Shiro's heal skill

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

This could very well be a L2P thing but I have played enough Revenant to unlock Herald and in the process used Jalis and Shiro and under pressure when on Shiro I feel like I have to draw back and wait for Jalis to come off CD to use his far superior healing skill. I understand the theme, Shiro is an assassin, it should reward a brutal fighting style. I feel like the dagger themselves barely heal you, and the only attack I feel safest to do it with is sword #3. When I use hammer to attack at range, the counter attacking with that barely heals me, and I have to use all hammer skills that damage to quickly get as much little ho back as possible before the buff goes away. On top of that, the initial heal is so laughable that it might as well shouldn’t even be there.

In BWE I didn’t use the Berserker’s rage heal for half the same reason, it heals initially for so little. If I use a heal I’m in danger so why are they forcing me to put myself in MORE danger to heal up? If you do that at least give me some backbone of health to stand a chance in my already weakened state.

EDIT: so after reading the replies you were all so wonderful as to respond with, I’m leaving with the take home message to use the skill as a DPS boost rather than treat it as a heal. Tricky, but I can get behind that

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

I agree Shiro’s heal isn’t so much of an actual heal as it is a supplementary damage skill.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Shiro heal is terrible and need rework. Nothing on your part. I could care less about the assasin theme when they nerfed PT. Under heavy pressure its useless.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Rework? Please no. This skill is perfect as it is. It’s an offensive-oriented heal skill that suites the theme of the legend as it should.

Reworking this would either homogenize the legend by making it another bland heal that does little to nothing offensively or just makes it OP by giving it a big heal without reducing the damage.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Nautix.6385

Nautix.6385

Shiro’s skill actually works even if you activate it then invoke another legend. The heal still works. Technically you can activate Shiro’s heal then switch to Jalis and activate that heal as well, effectively giving you two heals.

The best thing about it is that it needs to only be activated and then you can switch to a different legend and move on. It’s actually quite good once you start using it with other legends.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Rework? Please no. This skill is perfect as it is. It’s an offensive-oriented heal skill that suites the theme of the legend as it should.

Reworking this would either homogenize the legend by making it another bland heal that does little to nothing offensively or just makes it OP by giving it a big heal without reducing the damage.

Yeah, exactly. Inst that weird you use healing skill as dps boost? For me it is. Are healing skills supposed to heal and save you or increase your dps? Rebember WHoA? Everyone does.

And the theme is something i really dont care anymore. Between assassin and demon
(Mallyx) i would consider demon to be more dangerous. Our assasin is so gut that they cant catch up with mere thief. Its a proof that theme doesnt matter and should not overshadow functionality of the skill.

Shiro’s skill actually works even if you activate it then invoke another legend.

So does Glint heal.Your point? If you have to use second healing skill to actually survive then you just gave me a proof that Shiro healing ability is terrible.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Lol it is one of the best rev skills. To sum up it is about 6k dmg and 5k heal. You just have to use it properly. It works like signet (f.e. malice) but with activation and dps boost.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I don’t get the complaint. It’s a heal that you cast at the start of a fight and do increased damage while sustaining yourself.
It’s fine.

I really don’t understand what everyone’s fascination is with having the same exact functionality for everything. We lost an amazing condi spec and got a generic condi spammer(and some people claim it’s unique now…); I don’t want the same thing to happen to Shiro, where he slowly becomes something incredibly generic. Right now, he’s an assassin that sacrifices escapes and a strong mid-fight heal for good sustained damage/healing, Quickness/Super Speed, and the best Stun Break in the class.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Lol it is one of the best rev skills. To sum up it is about 6k dmg and 5k heal. You just have to use it properly. It works like signet (f.e. malice) but with activation and dps boost.

I can use Signet of Malice, it can be supplemented since thieves have the tools to help, such as caltrops being able to proc it as well as the various thief aoe dmg ticks. But heals such as this that I have to use preemptively I don’t get. What if I won’t need it? What if I do need it but am taking too much pressure?

I don’t get the complaint. It’s a heal that you cast at the start of a fight and do increased damage while sustaining yourself.
It’s fine.

I really don’t understand what everyone’s fascination is with having the same exact functionality for everything. We lost an amazing condi spec and got a generic condi spammer(and some people claim it’s unique now…); I don’t want the same thing to happen to Shiro, where he slowly becomes something incredibly generic. Right now, he’s an assassin that sacrifices escapes and a strong mid-fight heal for good sustained damage/healing, Quickness/Super Speed, and the best Stun Break in the class.

I don’t want generic play, that’s why I like this class so much. I just want a heal skill that functions as a heal skill. If I wanted more DPS is use runes sigils etc to or go Herald for fury, not use a heal skill. When I use a heal skill it’s because I want to not die and survive not go out and get myself killed. All I’m asking for is a somewhat better initial heal, not a hits worth of dmg healed.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I can use Signet of Malice, it can be supplemented since thieves have the tools to help, such as caltrops being able to proc it as well as the various thief aoe dmg ticks. But heals such as this that I have to use preemptively I don’t get. What if I won’t need it? What if I do need it but am taking too much pressure?

If you use it but won’t need it, then you’ve given yourself a DPS boost. Congrats!

If you do need it, but are taking too much pressure. Then congratulations again! You’ve overextended yourself! Use the Shiro heal, swap to your other legend, use that legend’s heal, and either run away or fight defensively!

To me, this is more a higher damage, solo friendly version of Vampirism Signet than it is an analogue of Signet of Malice. It’s also a combined DPS boost and heal skill, and really shouldn’t be expected to to both things while also instant healing for 20k.

You have two heal skills. Two. Jalis’s heal is actually quite good, and Glint’s is STRONGER when you’re under heavy pressure. Hit 6, F1, and then 6 again. You’ll have the benefits of the Shiro heal in another stance as well as that other stance’s heal.

Shiro is a highly offense, speed, and dodge-oriented Stance. It makes SENSE that it be a little lacking when it comes to one thing, which happens to be pure healing.

If this is too hard for you to manage, then I’d suggest the same thing to you that any number of people have suggested to any number of others on this forum: L2P.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I think ArenaNet may have been trying to push incentive for Healing Power with this one. Shiro and Devastation have a lot of leeching skills in the same way Necromancer does. Considering Healing Power is a viable stat on life leech Necromancers, they may have wanted the same thing for Revenant, through Shiro.

I do feel the base heal needs to be more though. With 0 Healing Power, its only a little over 1000 healing.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Nautix.6385

Shiro’s skill actually works even if you activate it then invoke another legend.

So does Glint heal.Your point? If you have to use second healing skill to actually survive then you just gave me a proof that Shiro healing ability is terrible.

My point is that every other profession has 1 heal on 1 timer. Revenant gets two heals on two timers.
On other professions, you can’t just use the heal then switch to a different heal and use that. Basically Shiro + Glint or Shiro + Jalis or even Glint + Jalis is supposed to be the same one heal for any other profession.

Shiro’s heal is absolutely fine, it’s inconvenient as it’s not a traditional heal and requires some preparation to actually use effectively. Try using it at 70% hp instead of 20% and see the difference.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

for pve it works great with Shiro GM life leach trait and Omnom berries for more life stealing.

With those 3 pop your impossiable odds for the quickness and just auto attack away, watch you health sky rocket back up to full

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

My point is that every other profession has 1 heal on 1 timer. Revenant gets two heals on two timers.
On other professions, you can’t just use the heal then switch to a different heal and use that. Basically Shiro + Glint or Shiro + Jalis or even Glint + Jalis is supposed to be the same one heal for any other profession.

Shiro’s heal is absolutely fine, it’s inconvenient as it’s not a traditional heal and requires some preparation to actually use effectively. Try using it at 70% hp instead of 20% and see the difference.

Other professions have stronger heals tho. Even played engineer? Healing turret is insane. The thing is you telling me to use it at 70% hp instead of 20%, its cool, i know how it works. Now howered tell me what in situation when fight drags on, you are at 20% hp, your second healing skill is on cd along with UA and Shiro healing just came off cd while your second heal still has 17cd.

In this situation Shiro heal is useless, inst it? You can cast it for 2k heal, run around in hope you will kite long enough to actually survive cause if you try to go back into fight you will die trading hits trying to heal – thats how its supposed to work? Moreover, 15sec timer is too low for weapon like hammer as its quite hard to trigger them all with such slow weapon.

For me its quite simple. If you dont have UA youre pretty much running with olny one healing skill. Try playing for a while with staff/hammer and tell me how Shiro heal worked when you got +1.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Good for PVE, trash at PvP vs decently skilled players.

Stella Truth Seeker

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Nautix.6385

Other professions have stronger heals tho. Even played engineer? Healing turret is insane. The thing is you telling me to use it at 70% hp instead of 20%, its cool, i know how it works. Now howered tell me what in situation when fight drags on, you are at 20% hp, your second healing skill is on cd along with UA and Shiro healing just came off cd while your second heal still has 17cd.

In this situation Shiro heal is useless, inst it? You can cast it for 2k heal, run around in hope you will kite long enough to actually survive cause if you try to go back into fight you will die trading hits trying to heal – thats how its supposed to work? Moreover, 15sec timer is too low for weapon like hammer as its quite hard to trigger them all with such slow weapon.

For me its quite simple. If you dont have UA youre pretty much running with olny one healing skill. Try playing for a while with staff/hammer and tell me how Shiro heal worked when you got +1.

Use your shield 4 + 5 = 6k heal

Also, Glint heal is insane as well if you are having lots of incoming damage and pop it just before. Shiro is just an offensive heal and not a defensive one, different play style basically.

I do realize that if all you have is Shiro heal and less than 50% health… you are kind of doomed :\

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Honestly, Enchanted Daggers is our strongest heal not counting how situational Infuse Light is. Just because it isn’t bursty doesn’t mean it’s not good, and it’s not only our strongest heal it’s also a DPS increase in the Shiro rotation, so there is really no reason to complain.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I do realize that if all you have is Shiro heal and less than 50% health… you are kind of doomed :\

Yep, thats why its bad in current state and 15sec duration doesnt help at all.

Honestly, Enchanted Daggers is our strongest heal not counting how situational Infuse Light is. Just because it isn’t bursty doesn’t mean it’s not good, and it’s not only our strongest heal it’s also a DPS increase in the Shiro rotation, so there is really no reason to complain.

Our best healing skill is empowering misery. If you have any enemy necro around which is not rare lately it can heal 10k just with one button, the animations is also fast.

Enchanted daggers is our second worst healing skill, feels more like dps boost than healing skill as it is useless in situations when healing skill is needed the most. N1. is Ventari Will but given the fact how Ventari in general is supposed to work i could open a debate which one is worse.

My rankins is; Mallyx heal>Glint heal>Jalis heal>Shiro heal>Ventari heal.

Shiro healing simply doesnt work without being carried by UA vs most opponents that knows what they doing. It also doesnt do the basic work to save your kitten when you need it. I keep have feeling that it was supposed to work olny in 1v1 while wielding sword mh.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

There has to be a tradeoff for using Shiro. It can’t have the best damage and the best mobility and the best sustain. The heal skill fits the legend perfectly, from a thematic standpoint. It isn’t an ability that will totally turn the fight if you are at low health by design.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

At the same time you have to remember these aren’t supposed to be the very best heals, considering we have two of them albeit at the significant cost of having to swap legend. I feel like Shiro works quite well, doubling as a DPS skill. You have to use the right weapon for it though if you want fast heals – the Hammer is a lot worse at burst healing with it than the Staff or Sword.

The Glint heal is an outlier in my eyes, since it can be the best heal in the game by far with foresight and the right situation, providing multiple huge heals within its duration, or it can do little if you’re faced by attrition. All this with no cast time whatsoever. I wouldn’t call it balanced in any direction but it’s quite enjoyable, and perhaps that variance balances it out in the end.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

Infused Light is my arguably favorite Revenant skill, but I wish they hadn’t nerf’d the duration in PvE, mobs don’t attack like players, let us PvE-er’s have that 4s duration back.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Yeah, I feel like the Glint heal has a trade off. It is potentially the best if used at the right time and makes a great panic button (unlike Shiro’s), but it can be the worst heal too if used at the wrong moment. To me that’s fair.

Infused Light is my arguably favorite Revenant skill, but I wish they hadn’t nerf’d the duration in PvE, mobs don’t attack like players, let us PvE-er’s have that 4s duration back.

This is just my opinion, put it is my belief that the change had nothing to do with the healing ability and everything to do with the block duration. As Daniel Handler pointed out during beta, there was an absurd amount of block/evade uptime before, along with tremendous access to damage reduction.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

You are not taking into the account that you can use shiro’s heal skill then immediately get a second heal after switching to your alternate legend. Shiro’s skill is great where it is, especially when you can pair it with personal quickness and heal a large amount very quickly.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Please do keep in mind that Rev is the only class that can use 2 heal skills back to back, though come with a price of having to change strategy because you are presented with a different set of skills in exchange for using a second heal skill. But hey, anything but dying right?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Yep, thats why its bad in current state and 15sec duration doesnt help at all.

Our best healing skill is empowering misery. If you have any enemy necro around which is not rare lately it can heal 10k just with one button, the animations is also fast.

Enchanted daggers is our second worst healing skill, feels more like dps boost than healing skill as it is useless in situations when healing skill is needed the most. N1. is Ventari Will but given the fact how Ventari in general is supposed to work i could open a debate which one is worse.

My rankins is; Mallyx heal>Glint heal>Jalis heal>Shiro heal>Ventari heal.

Shiro healing simply doesnt work without being carried by UA vs most opponents that knows what they doing. It also doesnt do the basic work to save your kitten when you need it. I keep have feeling that it was supposed to work olny in 1v1 while wielding sword mh.

You have also a small heal with damage reduction/condition reduction (incl a small AoE damage) from Vengeful Hammers which work much in the same way as healing form Shiro does: increasing outgoing damage at same time as providing time for heal to take effects.

Switching legendary stance does also keep VH running until energy have been depleted. With dark fields from hammer (our 2H weapon) or UA we can also have Lifesteal (damage+healing) or AoE Blind (blasting from Mace or Hammer) to buy us some more time to heal back to enough health to stay alive.

Main problem is that swapping legendary stance have a 10 sec in between each swap and it can be hard to predict incoming damage/condition while you are in WvW or sPvP to get out of trouble with just a direct heal (or signets with its passive feature to provide small amount healing and a large one as active) to save your day.

Now we have to manage our energy usage/build up, when to swap to another legend and its CD and all utilities/heals/elites individual CD (although short CD for each; still in need to keep in those in check). In a fight with heavy condition (especially AoE condition) it can be hard to really stay in Shiro to do damage and keep alive long enough to be able to switch into Jailis for condi cleans and healing (+VH).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that on swap sigil (and runes which also trigger on healing or elite) actually also trigger on Legendary Stance swap, so you could equip sigils to compensate for what Shiro healing is lacking. We have both weapon swap and Legendary Stance swap which will trigger on swap sigils, so from that point of view we have more tools to actually adjust what could be lacking in keeping us alive.

(edited by ShadowCatz.8437)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Guys. Shiro’s heal skill is literally Troll Unguent from Ranger except that it requires you to hit an enemy. In other words, it’s meant to sustain you in a fight rather than let you recover from nasty hits. Use it offensively and your other legend skill to actually recover. I’ve been able to survive 3v1’s on my Revenant using Shiro’s heal and Glint WITHOUT Shield and I’m not even the greatest Revenant. Using Shiro’s heal effectively is an l2p thing.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Alright, let’s go at it again. Without Healing Power, considering no one runs HP on a Revenant, the Mallyx heal heals for 4600 base up to 6388 with 3 conditions on you. The Shiro heal heals you for 6488 over time while also doing damage. It is not a bursty heal, but it is our best heal outside of the situational Infuse Light.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I’m not sure why the complaint. As a rule we pair the heal with Impossible Odds so even with hammer it heals as it should. Five (or is it six?) hits healing for 900 HP each. I don’t know man. A heal that also hurts? I just use it as soon as I get to Shiro and usually just camp hammer.

Even with sword it’s the same deal. I face tank champs at least for those seconds. Impossible odds, Enchanted daggers.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

There has to be a tradeoff for using Shiro. It can’t have the best damage and the best mobility and the best sustain. The heal skill fits the legend perfectly, from a thematic standpoint. It isn’t an ability that will totally turn the fight if you are at low health by design.

The mobility is kitten. Its bugs more often than actually work. Might as well not be there at all now. If its useless at low hp then its useless as a whole healing skill cause after all, healing skills are supposed to keep you alive unless we started plaiyng some new game where we use healing skills as dps moves now.

You are not taking into the account that you can use shiro’s heal skill then immediately get a second heal after switching to your alternate legend. Shiro’s skill is great where it is, especially when you can pair it with personal quickness and heal a large amount very quickly.

You dindt even bother to read replies, did you? If you dont care, then simply keep this kind of stuff to yourself. If you had to use second healing skill right after Shiro one then it means Shiro healing skill failed to do it job and keep you in a fight.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that on swap sigil (and runes which also trigger on healing or elite) actually also trigger on Legendary Stance swap

They doesnt. Also hammers are useless outside of pve, they do more harm than good.

Guys. Shiro’s heal skill is literally Troll Unguent from Ranger except that it requires you to hit an enemy. In other words, it’s meant to sustain you in a fight rather than let you recover from nasty hits. Use it offensively and your other legend skill to actually recover. I’ve been able to survive 3v1’s on my Revenant using Shiro’s heal and Glint WITHOUT Shield and I’m not even the greatest Revenant. Using Shiro’s heal effectively is an l2p thing.

You mean “i have meet 3 noobs that keep attacking me under Glint healing me back to full hp” thing? Yeah, i believe that works pretty well.

__
Ps. the duration of Shiro heal is a joke..15 seconds? I can outstealth it on my thief if i want to or even simply evade over and over. Who ever thought 15sec duration is a good idea when it need at 20 so it can actually work with hammer and random blinds?

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

If you’re using a Hammer, place Hammer 4, Impossible Odds and you’ll have another strong heal as well.

Shiro Heal is strong if you use it with UA. You gain an evade frame, and you’ll be healing and damaging more for each hit you land while you have stacks. It is somewhat underwhelming on some builds, but I find it great with Sword and Hammer builds.

Previous poster… why would anyone reset combat for 15s only to avoid Shiro Heal? That is hardly useful anywhere, even harmful to that player’s team in PvP. We can argue that both Glint/Shiro heals are rather uneffective in 1v1 scenarios against good players though, as they’ll wait for you to pop Glint heal as soon as you start taking damage in Glint form, and they can evade/block/invuln/blind all of the life steal stacks from Shiro. In a 1v1 scenario Glint/Shiro Revenant sustain relies more heavily on the mistakes of your opponent than most other builds.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

(edited by Ritt.3069)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

Q + sword 3 = extra burst and you come out fully healed from all the daggers, whilst evading during the healing process. Sounds even better to me than Jalis Q (because you heal in chunk and in next second that chunk can be blown away).

Vertor et revertor.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Rain.9213

You mean “i have meet 3 noobs that keep attacking me under Glint healing me back to full hp” thing? Yeah, i believe that works pretty well.

__
Ps. the duration of Shiro heal is a joke..15 seconds? I can outstealth it on my thief if i want to or even simply evade over and over. Who ever thought 15sec duration is a good idea when it need at 20 so it can actually work with hammer and random blinds?

You know you can time the glint heal preemptively into an incoming burst to trick them into healing you right?

Either way if you don’t like Shiro’s heal, then don’t use it. Use Jalis or Mallyx. Shiro offers enough to be worth sacrificing an instant heal. I’m not having much trouble surviving with Shiro’s heal and as I said, I’m not the best Revenant so I’m sure better ones can out survive me even more.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

With hammer as 2nd set you can get a nice heal under pressure.
On shiro just use the heal, move away from the damage, switch to hammer, cast #4 , keep auto attacking, you’ll get 2 sources of healing per hit and you’ll be in long range and will be blocking projectiles and above all that you keep DPSing, can it be any better?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

__

You know you can time the glint heal preemptively into an incoming burst to trick them into healing you right?

Either way if you don’t like Shiro’s heal, then don’t use it. Use Jalis or Mallyx. Shiro offers enough to be worth sacrificing an instant heal. I’m not having much trouble surviving with Shiro’s heal and as I said, I’m not the best Revenant so I’m sure better ones can out survive me even more.

If they were experienced they would just poke you to bait healing skill in glint stance. If they tried to burst you without baiting glint heal first then it pretty much confirms everything about them being noobs and it has nothing to do with being preemptively. They just spammed hoping for fast kill.

You go agressive vs rev when hes in Shiro as rev player most likely will be desperate to actually proc his healing (UA comes to mind as the olny reliable way obviously) and upon swap to glint you poke him to bait healing. Its well know tactic already to beat revenants. Just like cc revs as they come out of shield 5 or use unblockables and nuke them. Once you bait glint heal, rev becomes freekill and even more desperate to actually proc Shiro terrible heal in hope he will survive long enough. So yeah if you been doing fine in 1v3 thats good, howered it says more about your opponents being terrible.

And sadly other legends doesnt have stunbreak so Shiro is mandatory in current state till other legends dont receive proper buffs. I could care less about Shiro mobility cus as i said..its bugged as kitten. Even small stone can cause your teleport to fail (and fails more often than work so unless you have straight line on flat area to your target, dont waste your energy+recently added joke cd) in current state and if you dont believe here is small example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1BZDPL8KA

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

You can actually use glint heal while CC’d too. But I mean, I also love Mallyx heal. I think we have quite good heals despite them being tuned lower. The lower is conditional, so if you do things right they heal really well.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

If they were experienced they would just poke you to bait healing skill in glint stance. If they tried to burst you without baiting glint heal first …

It’s a good thing players deviate from their strategy under pressure.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I could care less about the assasin theme when they nerfed PT. .

You just lost all credibility with this statement here imo. If you don’t care enough about the themes behind the skills, then it really reflects your attitude about the class as a whole.

The mobility is kitten. Its bugs more often than actually work. Might as well not be there at all now.

In my experience, the mobility of Shiro is not a kitten but is quite good and hardly bugs out on me. I play almost exclusively in WvW where mobility is king.

You dindt even bother to read replies, did you? If you dont care, then simply keep this kind of stuff to yourself. If you had to use second healing skill right after Shiro one then it means Shiro healing skill failed to do it job and keep you in a fight.

Shiro’s healing actually has a very high healing amount behind it if you do the math, which someone above has done for you. Shiro’s healing is not meant to be used as a “oh crap” button but a preemptive heal, akin to Troll Unguent, which again, someone has mentioned that already (great example btw). You use it in anticipation of receiving damage and countering it at the same time. When used in this fashion, it works wonders.

They doesnt. Also hammers are useless outside of pve, they do more harm than good.

You must not WvW much.

it need at 20 so it can actually work with hammer and random blinds?

Now that is something I’ll agree with.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

Shirt heal skill is very good in opening fight in melee or disengaging using long range hammer.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Stop bro stop

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhovanion.8234

Rhovanion.8234

I don’t get why everyone is complaining about it, from the 150+ hours I’ve played on revenant, shiro’s heal skill has saved me count less of times in SPvP and WvW, its an amazing skill, on top of healing ,you’re getting NEARLY 1k dmg added for 6 HITS not 3 or 4 but 6! And on top of that, you can trait in Devastation, adding Assassin’s annihilation adding more DMG/Healing to you with 1sec ICD
I’ve personally found that shiro’s healing skill is more effective overall than glint’s heal in most scenarios that I’ve been in, heck, I use it more along with shield.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Coco.5670

Coco.5670

I’d never use enchanted daggers as a reliable heal, I use it more to combo with unrelenting assault. I guess that’s the trade-off for using shiro stance, since the damage output with having access to so much quickness is extremely strong on it’s own.

I tend to just jump legendary stance and try and take as much damage as possible to get the most out of my healing. If I’m honest, I’m completely fine with shiro stances healing.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Rain.9213

I’d never use enchanted daggers as a reliable heal, I use it more to combo with unrelenting assault. I guess that’s the trade-off for using shiro stance, since the damage output with having access to so much quickness is extremely strong on it’s own.

I tend to just jump legendary stance and try and take as much damage as possible to get the most out of my healing. If I’m honest, I’m completely fine with shiro stances healing.

Yeah you can usually burst someone down faster than they can with Enchanted Daggers+Quickness on Sword auto attack or UA. It’s insanely good. Furthermore, if healing is an issue, Off-hand shield provides plenty. I also began using Assassin’s Annihilation over Swift Termination as the added life steal ticks help to both sustain you and deal bonus damage. My survivability is crazy good now and I don’t even run Shield!

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Alright, let’s go at it again. Without Healing Power, considering no one runs HP on a Revenant, the Mallyx heal heals for 4600 base up to 6388 with 3 conditions on you. The Shiro heal heals you for 6488 over time while also doing damage. It is not a bursty heal, but it is our best heal outside of the situational Infuse Light.

/thread

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

To be fair, if you’re invoking Shiro, you’re not really supposed to focus on healing since there’s a reason why we Revenants have specialized Stances.

“Would you kindly?”

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

The mobility is kitten. Its bugs more often than actually work. Might as well not be there at all now. If its useless at low hp then its useless as a whole healing skill cause after all, healing skills are supposed to keep you alive unless we started plaiyng some new game where we use healing skills as dps moves now.

__

I love your comments, and the fact that they are your opinions, and believe it or not, the point of a healing skill or class design in general, isn’t all based on YOUR opinion.

Shiro is a sustain healing skill not an “oh Sh**” button, The fact that it heals you over time, AND also increases damage, is pretty big, and also the fact that you CAN (but don’t have to) overlap it with your other heal is huge. Also, the fact that you HAVE ANOTHER heal, should show that rev heals as a whole should not be “oh Sh**” buttons, as you DO get two. So you pointing out that the strategy of activated both to heal is wrong, isn’t, as you activating both heals, would be the same as any other class activating one, even though each of rev’s heals can be as strong as any other class’ single heal.

Also, regarding your P.S. Gaze of darkness says hello.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m fine with it, but I definitely use it more as an “it’s up, I will use it to deal more damage” skill than an “I’m dying, help me sempai!” skill.

Btw, one thing I noticed, I was in WvW and trying to solo down a low-tier wall, and found that while most of my attacks were only dealing about 10% damage to the wall, the “healing” daggers were dealing their full 900-some damage to the wall, about 20x my auto-attacks. Pretty brutal.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Same with the trait that life leeches if we hit from the side. Most things that are invulnerable take damage from it, Octovines and the champs guarding them included.

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

So now that it can be blocked/deflected to prevent our healing or even reflected to heal our enemy and simply disappear over 1200 range maybe we should rediscuss this crappy skill? Or someone here still think its okay? Hello defenders?

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Acratin.3910

Acratin.3910

The one big thing I would say about Shiro’s heal is that you don’t want to use it in isolation. If I’m using Shiro and need to burst a heal what I do is pop Enchanted Daggers, switch to staff, turn on Impossible Odds, and let autoattack fly for a moment. It usually causes healing numbers to fly. (Staff 4 is also a minor heal/condi clear. I’ve gotten to be quite fond of it)

Shiro's heal skill

in Revenant

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Daggers are a good and exciting skill. The hammer is a slow weapon, one of the slowest in the game. Use it with UA+impossible odds

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+