So how's revenant now?

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Naesjasper.1863

Naesjasper.1863

in PvP and PvE
did rev got nerfed?
is rev really OP in pvp? (well for me I think not really)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

It is a “solid” class for PvP but far from OP, just a really solid competitive choice for a power build although it gets hard countered by any condition build.

In PvE they are easily replaceable because their DPS isn’t that great anymore. I’ve noticed that raid groups started completely replacing Revs a while ago after the huge AA nerf they got a while ago.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

still op in pvp, non replaceable dps roamer spot

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I spent about $100 US buying gems to get all the nice things I wanted for my rev. I play mostily in WvW.

I no longer play my Revenant…. The nerf hammer came down hard on the DPS, but there were no ballances on the sustainability side, (condi clear, stability, stunbreak) and now the class feels useless without the high burst damage, if a fight drags on for any ammount of time your dead.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Its still stupid with no signs of nerfs incoming in pvp. anet selling hot i guess. Its #2 spot right behind the current fotm.

In PVE afaik its not record run optimal, but pretty much everyone else takes it. And it can be very casual/beginner friendly with goodp erformance, so its a safe pick.

WvW zergs afaik the hammer is pretty valuable there, i think it is in the must have zone.
WvW roaming its almost same as pvp, with a con of more condi builds.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It is a “solid” class for PvP but far from OP, just a really solid competitive choice for a power build although it gets hard countered by any condition build.

In PvE they are easily replaceable because their DPS isn’t that great anymore. I’ve noticed that raid groups started completely replacing Revs a while ago after the huge AA nerf they got a while ago.

Any raid leader that replaces a Herald is an idiot. 50% boon duration = 50% more quickness, and that facet makes it so you don’t even need to might stack yourself and can spam more sword #2 before switching to Jalis to recharge.

The AA nerf wasn’t even a sustained DPS nerf, their DPS actually went up in any circumstance where they could land the 3 projectiles from Precision Strike, which is pretty much every boss.

Herald tested DPS is 30k. That’s only behind Tempest and Daredevil. They are the third highest DPS class with might+fury stacking, strong break bar destruction, 50% boon duration, 150 ferocity aura for the group, and on demand ranged protection and a 50% reduced damage intake elite on demand.

No class can actually beat that level of combined utility and damage. Eles and thieves are pure DPS classes with far inferior utility.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Any raid leader that replaces a Herald is an idiot. 50% boon duration = 50% more quickness, and that facet makes it so you don’t even need to might stack yourself and can spam more sword #2 before switching to Jalis to recharge.

The AA nerf wasn’t even a sustained DPS nerf, their DPS actually went up in any circumstance where they could land the 3 projectiles from Precision Strike, which is pretty much every boss.

Herald tested DPS is 30k. That’s only behind Tempest and Daredevil. They are the third highest DPS class with might+fury stacking, strong break bar destruction, 50% boon duration, 150 ferocity aura for the group, and on demand ranged protection and a 50% reduced damage intake elite on demand.

No class can actually beat that level of combined utility and damage. Eles and thieves are pure DPS classes with far inferior utility.

I wouldn’t recommend using precision strike due to the bug it’s weaker than just using AA.
You might want to test it on the DPS golem

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

I wouldn’t recommend using precision strike due to the bug it’s weaker than just using AA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/

I think you need to l2r…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Can you even read?

Stella Truth Seeker

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Did you watch the videos, or were you just complaining? Revenant video used Precision Strike rotationally to achieve that DPS, and to make recommendations based on some inconsistent bug seems pretty silly.

You can look up similar replicated parses both on dummy and on bosses using unofficial DPS meters.

Whatever, I’ll just leave you to go on about your pity party about revenant mediocrity.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

There might be small balance tweak on Tuesday. If so, I believe both Power Rev and Condi Mes will get some nerf.

In general, the profession is good or broken good in all the game modes, but has pretty much one build with slight variations for everything and barely any alternative playstyles or other viable builds.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

There might be small balance tweak on Tuesday. If so, I believe both Power Rev and Condi Mes will get some nerf.

they can nerf rev in pvp esports as often as they want as long as they dont wreck the class even more in pve.

+ if they are doing any balance tweaks for pve before touching eles kittened overpowered dps then i will completely lose faith in anets balance team.

honestly i wish roy was still on the balance team.

you are wrong.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Yeah well.. im not so sure about that. Sure he did some good stuff and had a nice reason behind them like shield rooting you in place for the healing it does (too bad the guy who nerfed it doesnt understand it) but he also not addressed many issues with core rev. He gutted Jalis, gutted Mallyx, left many underpowered traits, did nothing to improve Ventari.

For me it feels like the only thing he really cared about was his sword/shield+staff shiro/glint build. Rest might as well not exist and nobody will notice. He also is the one who designed a lot of stuff that gw2 engine simply not support properly. How often do you miss something due to terrain issues? Sword 4, Glint elite, hammer 2, mace 2, deactivating hammers and so on. I would rather have Robert tbh.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

they can nerf rev in pvp esports as often as they want as long as they dont wreck the class even more in pve.

+ if they are doing any balance tweaks for pve before touching eles kittened overpowered dps then i will completely lose faith in anets balance team.

you are wrong.

I tested the rotation he used vs the one without elemental blast and precision strike. And AA rotation won by 5%~. While obals calculations are correct AFAIK he didn’t know about the bug while modeling therefore the end result is off.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

you are wrong.

Unfortunately Roy was also behind core ranger and you see what’s the result with core ranger, kitten back then and virtually nonexistent now that they gave up on making offensive ranger good and gave him a new niche instead.

I mean, he was behind “Most Dangerous Game” as a grandmaster for rangers.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Most_Dangerous_Game

and Nature’s Vengeance:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nature's_Vengeance

On top of actually nerfing Hunter’s Tactics by turning it from a 10% damage buff while flanking into a 10% increased crit chance, which is less useful in several circumstances.

Roy’s design of the revenant was a happy accident. Incidentally, those classes Karl is responsible for (ele, warrior, thief) end up pretty well in the long run in PvE.

So, we want Karl for rev, although I feel that is being selfish given the state of necromancers and offensive rangers, they kinda deserve it more.

you are wrong.

I tested the rotation he used vs the one without elemental blast and precision strike. And AA rotation won by 5%~. While obals calculations are correct AFAIK he didn’t know about the bug while modeling therefore the end result is off.

The “he” you are referring to for rotations is actually the “he” you’re quoting in your post. NoTrigger/Vicious was the guy doing the revenant rotation in the linked quantify DPS benchmark videos.

So, if you are having problems with replicating his results, you can just ask him in your reply.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

you are wrong.

Unfortunately Roy was also behind core ranger and you see what’s the result with core ranger, kitten back then and virtually nonexistent now that they gave up on making offensive ranger good and gave him a new niche instead.

I mean, he was behind “Most Dangerous Game” as a grandmaster for rangers.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Most_Dangerous_Game

and Nature’s Vengeance:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nature's_Vengeance

On top of actually nerfing Hunter’s Tactics by turning it from a 10% damage buff while flanking into a 10% increased crit chance, which is less useful in several circumstances.

Roy’s design of the revenant was a happy accident. Incidentally, those classes Karl is responsible for (ele, warrior, thief) end up pretty well in the long run in PvE.

So, we want Karl for rev, although I feel that is being selfish given the state of necromancers and offensive rangers, they kinda deserve it more.

you are wrong.

The “he” you are referring to for rotations is actually the “he” you’re quoting in your post. NoTrigger/Vicious was the guy doing the revenant rotation in the linked quantify DPS benchmark videos.

So, if you are having problems with replicating his results, you can just ask him in your reply.

I have no problems replicating the results the rotation is simple. But the rotation he is using is obals , obals simulations were from before we found out that Weapon modifiers do not apply to PS and UA and that is a 31% damage loss on PS (assuming you are using a ascended sword). If you think that such a massive damage loss doesn’t affect the calculations result you are severely mistaken.

I suggest trying this rotation without using PS and while using PS. And you’ll see it for yourself.

More testing seems to indicate that it’s associated with a slightly longer upkeep on Vengeful Hammers, a rather long after cast 1s~ and the weapon modifier bug.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

NoTrigger.8396

I have no problems replicating the results the rotation is simple. But the rotation he is using is obals , obals simulations were from before we found out that Weapon modifiers do not apply to PS and UA and that is a 31% damage loss on PS (assuming you are using a ascended sword). If you think that such a massive damage loss doesn’t affect the calculations result you are severely mistaken.

I suggest trying this rotation without using PS and while using PS. And you’ll see it for yourself.

More testing seems to indicate that it’s associated with a slightly longer upkeep on Vengeful Hammers, a rather long after cast 1s~ and the weapon modifier bug.

obal had no idea how to play revenant and i am not using obals rotation, if anything he was using mine, because from the very first day i told him using all of the facets is a stupid idea and dps loss. and i just tested it again, you are still wrong.
and its not associated with a slightly longer upkeep on vengeful hammers, because you can use PS 2-3 times during your time in jalis and as soon as weapon swap is off cooldown you want to swap, or it will be a dps loss.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Whats the dps of condi rev? ;o

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

NoTrigger.8396

about -20 on a 1-10 scale.

[qT] Quantify

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

obal had no idea how to play revenant and i am not using obals rotation, if anything he was using mine, because from the very first day i told him using all of the facets is a stupid idea and dps loss. and i just tested it again, you are still wrong.
and its not associated with a slightly longer upkeep on vengeful hammers, because you can use PS 2-3 times during your time in jalis and as soon as weapon swap is off cooldown you want to swap, or it will be a dps loss.

Good having a answer from you directly. Won’t deny that I might have made a mistake.
Major reason to find it strange would be AA chain has a dps modifier of 1.29~,PS has a 2.07 modifier with the bug so the skill would have to take around 1.69s have the same DPS.
On using facets beyond elemental blast, I think it’s rather obvious that it’s a dps loss.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Rev is at a point that if its damage is nerfed, it wont be able to survive in 1v1 combat against anything condi. Give rev more condi removal, and im fine with a bit of a dmg nerf. There is also the choice of nerfing condis back down so they are no longer cancer, but the chance of that happening is like 0.

Also what u ppl dont understand is that all these nerfs are crippling it in pve.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

NoTrigger.8396

Also what u ppl dont understand is that all these nerfs are crippling it in pve.

thats what anet doesnt understand. rev needs slight dps buffs in pve, not nerfs. and shiro should be reworked. as soon as you have quickness in pve its completely useless. impossible odds should give like 10-15% dmg increase instead of quickness.

[qT] Quantify

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

thats what anet doesnt understand. rev needs slight dps buffs in pve, not nerfs. and shiro should be reworked. as soon as you have quickness in pve its completely useless. impossible odds should give like 10-15% dmg increase instead of quickness.

Well if they fix the PS bug and balance it to produce the same damage in PvP that will be at least a buff they can do without problems. IMO quickness has more utility for everything else so I would rather keep it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Rev suffer from a similar syndrome of ele’s (and necros), where your utility can be brought by somebody else (might/fury from rev, PS warrior; condi necro just has an inferior version of projectile destruction and mesmer boon strips already).

So if either rev or ele get their DPS nerfed to a point, you’ll just replace them with thief or engineers (as engineers replaced eles rather recently prior to the xpac).

Problem with ele is even more accentuated because it’s the light armor class with the lowest base HP in the game; if it does the same damage as the next top class who has better durability, you just replace them.

To be frank, only by giving classes unique buffs like banners, frost spirit/grace of the land, and alacrity do you make them indispensable.

And it will continue to remain that way until this game’s systems start valuing more things than just raw DPS on a boss.

For example, the breakbar completely took a dump on necro and other debuff heavy classes that don’t have a lot of boon sharing or active support because they were designed as debuffers. So things like weakness/slow/chilled/cripple/blind are hardly attractive when many of the boon heavy classes also bring enough hard CC themselves for break bars. The only time when debuffs are even useful are short periods where the breakbar is active, and even there they’re of limited use comparatively.

They were so hamfisted, where they could have simply reduced the % values of weakness/chill/cripple/slow on bosses, they made them completely immune and made necromancers even worse of a group support class.

And sadly they balance solely with spvp in mind, so PvE people won’t see the light until a paradigm shift in their design practices.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Rev is still one of the best pvp classes and a very convenient pve / raid class. Talking pve: Easy to play, high damage, boon bot, facet of nature, high amount of break bar mechanics, durable and finally damage reduction in dwarf stance.

Basically average raid groups will bring revenants.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

you are wrong.

even in pvp ele damage is over the top, you can see it by watching how much damage a cleric ele can put out..

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

IMO, I think Revenant is getting closer to a good spot in terms of balance. It just needs a few number tweaks/QoL adjustments.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

IMO, I think Revenant is getting closer to a good spot in terms of balance. It just needs a lot number tweaks/QoL adjustments.

Fify.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

Revenant is slowly dying with all these damage nerfs only thief can take that many nerf hammer hits and still be playable. First was sword now staff im surprised that no one isnt whining about axe or mace. Im sure next nerf is going to be glint boons.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

IMO, I think Revenant is getting closer to a good spot in terms of balance. It just needs a lot number tweaks/QoL adjustments.

Fify.

I’m not sure I understand that. Sorry.

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Fify.

Well considering the number of unusable/bugged traits, legends and weapons saying a few is a understatement.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

So how's revenant now?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Fify.

Well considering the number of unusable/bugged traits, legends and weapons saying a few is a understatement.

Oh okay. I just didn’t understand the term. I’m not up to date with the latest leet lingo/acronyms. Heck, I don’t even know what AFAIK means; just that it has something to do with “what I know”.

EDIT: Fify = fixed it for you. And I just saw the “fix” you made. Sorry, the coffee perk is slowing down finally.

Still, I stand by my original statement.