So are revenants fine in pve?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

All these posts about resource is it bad for pve to? Can I still be a role switcher and etc? I appreciate any info thank you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Which PvE content? For the dungeons it’s still good, for raids…from what I read unless herald (buff bot) Rev’s aren’t wanted. PvP….kitten knows with the nerf on Phase Travel – most people hate it with a burning passion.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Which PvE content? For the dungeons it’s still good, for raids…from what I read unless herald (buff bot) Rev’s aren’t wanted. PvP….kitten knows with the nerf on Phase Travel – most people hate it with a burning passion.

What about fractals? Little dissapointed in raids. Thanks man.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Revenant is mid-tier for damage output, really good for boon upkeep as the poster above said.

As for phase traversal, it wouldn’t big such a giant problem if our ranged weapon (hammer) wasn’t so terribly slow and therefore useless in sPvP. But that’s not the point

Generally they’re ok-ish. Not great, not bad. Just mid tier.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Personaly I always did good with Hammer in sPvP….I just try to imagine I am playing with a sniper rifle and then the slow AA stops being a pest….and pop imposible odds when I need a proper “rifle”. Also hammer AA needs a combo field to get maximum utility/dps.

As far as fractals go….I find it difficult to imagine you struggling without herald…but I never got to do fractals with rev.

With Ventari and Herald you could also dub as a guardian for reflect…but you need the trait that makes ventari grant regen from salvation and the 1 that gives might when you apply a boon….that way you can have might + regen upkeep for no cost + on demmand projectile reflect.

Ventari as a concept is my favorite stance but it’s very impractical because of how bad it scales with healing power…but there are some things you can try out with it…besides that dumb combo for stackig regen and might for no upkeep cost. With Momentary pacification and Diabolic Inferno you can turn that Ventari Tablet into an awesome trap.

With Jallis you can only go wrong if you are fighting on uneven terrain/bridges/closed areas because the spining hammer thing is bugged to all heaven in the sense that the skill automaticaly deactivates when you hit uneven terrain or other in game objects….and if you don’t intend to tank then you will probably want to avoid the chain.

Malyx is pretty ok but I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love it only when I got the trait that gives Resistance whenever you use a Demon stance skill, but hate it otherwise….mace on the other hand is my favorite weapon for pve, hands down better than sword which is kitten when fighting multiple opponents but very good for single target dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Ventari as a concept is my favorite stance but it’s very impractical because of how bad it scales with healing power…but there are some things you can try out with it…besides that dumb combo for stackig regen and might for no upkeep cost. With Momentary pacification and Diabolic Inferno you can turn that Ventari Tablet into an awesome trap.

Ventari doesn’t scale badly on healing power it scales as well as a druid and better than tempest.
The problem is the that the total healing output is subpar.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Well everyone else has made it sound mediocre in pve. Maybe I should wait and roll thief for now.

in Revenant

Crowley.8761

Well everyone else has made it sound mediocre in pve. Maybe I should wait and roll thief for now.

Well a lot of people find it a little dull, which I can kinda understand. The main class mechanic with legend swapping is… Well, it is what it is. You can’t mix and match like other classes, you’re stuck in two tracks, ie healing, condi, dmg, buffs etc. Some of the utility skills there aren’t exactly useful for most PvE stuff, especially what you’re doing on your own. There IS a place for each and every one though, but you are kind of forced to specialize and you can’t pick exactly what you want, you take the legend and whatever comes with it.

As for the weapons themselves… Some are ok-ish in terms of fun and entertainment, but considering you do max damage with an autoattack it is perfectly understandable why some people find this class dull.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

I thought the point was to be able to switch roles, you essentially get 10 utilities and you can easily switch legends quickly before another fight. But I guess the auto attack thing is true and I know I won’t like that.

Well I guess it’s time to move on thanks everyone.

in Revenant

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

I don’t understand the disappintment, Rev (ofc I mean herald in that regard) is #4 class in dps rankings (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/?), 99% of raid teams will use at least 1 rev (for amplifying the chrono boons) and is meta in fractals, bringing boons and amazing reflects in ventari (critical role for say 50% of the fractals) – really, what’s there to complain about?

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

in Revenant

Crowley.8761

I don’t understand the disappintment, Rev (ofc I mean herald in that regard) is #4 class in dps rankings (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/?), 99% of raid teams will use at least 1 rev (for amplifying the chrono boons) and is meta in fractals, bringing boons and amazing reflects in ventari (critical role for say 50% of the fractals) – really, what’s there to complain about?

Guessing people consider anything but absolute top dps to be useless.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Warrior.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Crowley.8761

Warrior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What kind of silly post is this?

Elite specs are mandatory in all raids. You’re acting as if because they only want Heralds, revs are neglected when the same applies to any class.

How many rangers instead of DRUIDS are wanted in a raid? How many mesmers instead of CHRONOMANCER.

Get a clue, please.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

All these posts about resource is it bad for pve to? Can I still be a role switcher and etc? I appreciate any info thank you.

In PvE raids as long as the team has Tempest, Chronos and Druids no other classes are requiered, so Revs are more or less like most of other classes.

In dungeons, fractals and open PvE they work well (anything works here). They have also powerfull tools vs AI due the large amount of skills that can wipe the cc bar of foes, which is a good thing.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Elite specs are mandatory in all raids. You’re acting as if because they only want Heralds, revs are neglected when the same applies to any class.

How many rangers instead of DRUIDS are wanted in a raid? How many mesmers instead of CHRONOMANCER.

Get a clue, please.

Buran.3796 covered the quintessence of what I wanted to say, but I will add this – you got me totaly wrong, Zenith.7301…thing is I hate the playstyle of Herald to my very core and the fact that if I try and go raiding with randoms people will tell me to kitten off for not using Glint stance, because of the amount of sodding boons that thing generates.

In PvE raids as long as the team has Tempest, Chronos and Druids no other classes are requiered, so Revs are more or less like most of other classes.

In dungeons, fractals and open PvE they work well (anything works here). They have also powerfull tools vs AI due the large amount of skills that can wipe the cc bar of foes, which is a good thing.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Get a clue, please.

Buran.3796 covered the quintessence of what I wanted to say, but I will add this – you got me totaly wrong, Zenith.7301…thing is I hate the playstyle of Herald to my very core and the fact that if I try and go raiding with randoms people will tell me to kitten off for not using Glint stance, because of the amount of sodding boons that thing generates.

And I hate being forced to be a healbot Druid as someone who rolled Ranger to be DPS, or an alacrity boon bot as someone who rolled a mesmer to be DPS.

Or to be forced as a reaper to go condi because greatsword is undertuned.

This is the nature of PvE meta builds. Some builds are better than others based on failures in class balancing.

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Ventari doesn’t scale badly on healing power it scales as well as a druid and better than tempest.

The problem are the dpsbuffs druids give to their partys.

1 Druid is 20% raiddps increase, 2 druids are 40% raid dps increase. Revs better personal dps can never match this

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Warrior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

It seems that you didn’t get it.
Warriors DPS is irrelevant the amount of irreplaceable offensive support that a PS warrior has is that big. Chrono is the other one that this is the case, druid is close o that.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

The problem are the dpsbuffs druids give to their partys.

1 Druid is 20% raiddps increase, 2 druids are 40% raid dps increase.

For a considerable damage loss.
Tempests can mostly compensate that with their personal DPS and that they don’t need a significant amount of healing power to heal enough while increasing the overall sustajn. That’s why for non speed clear groups Tempest is seen as a alternative, Ventari isn’t.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

So is the auto attack thing not true then?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

So is the auto attack thing not true then?

For most professions it’s 2~4 skills on cooldown including the revenant.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Hennessey.2985

Hennessey.2985

Revenant ist fine in PvE and brings a lot to the table. You should just try it out instead of relying on other people’s opinions.

Gnome Child [Gc]

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Revenant ist fine in PvE and brings a lot to the table. You should just try it out instead of relying on other people’s opinions.

Im not going to waste my time leveling something I wont enjoy, when lots of people are saying the same thing its usually true, so maybe you shouldnt tell others that all the time.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Im not going to waste my time leveling something I wont enjoy, when lots of people are saying the same thing its usually true, so maybe you shouldnt tell others that all the time.

You don’t have any ideea whether you are going to like revenant based on these comments. Give the rev a spin at least at lvl 30 in the dungeons or in sPvP – I mean me not likeing Glint…that’s my oppinion only….and who knows maybe you will find something about Glint you will like….or other legends.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

You don’t have any ideea whether you are going to like revenant based on these comments. Give the rev a spin at least at lvl 30 in the dungeons or in sPvP – I mean me not likeing Glint…that’s my oppinion only….and who knows maybe you will find something about Glint you will like….or other legends.

The problem is I dont want to end up with just auto attack spam, with all the complaints I hear from others about this and energy management complaints this is the impression it gave.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

The problem is I dont want to end up with just auto attack spam, with all the complaints I hear from others about this and energy management complaints this is the impression it gave.

Fair play man.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Herald is definitely autoattack heavy, but not necessarily as simple as it might sound.
Once you factor in the right side if the skillbar, which is filled with high CD utilities on most other classes, the amount of skill usage becomes average-ish.
A raid PS Warrior, for example, has a much more interesting weapon skill rotation but an almost passive utility skillset.
Thief, which seems to be your current alternative to herald, is probably, along with DH, the most passive / autoattack heavy character you could use on a raid setting.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Herald is definitely autoattack heavy, but not necessarily as simple as it might sound.
Once you factor in the right side if the skillbar, which is filled with high CD utilities on most other classes, the amount of skill usage becomes average-ish.
A raid PS Warrior, for example, has a much more interesting weapon skill rotation but an almost passive utility skillset.
Thief, which seems to be your current alternative to herald, is probably, along with DH, the most passive / autoattack heavy character you could use on a raid setting.

Hmmm interesting, this is a tough choice then, its the first im hearing it about thieves though. Daredevil doesnt seem to be all about auto attack to be honest.

in Revenant

Vargamonth.2047

Hmmm interesting, this is a tough choice then, its the first im hearing it about thieves though. Daredevil doesnt seem to be all about auto attack to be honest.

Quickness doesn’t affect some of the staff skills so, in a raid group where you have a high uptime of quickness, autoattacking plus a dodge roll from time to time is almost the best DPS you can get. On top of that, you might easily find yourself picking passiuve signets as utilities.

On a different scenario, like soing fractals without a chrono or just open world play, things can be completely different tough.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Quickness doesn’t affect some of the staff skills so, in a raid group where you have a high uptime of quickness, autoattacking plus a dodge roll from time to time is almost the best DPS you can get. On top of that, you might easily find yourself picking passiuve signets as utilities.

On a different scenario, like soing fractals without a chrono or just open world play, things can be completely different tough.

So what classes do beyond auto attack in raids?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Engineer would be on the other end.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Vargamonth.2047

Engineer is the most complicated one for sure. Unfortunately, after the slick shoes nerf it doens’t bring much more to the table and can’t compete with DD and Tempest damage even when played incredibly well.

Tempest uses several weapon skills and has some build variations between bosses. It’s also probably the most demanded class DPS wise.

Warrior, as I already said, has a decent weapon rotation and it’s also a demanded class for group damage boosting. On the other side, its utility bar usually consists on a couple of long lasting long CD banners and a signet.

Even if you’ll find yourself autoattacking (for crappy damage) most of the time, mesmer brings some come complexity too, although this time is more about knowing WHEN you should use your utilities. Also a demanded class.

Offensive druids, specially condition ones, have a nice weapon skill rotation plus the timing component of being a healer. On the other hand, many groups might prefer to use a dedicated healer which is far more simple on the weapon side.

Necromancer uses more than autoattack but it’s still fairly simple and straightforward. It doesn’t really get interesting until you bring several necros for some epidemic bounces or you reach the (currently) last boss where there’s some condition management.

Guardian is extremely autoattack heavy. A complete borefest in my opinion unless the fight requires some well timed utilities like reflection walls and such. Daredevil seems to be in this same spot.

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Short of playing a mesmer, ele, or engineer, that’s all you do.

Autoattack spam is the majority of the DPS for most classes that aren’t as rotationally complex as mesmer/engineer/ele.

Revenant uses Autoattack and #2 sword skill while occasionally using the swiftness facet active and switching to another legend to hit impossible odds/vengeful hammers when your energy bar depleted.

I don’t understand why it’s so difficult for you to understand that combat in this game is simplistic compared to WoW/FFXIV/Wildstar rotations.

It’s that simple, you have a weapon with 5 skills on it and of the 5 skills only 1-2 are really DPS optimal. That applies to most of the classes. Live with it or find another game.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Short of playing a mesmer, ele, or engineer, that’s all you do.

Autoattack spam is the majority of the DPS for most classes that aren’t as rotationally complex as mesmer/engineer/ele.

Revenant uses Autoattack and #2 sword skill while occasionally using the swiftness facet active and switching to another legend to hit impossible odds/vengeful hammers when your energy bar depleted.

I don’t understand why it’s so difficult for you to understand that combat in this game is simplistic compared to WoW/FFXIV/Wildstar rotations.

It’s that simple, you have a weapon with 5 skills on it and of the 5 skills only 1-2 are really DPS optimal. That applies to most of the classes. Live with it or find another game.

First of all I never said I didn’t understand clearly I stopped replying so what’s so hard to not assume? Also considering your limited to those skills you should be able to use them regardless, I never said it had to be only DPS some of those skills aren’t just DPS so tour missing the point, also I don’t like your attitude towards me in general and I think you really don’t know what your talking about.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

I thought the point was to be able to switch roles, you essentially get 10 utilities and you can easily switch legends quickly before another fight. But I guess the auto attack thing is true and I know I won’t like that.

you make it sound like thief is less of an auto attack

in Revenant

Posted by: Thon.3780

Thon.3780

I just play Rev 2week from 80 boost and found that if you really need them to be DD

you have to change weapon to Assassin (Best) Berserker Rampage to focus Crit
you also have Glint to boost boon duration. so you shall be crit DD around 30-45 sec plus add sigil Strength. So you shall got 10-15 stack for compensate but you cant be condition dealer unless use mage+ Axe. jalis might work with crit+ferocity but as you know we still got problem with terrain.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Yes, rev is very good in pve. I sometimes like to challenge myself and solo dungeons on it or solo champs in HOT to help friends with hero points. I find myself using everything the rev has to offer to win these fights and it’s alot of fun.

However, in a group like in raids, your just providing boons, dps, and breaking bars. In other group content I always feel safe enough to just rush into fights and rekt stuff on my own compared to other classes.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Quick question is condi mall build really that bad? I really love the way mace and axe feel, I also like the style of mallyx, but I hear condi is really bad? What about a hybrid of condi and power?

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Vipermallyx does the same dps a druid can do. But druid´s have grace of land and alot other partybuffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Surprisingly, yes. While damage comes from AA, you need to dodge/evade a lot to simply stay alive, and manage your endurance bar/bounding dodger for damage output. +breakbars. Daredevils make quite a use of their kit.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Surprisingly, yes. While damage comes from AA, you need to dodge/evade a lot to simply stay alive, and manage your endurance bar/bounding dodger for damage output. +breakbars. Daredevils make quite a use of their kit.

Doesn’t negate the fact that the lion’s share of their damage is their broken OP daredevil staff auto chain (kinda funny they nerfed rev’s but then gave Daredevils an auto that does 12k damage on the last chain and reflects without any might stacks).

The dodge damage is just a bonus.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Revenants are pretty good at PvE. Always will be my favorite class especially in PvE, for Raids still good for boons and boons upkeep plus good to breakbar. As for PvP in S3 it’s mid tier.