So, Roy, are you a mindreader?

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’ve said it before in regards to expansion in general, but I have to say it again. I love this expansion. I love almost every single piece of news regarding this expansion.

But the Revenant? Oh, the Revenant was the equivalent of sending a letter directly to my house.

My story of a Guild Wars 2 player has been one of constant leveling, deletion, and recreation. I remade my main character over a dozen times, because nothing felt right, yet everything felt sort of right.

• For roleplaying purposes, I’ve always wanted a spirit-themed profession that can attack with pure energy, much like the Ritualist from the first game, but even more abstract. The Revenant is exactly that.
  • I wanted something with a more intimidating, mysterious, and even enigmatic presence. The Revenant is all of that.
  • The Revenant promises to take aspects of pretty much every profession, lending it a versatility and familiarity that I enjoy.
  • I’ve always wanted a melee staff. Revenant has it.
  • I wanted to be able to emphasize support, tanking, and crowd control. Oh, boy, does the Revenant do that!
  • I wanted something akin to the Guardian but more active, visceral, and fun. Glint and Jalis are exactly that.

You’ve done all of this while making this fun and unique profession a love letter to fans of the first game, taking inspiration from Guild Wars 1’s energy management mechanics and even making famous characters from Guild Wars’ history “playable” through communing.

Essentially, you’ve made me a very happy player, and I can’t wait to get my hands on this profession permanently.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

I can neither confirm or deny that I have leveled up my mind-reading skill . Glad you enjoy it!

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Is Precognition some sort of future elite spec for revenants? :p

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I agree with you Duke. Always made heavy armor characters, but warriors are not magic enough, while paladins are just too much light oriented and dark knights too much darkness oriented. Revernant is what I’ve been waiting for.

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

The death knight aspect is what i actually miss about revenant tho.. Hopefully next legend will be dark themed similiar to Mallyx.. Shiro doesnt feel like bad guy at all. Less light stuff, more red/dark purple/black. I would kill for red effects on gloves and ul.

+inst it weird that we have 2 blue and 2 green legends? O.o

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I can neither confirm or deny that I have leveled up my mind-reading skill . Glad you enjoy it!

It’s that third eye… You listen to us through the mists… Conspiracy.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

The death knight aspect is what i actually miss about revenant tho.. Hopefully next legend will be dark themed similiar to Mallyx.. Shiro doesnt feel like bad guy at all. Less light stuff, more red/dark purple/black. I would kill for red effects on gloves and ul.

Jalis is blue, Mallyx is purple, Shiro is green, Ventari is yellow (or well he should be yellow but his effect doesn’t show up on our gloves), and Glint looks blue I guess. Which other one is green?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Hmm. Any reason we don’t have a red legend? o_O

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Yet! Next elite spec! And I already see it a DPS one, probably hybrid.
Or black smoky for some kind of infiltration/stealth?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Jalis is blue, Mallyx is purple, Shiro is green, Ventari is yellow (or well he should be yellow but his effect doesn’t show up on our gloves), and Glint looks blue I guess. Which other one is green?

Wasnt Ventari green with flowers? I believe it was, i dont rebember as i dont use that legend at all.

Shiro should be red but meh…

Finger crosses for next elite spec dps spec with gs/torch and red theme. I vote for leaping all over the place Kalla Scorchrazor. After all she was from Blood Legion so red fits and so gs..to leave blood behind.

obey me