Should hammer be reworked? (CoR)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Just curious about your opinions. At one point its really strong in wvw yet quite.. underwhelming in spvp.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I think they could increase its energy cost in WvW and leave it as is everywhere else. Before that though, they should get rid of its ability to hit people twice since that seems to be the biggest problem when flinging it into a zerg.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I think they could increase its energy cost in WvW and leave it as is everywhere else. Before that though, they should get rid of its ability to hit people twice since that seems to be the biggest problem when flinging it into a zerg.

If that’s doable (differing cost in WvW) seems like a solid plan.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Double hit is how it works and that wont be changed for sure unless they rework the skill completely imo. Imo main reason why hammer doesnt work well in spvp is the nature of capture+terrain. Its often impossible to hit from 1200 range. Diff story if it was something like mes gs1 or a projectile tho.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

2nd hit is just an animation. However you never know that or if there isn’t another revenant in that crowd.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Double hit is how it works

And we know this was intended how? And I don’t see why they couldn’t tweak it to prevent that from happening unless the target is running away.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

And we know this was intended how? And I don’t see why they couldn’t tweak it to prevent that from happening unless the target is running away.

Bc it has 3 different pulses? If it wasnt for that it could be simply one hit based on range. Jalis road can hit multiple times too

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

2nd hit is just an animation. However you never know that or if there isn’t another revenant in that crowd.

It is not. Double hits are completely true when someone is in between the 3 different ranges and walk between them as the skill goes. I double hit people multiple times playing alone. And their HP and also my combat log made sure it wasn’t a visual bug.

I think that would be great if they had something like this to prevent double damage: CoR applies a debuff for 1s (for example) that prevents you taking CoR damage from the same source. It doesn’t even need to show up in the UI, but a hard lock mechanic to prevent people taking double damage is needed.

I think that CoR is indeed pretty strong, but it doesn’t need to be reworked. I personally would like to see a nerf in the max range damage and a buff in the close range damage. But a smart and reasonable nerf, not a make this skill trash kind of nerf. CoR was garbage once and I’d hate to see it being garbage again.

Pumpkin – Mag

in Revenant

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Make it have a delay after the fissure launches out. Like a 1 second delay that could be used for choke points and capture circles.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Bc it has 3 different pulses? If it wasnt for that it could be simply one hit based on range. Jalis road can hit multiple times too

Yes, but two can hit a stationary target, which seems odd, doesn’kitten

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yes, but two can hit a stationary target, which seems odd, doesn’kitten

A bit, but then again many does that as well like berserker lb f1. Changing it to a laser beam would fix that double hit issue and also get rid of terrain issues imo.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

And imo also notice how good lb on dh is (meta) while our hammer has no place whatsoever.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Hammer is a gimmick in spvp.. its great when ur at distance, but when figthing onpoint or when enemy goes in ur melee range it’s hard to keep up. The reason why its not toally bad is cuz of the evade, kd, and dark field it provides, but still suboptimal. On the plusside u have a melee weapon to swap to, often sword.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Tbh drop the hammer is useless. 2sec casttime..lol. Projectile block while nice on paper you often have to spend dodge for certain attack like true shot, pin down or gunflame due to the casttime.

Utility wise staff is better, damage wise too as well as hammer outside of being broken in wvw, is useless in spvp. You basically handicap yourself If you pick up hammer as secondary wep, as most of the time you wont use it at all

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Rev players, stop being the self-defeating community like Mesmers, who called for their own nerfs after the Robert Gee’s trait revamp patch and guess what (this happened before HOT release)? Anet decided to nerfs traits that didnt need to nerf and then some. Really, just stop.

We can expect nerf is coming, no need to freaking add more to it.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Rev players, stop being the self-defeating community like Mesmers, who called for their own nerfs after the Robert Gee’s trait revamp patch and guess what (this happened before HOT release)? Anet decided to nerfs traits that didnt need to nerf and then some. Really, just stop.

We can expect nerf is coming, no need to freaking add more to it.

Um..i actually want hammer to become viable in spvp. Im not calling for nerfs but for rework to buff hammer.

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Change CoR to a single long field like Temporal Rift. This would fix the double hits bug but would increase the timing of the skill activation further away so it can’t be side-stepped.

Change the direct damage to the middle value (369 base + 1.7 damage coefficient). Add a fire field, pulses three times for 1s burn and lasts for 2s. Leave the 2s cooldown and 5s energy cost. (Same cast time)

If you think this is crazy, remember that the number of targets goes from 15 under old CoR to 5 under proposed CoR.

This now allows the Rev to have a ranged condition weapon option which is sorely needed. But it also fixes the huge spike damage issue that the WvW players are complaining about.

@Roy, find a middle ground.

Bonus points, reuse the Wyvern fire graphic.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Why you would want add condi to pure power weapon?

in Revenant

Artaz.3819

Why you would want add condi to pure power weapon?

Fire field plus blast finishers on the same weapon means it helps a pure power build.

It also still would do fairly good direct damage from a pure power build since it is burn condition so it would still be healthy enough to do the full CoR damage now without the bug (DPS is equivalent but the burst is lowered).

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I dont think its a good idea. Im not really a fan of fields and finishers on the same weapon neither of condi on power weps.

in Revenant

Artaz.3819

I dont think its a good idea. Im not really a fan of fields and finishers on the same weapon neither of condi on power weps.

There is absolutely room for Rev weapons to have both power and condition on them in different skills (many already do) because energy is a finite resource for Rev and as long as cooldowns are not excessive on skills, it remains balanced and there is room for both damage category types.

Why don’t you like fields exactly? That’s the premise behind enhancing the combat style/flow/skill level ceiling (positioning)/synergy with lots of builds and enhancing combat output with teammates. I actually play classes specifically to use combo fields (finishers and/or creation) and enhances the enjoyment of the combat significantly in game.

So what’s your suggestion to CoR?

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

And imo also notice how good lb on dh is (meta) while our hammer has no place whatsoever.

I get you want a ranged weapon better suited to pvp, but many of us love hammer as is. Wouldn’t adding another ranged weapon be a better option?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I get you want a ranged weapon better suited to pvp, but many of us love hammer as is. Wouldn’t adding another ranged weapon be a better option?

Dont really want to change it much.

Something i have in mind is to normalize it damage, rather than keep it based on distance. Depending on what damage value we take increase cd/energy. Change CoR to send out energy in a similiar fashion as tremor to prevent double hit.

in Revenant

Artaz.3819

Although not directed to me per se, I want a better ranged weapon for all game modes and all game types (not just PvP).

Another weapon for Revenant is much much further down the road (think design, animations for all races, coding, balancing, etc. etc.). It’s not nearly as simple as adjusting just one ability on the weapon that is already 95% there and is a perceived-balance issue anyway.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Dont really want to change it much.

Something i have in mind is to normalize it damage, rather than keep it based on distance. Depending on what damage value we take increase cd/energy. Change CoR to send out energy in a similiar fashion as tremor to prevent double hit.

Ah, ok. You said “rework” and I thought you had something more extensive in mind.

in Revenant

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Not sure what to change but it definitely needs changes. WvW’s pretty broken because of it at the moment.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Double hit needs to be fixed.

Cruel Repercussion needs to be completely redesigned, +50% is insane.

Move .2 of the coefficient from the last hit back to the first hit.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

They need to fix the buggy parts of it like double hit or the hitting of more than 5 targets. Other than that, no. I don’t see why they should nerf it for the sake of WvW alone (because it’s fine in pvp and pve).

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Hammer actually does more damage than Guardian’s LB. It actually counters DH pretty well in fact. (He can’t reflect you, but you can block his arrows while dishing damage. You also outdamage him in terms of range damage.)

The traps daze/damage of DH, in conjunction with other numerous cc like f1 pull is the issue here.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Hammer is a gimmick in spvp.. its great when ur at distance, but when figthing onpoint or when enemy goes in ur melee range it’s hard to keep up. The reason why its not toally bad is cuz of the evade, kd, and dark field it provides, but still suboptimal. On the plusside u have a melee weapon to swap to, often sword.

Same argument can be made to ranger’s LB….

Hammer actually does better when fighting on node compare to LB.

On the plus side, Rev can still swap to sword/shield, while ranger has this suboptimal sword and GS…

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Hammer does lower damage on a point than guard lb and in many cases we cant even strike from 1200 range due to terrain. Sure, CoR being ground ability at one point is a blessing and at another one a curse. And while you mention ranger lb they can at least stand on a ledge and pewpew. Due to terrain issues its not possible to go on ledge with hammer and use CoR cause it wont land at all unlike projectiles/mes gs1

in Revenant

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

What i think is that pve and Wvw/pvp skills should be seperated. It can not be that hammer skill 2 for the revenent is nerfed for pve-ers because WvW ers who run in zerg Blobs persist in their hyve mentality. Might as well remove every ranged multiple target skill then.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)