Shiro vs condi

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Forgive me if there has been a similar thread (as im not that active on this forum section), but if memory serves me right, shiro doesnt have any way to deal with condis casted by foes in pvp? And with the speed rate the attacks are, a well placed confusion should hurt. Or is the shiro meant to legendswap to a utility that can remove condis? It just seemes this shiro legend is all about rapid opener damage and not letting the opponent prolong the fight.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

That’s why they give you 2 legends to channel, you can choose Jalis and Shiro and you will be fine. Other classes don’t have this, they need to waste a utility slot for a condi cleanse or play without condi cleanse for more DPS. People should stop saying “it forces us to use Jalis”…

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Waste an utility slot is better then wasting a legend slot. Jalis is pretty useless aside for the healing skill.
The elite needs to be buffed in duration and a shorter cast time

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Jalis has olny 3 condi cleanse on 30cd. It wont step any condi build to melt revenant by any means. Its far from being fine. Thats why impossible odds must cleanse/transfer conditions.

obey me

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

You mean embrace, right?

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

For PvE, the conditions shouldn’t be too much of any issue as Jalis or Ventari will supply sufficient cleanses. Group-wise the staple support classes should already be slotting skills for high condition fights (guards, mesmers, etc)

In PvP though, I see Mallyx being very favorable as trying to slot Jalis/Ventari will burn up your energy trying to keep up with cleanses. Mallyx, on the other hand, is designed to work stronger with more conditions. So in that sense you won’t be aiming to cleanse conditions but rather resist them as you accumulate them. Though, well placed boon stripping, and you’ll become your own worst enemy.

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

There are plenty of sigils that can remove condi’s and I’m sure you won’t always be alone so a friend might be able to cleanse you or turn your conditions into boons (: also remember mallyx has Resistance in demon stance and in his traits so you can abuse all conditions on you by switching to mallyx putting up that Resistance and deal more damage! You can also pulse those conditions out to enemies with certain traits and I can’t remember but a utility or the Elite does the same too (:

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I actually solo roam so i wont have anyone to cleanse my conditions They will eat me alive just like they did back in 2012 on warrior. Kill fast or be killed style. With the sustain of other classes its obvious that it will end up as be killed style.

Why i would put generosity (100g sigil lol) and another 1 i dont even rebember when everyone else around is free to use air/fire or w/e else they want?

As for Mallyx the Ta.. hes so useless that i wouldnt use him even consider him in condition builds as it stands now. Poor stripable resistance, damage from conditions which wont do anything in power builds and it elite copy olny 1 stack when you can have 50 bleeds on yourself. Well played man, well played. Not to mention that allies may nerf you if they cleanse yours conditions during your Mallyx stance..

obey me

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

I actually solo roam so i wont have anyone to cleanse my conditions They will eat me alive just like they did back in 2012 on warrior. Kill fast or be killed style. With the sustain of other classes its obvious that it will end up as be killed style.

Why i would put generosity (100g sigil lol) and another 1 i dont even rebember when everyone else around is free to use air/fire or w/e else they want?

As for Mallyx the Ta.. hes so useless that i wouldnt use him even consider him in condition builds as it stands now. Poor stripable resistance, damage from conditions which wont do anything in power builds and it elite copy olny 1 stack when you can have 50 bleeds on yourself. Well played man, well played. Not to mention that allies may nerf you if they cleanse yours conditions during your Mallyx stance..

Each to there own I guess but you have to remember whT we experienced in the beta was just the beta and figures are changing! Not everything will be shiny and cleaned up yet but I guess we will both have to see the final product of the Revenant to discover what’s what (: and I do honestly understand where you are coming (:

The elite spec might have something interesting as the datamined shield had protection and healing it might even get a trait that helps remove conditions but we know nothing of what it can do so I won’t claim it will it’s just a guestimation or something Rou can reach and add to a trail line :p

I honestly found both Ventari and Jalis hald decent with room for improvement and until we get another beta to play with the figure changes I won’t be able to say if it’s good or bad :p
As for mallyx I feel it has potential but does need a lot of work and it’s 1 of those ones that we won’t know until we can feel the figure changes for ourselves (:

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Ironically enough I agree that Mallyx does not shine in conditions builds, but it can be better used in Power builds. Bolstered Anguish + Embrace the Darkness can give you quite the damage boost especially against heavy condition fights. Demonic Defiance and Pain Absorption can help cover you from your sustained conditions, but that still leaves you the Achilles Heel of boon stripping.

Allies nerfing you…heh, that’s comically true.

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Don’t forget staff, which has a 2 condi cleanse every 15 seconds. So you may not always have to swap the legend.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

But people wanna use sword + hammer

Shiro vs condi

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You do still have the ability to cleanse Fear, Chill, Cripple, and Immobilize in Shiro, so you’re really just stuck with Weakness and damaging condis (Slow isn’t very common).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver