So how do you deal with condis?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

Just got back into playing, and from what im seeing everywhere (PvP and WvW-wise..) condis are a giant weight on the class, and yeah sure you can run mallyx and resist it, but…then what. you literally handicap yourself to have immunity not cleansing for condis, I mean the only thing i can think of is to run a cleansing sigil w the invocation trait that cleanses so every time you swap you cleanse two condis, but still that doesn’t seem like jack squat to me.

so what do you veterans do to combat condition spammers?

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

in Revenant

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

In PvP, I switch out shiro sometimes to mallyx depending on enemy composition. If it’s 3-4 condi, I will definitely use mallyx. The exception to this is that if they have 2 necros cause with all the corruptions, resistance is futile.

Otherwise staff 4, rune of leadership and glint heal are usually enough.

In WvW, I use durability runes so when roaming I’ll eat – condi duration food https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loaf_of_Saffron_Bread You can also pick up hoelbrak runes and get a total of -45% condi duration. Saffron bread is especially good with invo + devastation build since you have no stability.

Other than that, the best advice is to not get hit by condis in the first place. We have a ton of evades, blocks and CC. In teamfights just keep kiting and stay out of aoe condi spam and harass their kiters. Unless of course you trust your teammates will cleanse you. Overall, you should usually lose to condi classes and thats completely fine. But here are some things that may let you beat them, or prolong the fight enough so your teammate +1s.

Against warriors, you have to be very careful when they’re in berserk mode and have mace. The burst skill is fairly obvious so dodging that shouldn’t be too difficult. Go full aggressive when they’re on longbow as they will melt fast, or waste a cooldown. In general try to be at 300 range so you have room to dodge stuns while harrassing him with your semi ranged skills.

Mesmers have low toughness, and that is pretty much their only weakness. You have to dodge into clones every single shatter because each one inflicts torment and confusion. Check your condi bar often, if immob’d, jsut block the shatters. Use your elite and staff 4 wisely for cleanses and never use sword 3 when you have confusion on you, unless you got glint heal up. Make sure to anticipate their block when they’re on sw/sh so you don’t hit them and make them deja vu. But if you do hit them, you can still use this to your advantage. You will be slowed, and sword #4 block lasts longer when slowed, if you use s/s ofc.

With necros you have to evade their marks since they are unblockable. When they are on scepter, just run around them in circles but dodge dagger #5 since it’s really slow and telegraphed. They’re quite weak in shroud actually, you can kite them relatively easily or attack them while blocking / evading. If they have curses, dodge their leap no matter what, it’s a very clunky skill anyway. Once their stability runs out, know that they have no stunbreaks or condi clears in shroud. Signets are fairly telegraphed too if they are using that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

In SPvP – lyssa or leadership runes (good for stacking protection’s duration or for more stability uptime if you’re running retribution) + popping up glint’s heal helps too. Staff 4 and dodging pretty much makes it too. Don’t try fighting good condi mesmers though, ever.

in Revenant

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

I play full celestial with berserker runes, running mace/axe and any off set depending on situation. Build Corruption, Retribution and Herald, must have trait for stability on dodge with extra stack. Stays on Glint most of time and use Mallyx for resistance or burn spike.

1. Mallyx with stacked boon duration will solve condi problems if you are solo as your attack fuel your energy for resistance.

2. In wvw, if you run around with others, sucking their condi on to you will give you a very very long duration resistance so that scenario is not a problem at all.

3. Anything that can stack confusion on you will still kill you, can’t build energy to spam resistance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Spam dodgerinos

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

great replys, so I guess condis are just a pain and theres no getting around em so ill play a little more aggressive against them to keep from getting blown up.

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

in Revenant

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

great replys, so I guess condis are just a pain and theres no getting around em so ill play a little more aggressive against them to keep from getting blown up.

Ding ding that’s the only answer.

Vs condi builds like mesmer it’s all or nothing. Dodge everything and hurt them bad when you can. Our offense is our only defense vs conditions outside of the blocks and evades. I’d suggest sigil of cleansing and Invocation, I’ve never tried this setup myself because I don’t craft but it looks promising.

These days if I’m solo or on EBG I run invocation and retribution together with durability runes and fried golden dumplings for boon duration and might. It makes a nice training wheels build. The extra might really helps make up for the damage loss from dropping devastation and the stability/versed in stone proc are nice.

I wanna give leadership a try in WvW but haven’t felt like it’s worth the proofs because of the looooong CD and poop stats. Imo they’re great in PvP where fights don’t last too long because of teammates and lack of stats like Dire, but in WvW those 45 seconds in a sustained fight vs conditions are literally an eternity.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

(edited by BeepBoopBop.5403)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I run Shiro/Jalis power core revenant with S/S+Staff.

Combining Jalis’ elite skill with Vengeful Hammers lets me survive the ticking of conditions pretty good and his heal skill removes conditions as well. Also the staff 4 helps a bit too. Jalis is actually really useful but just needs some slight tweaks to his stability skill to truly be good, imo.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Grab a hammer, equip full zerker, strength runes, shiro/glint, don’t bother with condi cleanse, press 1 and 2 at max range, gg.

If its pvp eventually theyre gonna go for u so be prepared to run with staff and shiros super speed, try to use ur allies as tanks. Let them soak all the condis.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Also gotta know that just because you have 6 conditions on you doesn’t mean they are lethal.

I use sigil of purity and staff 4 to purge a condi stack and pray it’s deep enough to get anything serious but beyond that, don’t get hit with condi bombs. But that’s the boon of fighting with allies, can hide behind them to recover.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

What I’ve seen is that revs have to outplay condi classes by killing them before they can land a good condi burst. Rev’s anti condi is as bad as it looks.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

If I see a lot of mesmers/warriors I’ll take Mallyx instead of Shiro… It’s not as completely useless in a power build as you might think. Having a spammable boon strip can go a long way towards making up the dps you lose from not having daggers/quicness.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Anet thinks we are too evasive so they nerfed riposting shadows. I say only a matter of time before they nerf it further using the same excuse. They did it to thief before HoT which left the class in shambles for 5 months. Wouldnt be surprised if it happened to rev.