Sinister + mace any good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Narenek.9085

Narenek.9085

Q:

I only played the Rev during BWE3 (1 and 2 were spent with Reaper) and enjoyed playing it. I’ve got a set on Valk Ascended armour sat in the bank along with weapons (nicked from a warrior I don’t play) and I’m wondering if it’s worth changing the stats to sinister.

I quite like the idea of a hybrid that does direct damage along with torment and poison (plus a little burny type stuff) but I’m wondering if it’s viable. It will be different to the power necro/repear I’m used to playing.

This is the build I’m thinking of playing (OH i wish there were decent condi/ferocity items) as it should have decent condi stats and high crit. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXin3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFUlhtomiKNgCSwO92jH-TBTBABGcIAoW5xDnAAn1DExDAgZTcPrEUa1fwTTw0KxyZ/BAOCAAA-e

Any idea’s on whether it will be any good before I start making the stat swaps.. or any changes people would make?

in Revenant

Posted by: ErgoPhoenix.9784

ErgoPhoenix.9784

A:

To be honest it’s not great. Not in PvE at least. I pretty much played all of beta with just rev and power specs are just way better. I used a purely power rev (exotics) as well as a purely condi rev (sinister ascended armor+trinkets+legendary weapons) and yea….even with high torment stacks the tics weren’t that high because most mobs don’t move around much or they don’t move around for very long.

The condi side of mace is ok…but the poison output felt weak even when traited. Herald spec didn’t seem to benefit condis that much besides a slow breath attack and might stacking…so yea. I would suggest not changing the stats to sinister…

in Revenant

Posted by: Legaenn.8521

Legaenn.8521

Just like you i like hybrid classes so i tried 1st celestial but in BW3 i tried to run around with sinister insted, i had different build and used sword axe and mace shield as weapons, no ranged was really needed since i Went for shiro and glint/mallyx, both worked fine, also i didnt use ivocation but devastation for extra pure dps and some survivability.

Your build would be better dps wise probably then again neither will be meta i guess:)

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Not really, the power scaling on the mace is pretty bad, i was trying it in BWE3 with Berserker amulet in spvp and it was only hitting for about 800 (crits) on the direct damage.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Narenek.9085

How is the condi side of the mace?

in Revenant

Narenek.9085

Thanks for the replies. I had some suspicions it might not be great so asked before I did anything. Seems to be good at condi you have to have plenty of burns over everything else.

I guess I shall stick to a mixture of Valks and zerker then.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I tried to get Roy to bump power scaling, since made being a good Hybrid weapon totally fits the theme of the class (especially only having a single Condi weapon). Sadly he didn’t want to, though the damage is still lacking. I don’t understand the decision, but I think it’s safer to just focus on power builds if your main consideration is viability.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I do t get why grenades can be great hybrid weapons but mace can’t. Either way, Mace builds can still be fun, so if being top tier isn’t your main consideration you can still pull off celestial builds because the night stacking at least let’s your swaps not be entirely terrible.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Just go for full dire. Its a blast.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Yes it. Mace 2 and glints breath give you enough burning to make a noticeable difference.

I manned a sinister mace shield staff build in the melee train and I was tanky as kittening and did a kitten ton of condi damage .

As for pve I believe Roy said he was working on a trait that made torment do the same amount stationary as it did moving.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Yes it. Mace 2 and glints breath give you enough burning to make a noticeable difference.

I manned a sinister mace shield staff build in the melee train and I was tanky as kittening and did a kitten ton of condi damage .

As for pve I believe Roy said he was working on a trait that made torment do the same amount stationary as it did moving.

Yeah, with that trait fix (Hopefully replacing the now pointless Pulsing Pestilence) we should be golden for condi builds. I for one am pure Sinister anyhow… armor, weapons, and trinkets (as much as we can with those ascended ones).

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Yeah, with that trait fix (Hopefully replacing the now pointless Pulsing Pestilence) we should be golden for condi builds. I for one am pure Sinister anyhow… armor, weapons, and trinkets (as much as we can with those ascended ones).

I can see the tears now. It will be as strong a condi mesmer for the same reasons that build is. Still weaker than a burn guard though.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.