway? Meditation of the reaper already was an offensive heal skill.

From what it says I’d say it’s a watered down version of Battle Scars, in which while it’s active your attacks gain life-steal, except it’s not dependent on incoming damage.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Evans.6347

But why call it ‘Enchanted Daggers’?

“For the physical-damage legend, we wanted someone who would make sense for high mobility and have a darker theme.”

So we make his heal skill sound like something used by a pretty, pretty princess!

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But why call it ‘Enchanted Daggers’?

“For the physical-damage legend, we wanted someone who would make sense for high mobility and have a darker theme.”

So we make his heal skill sound like something used by a pretty, pretty princess!

What does Enchanted have to do with a pretty pretty princess?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

darker theme

ooooh edgy
gag

And I don’t recall Shiro wearing a corset.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

BuddhaKeks.4857

Has anyone noticed that all other legends are defined by their race (e.g. Legendary Dwarf Stance) but Shiro is defined by his profession (Legendary Assassin Stance)?

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Evans.6347

I don’t like the name because there were better old skills available. You don’t have to gang up on me

Don’t make me drag the manifesto in this to get my way!

Has anyone noticed that all other legends are defined by their race (e.g. Legendary Dwarf Stance) but Shiro is defined by his profession (Legendary Assassin Stance)?

Good point. Probably because there will be more human legends in the future I assume.

(edited by Evans.6347)

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

This could possibly be explained by our Revenants simulating Shiro or aspiring to be more like him rather than actually becoming him. After all, Shiro was the only one we know of with such powerful abilities. I think it’s pretty realistic, story-wise (and balance-wise!) that we don’t get his most powerful of abilities.

No other legend does this either, as were merely become like them to accomplish our tasks, but they are right there in our minds offering some level of their skills and knowledge (lore-wise).

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

TheDaiBish.9735

Where is it called Legendary Assassin Stance?

Personally, i think Legendary Betrayer Stance sounds better.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: SeaMonsterGuy.5032

SeaMonsterGuy.5032

They really should add variation utility skills. When I’m building my Revenant it would be much more interesting to be able to choose from 1 of 2 (or 3) Shiro themed heals, utilities, and elites. It would be cool to be able to choose which skills from Shiro’s vast power I want to use. It would allow for much more Revenant customization, and allow me to be different from every other Revenant.

That is assuming each weapon is thematically tied to a Legend and trait line, making a staff Shiro/Mallyx Revenant not viable. For example if Shiro/Jalis were to become meta, I would be forced into 1 or 2 weapon sets and the same 10 utilities forever. Variation on “meta” would be very small, since maybe everyone will want to run Shiro, everyone has the same exact 5 Utility skills and similar traits, so every Revenant is the same, I can’t feel unique. Although it could be very fun, I find it short sighted in long term design. Maybe Elite Specializations could fix that problem, but I don’t see them releasing new ones too frequently.

Of course, I’m very open to being proven wrong. I’m now finally excited for a HoT beta. So please prove me wrong community.

Edited because the word a. (rr)senal was sensored…

(edited by SeaMonsterGuy.5032)

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The Elitism is strong with this one. “Run Shiro or be kicked..”

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

aspirine.6852

That is saying if the damage output of shiro is any good, I hope it is.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Evans.6347

If not we can still run Shiro with double silly scimitar. Fear my squeaky sword!

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

aspirine.6852

If not we can still run Shiro with double silly scimitar. Fear my squeaky sword!

I feel epic battles coming up, Shiro vs Rampage.. Place your bets..

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Evans.6347

I feel epic battles coming up, Shiro vs Rampage.. Place your bets..

How much is the payout for impossible odds?

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

BuddhaKeks.4857

Where is it called Legendary Assassin Stance?

Personally, i think Legendary Betrayer Stance sounds better.

I saw it on the wiki. I thought they got it from one of the newsposts, but it’s gone now. I guess it was just one user making a hasty edit.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Shiro!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

if he supplys the class with some “somewhat acceptabe” dps then it renders the other legends obsolete by default

Well that doesn’t go without qualification, as long as the zerker-meta is still supreme.
But here’s to hoping the ‘challenging content’ that we’ve all been hyping up so much that it can’t possibly meet said hype, does away with the zerker-meta.

Well even if this was the case, it’s not that big of deal? Is it? Nah.

From a lore perspective that’s actually true. Remember the dragons are here to consume the magic in the world, so there has been a steady decrease in magical power since they’ve awaken. (Unless you’re the Queen and her Mesmer BFF, in which case you are two of the most powerful mesmers to have ever existed in Tyria.)

This tends to be a general issue among named characters, though.

darker theme

ooooh edgy
gag

And I don’t recall Shiro wearing a corset.

Hey the man let him self go about in the Mists, he just wants to look good that’s all.

So Legendary Human Stance? :P

And assuming the zerker-meta continues.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I wouldnt call Shiro a legend, i would call him a defeated foe.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Crovax.7854

It will depend mostly on how much group support the stance has. Judging from the skills they have revealed I have little hope Rev will be a sought after class, at least in fractals. Granted, I only do fractals 50, maybe 40 sometimes so no idea how much different it is in dungeons considering how much easier they are.
Shiro just seems to have a rather PvP oriented, egoistical playstyle. Let’s hope traits make up for it.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Shiro just seems to have a rather PvP oriented, egoistical playstyle. Let’s hope traits make up for it.

I don’t think this is a bad thing. Other classes are in the same boat, and it’s pretty common in a lot of MMO’s to have some classes that are better in PvP than they are in PvE.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Looks cool, but I feel they missed a few opportunities with the skill names.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shiro_Tagachi

Battle Scars
Echoing Banishment
Meditation of the Reaper
Riposting Shadows

“Impossible Odds”

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I’m almost certain that many GW1 veterans would have loved to have a skill named Impossible Odds. So many memories both good and bad are conjured up by those two words linked together. Seriously, Anet only listed three of Shiro’s stance skills, I’m hoping that at least one of the two unmentioned skills will be Impossible Odds.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

The race trend is why I hope they go with Legendary Envoy Stance.

If they have to deviate, I’d say ‘Betrayer’ is better than ‘Assassin’, but eh… Stick with the races.
Then we could hope for:
Legendary Lich Stance – Khilbron
Legendary Oni Stance – Kanaxai
Legendary… Warden/Tree/Whatever… Stance – Urgoz
Legendary Dolyak Stance – Professor Yakkington
etc…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I have a feeling my poor revenant is going to be telling Shiro to shut up a lot in the future.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

BuddhaKeks.4857

The race trend is why I hope they go with Legendary Envoy Stance.

Yeah I was hoping they would go for Envoy Stance too. He might not have been always one, but for most of his existence he was.

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

They left out the other two skill names of the Shiro stance. I hope there will be a skill called ‘Impossible Odds’. Such an iconic skill.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Shiro post is up!

in Revenant

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

From what it says I’d say it’s a watered down version of Battle Scars, in which while it’s active your attacks gain life-steal, except it’s not dependent on incoming damage.

I’m sort of surprised Battle Scars isn’t the heal skill, but it does make sense; unless it’s the same in all but name (the Mallyx stance skills are quite close in functionality) you get walloped for lots of damage you don’t get much healing, and if you get walloped for lots of health you can gut an enemy (or pve boss) in a few blows. It would be a real drag to balance. A more obvious shiro-ken style was what I was expecting, rather than a jade daggers appearance. I won’t be throwing my toys out of the pram, I want to see this stance in action before I say anything.

They really should add variation utility skills. When I’m building my Revenant it would be much more interesting to be able to choose from 1 of 2 (or 3) Shiro themed heals, utilities, and elites. It would be cool to be able to choose which skills from Shiro’s vast power I want to use. It would allow for much more Revenant customization, and allow me to be different from every other Revenant.

That is assuming each weapon is thematically tied to a Legend and trait line, making a staff Shiro/Mallyx Revenant not viable. For example if Shiro/Jalis were to become meta, I would be forced into 1 or 2 weapon sets and the same 10 utilities forever. Variation on “meta” would be very small, since maybe everyone will want to run Shiro, everyone has the same exact 5 Utility skills and similar traits, so every Revenant is the same, I can’t feel unique. Although it could be very fun, I find it short sighted in long term design. Maybe Elite Specializations could fix that problem, but I don’t see them releasing new ones too frequently.

Of course, I’m very open to being proven wrong. I’m now finally excited for a HoT beta. So please prove me wrong community.

I think the bolded bit is what will make or break the class, going off the last beta. If the traits give wildly different abilities then against two revenants using the same weapons with the same stances could be fighting essentially two different classes.

(edited by Loki.4871)